IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 4 of 15: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Can't find something to laugh out loud about? You're obviously dead

Author: hung_fao_tweeze from Omaha, Nebraska
26 February 2005

It's completely adolescent in every way. It's entirely rude and somewhat crude. It's high-school, folk(s). Yet you will be compelled to laugh out loud. I've seen this monster more than 5 times and I still get teary eyed. Interestingly the situations by themselves are only mildly funny, but the spin and nuance the actors/actresses apply to their characters transforms what could have been ever so much more lame into over-the-top hilarity. There is magic in this movie. You feel it and sense the great fun the cast had doing it. This movie gels in every way. The same thing was attempted in 'Porky's 2' and seemed forced - which translated into a rather lame follow-up.

Not for the easily offended or naive. Ultimately the driving force for nearly everything in the plot is sex. Yes, there's nudity but it doesn't get past a high PG-13 or low R, IMO. Also of interest is there doesn't seem to be an abundance of foul language. Oh, it's here alright but it seems appropriate and not gratuitous or indulgent.

I'm not going to even cite examples from this movie. It would take too long and you're better off just going out and viewing it. Even if I told you what happens it wouldn't spoil a thing anyway - and that is what makes this an all-time classic. In fact, 'Porky's' is a lot like sex - if you do it once you'll eventually do it again. Worth repeated viewings!! Do it and do it again.

Outrageous Fun

Author: mjw2305 from England
28 January 2005

A bunch of high school students, after just one thing, p*ssy, p*ssy and more p*ssy get caught up in a whole lot of trouble.

On an outing to a nightclub called Porky's, desperate to get Pee Wee (Dan Monhan) Laid, the owner with the help of his brother, the local sheriff, embarrass them and rip them off and leave them p*ssed off and horny.

The Lads plot their revenge, and implement a plan to destroy the nightclub, but what happens to Pee Wee that's his last chance, isn't it?

Great Fun, and i, for one can't wait for the remake.

Proverbial American Humor

Author: 1lawyer from Dallas, Texas USA
23 January 2005

Everyone who has ever seen this movie seems to remember it in great detail. Chuck "Porky" Mitchell is an action figure that will always be remembered by the audience for his very real portrayal of a "river entrepreneur". This is a movie you will NOT forget. It is a "peoples movies", not for the faint of heart. It borders on being an "Art Film". The photographic quality of this move alone sets it apart from most other films. It appears to have been shot on real locations, not in a studio lot. The signage on Porky's establishment is eye catching and cleverly portrays what he is offering to an adoring adult male public. If you are a ballet fan or a classical music fan, you will doubtless NOT want to view this film. If you are a "Red Stater" politically, you will find this movie to be a must see - several times at least. It embodies the spirit of the Television Series "Happy Days", except with a bit more edge, especially regarding the moral climate in which "shotgun weddings" were in vogue. It is one of those "FEEL GOOD" movies that has a mostly happy ending and makes the viewer crave more. And there are two EXCELLENT follow ups.

A good way at losing your naivety...!!!

Author: templer_doom (templer_doom@yahoo.co.uk)
1 August 2003

I first saw PORKY'S at a time when my fellow school pupils seemed to be one up on me when it came to matters of nocturnal pleasure. I was a late developer, certainly when it came to girls as a whole and I have to admit that I probably would have been a lot like Pee Wee in being foolish around sex. As it stands, PORKY'S is a great teen movie and one which clearly inspired the likes of AMERICAN PIE in terms of teen stupidity. As with the more recent movie, the plot is slight, but enables some memorable moments to occur, which will remain unsaid here and you can't help but root for the boys as they are shortchanged by the venue of the title......

funniest movie I have ever seen

Author: Jessevans27 (Jessevans27@hotmail.com) from Concordia, Kansas
2 September 2002

I thought Porky's was the funniest movie I have ever seen. I liked it because they are all friends playing tricks on each other. I mean, who doesn't do that. I have always played tricks on my friends. It made me laugh. That's why I enjoyed it so much. Laughing is my most favorite thing to do. I'm 28 and still playing tricks. I love to laugh. All the characters made me laugh. I like comedy. And this movie made me laugh the most. This is funnier than American Pie. That's only my opinion. I laughed throughout the whole movie. I still watch it. It's fun to joke around with your friends. I loved this movie. It still makes me laugh and have a good time. My dad loves this movie. It's just a bunch of teenagers playing tricks on each other. It's the greatest!

One of the worst movies ever made

Author: itamarscomix from Israel
13 August 2012

Honestly, it is. I don't have a problem with low-brow, gross-out humor, but I expect a movie to have at least one redeeming quality - a likable character, an unpredictable plot, good one-liners, or, at the very least, funny jokes. Porky's has none of those; every character is a flat and familiar caricature, every joke can be anticipated thirty minutes in advance, and there's no motivation to root for or care about anybody. It may indeed be the ultimate teen sex comedy in that it adheres to every possible cliché to the letter. If you want a hilarious comedy centered around horny young people doing dumb things and trying to get laid - compare and contrast Animal House, released only four years before. That's a real comedy. Porky's is real trash.

Excellent

Author: chastrigg (chastrigg@hotmail.com) from Hull England
4 October 2003

I first saw this film because my mum recommended it as funny. I watched it and thought i wish id have been in that movie. It must have been so much fun to film the cast are all hillarious and the mischievous characters are amazing. Tommy Turner one word - phoaw - Billy, Brian and Mickey joint second and the rest of the gang joint third. The humor in this is way beyond any young comedy i've ever seen, sure Scary Movie and such like are funny but this is pure humor, not ripping off or following the ideas of someone else, this film is original, with the best cast to do the amazing side splitting comedy justice. Anyone who doesn't find this film funny needs their heads reading.

A true comedy classic

Author: Jack Smith - The King Of Horror from West Bromwich, England
6 October 2000

One of the greatest comedies ever made! Porky's is an absolute joy to watch full with extremely funny gags and wonderfully rude set pieces including "that" legendary shower scene which has to be seen to be believed. This film just puts modern rip-offs such as American Pie to shame with it's unrivaled hilarity. Wonderful! If you have never seen this brilliant film then you haven't lived. This is one of the most enjoyable films that I have ever seen.

Not funny, not raunchy, not good

Author: hall895 from New Jersey
28 November 2014

Porky's is a coming-of-age movie. The teenage boys the story focuses on think coming-of-age is just about seeing naked girls and, if at all possible, having sex with them. So we follow this band of horny young men on their quest to see some breasts. They go to a nightclub where love is for sale but that trip doesn't end up going according to plan. In the movie's most famous scene they spy on a group of girls in the shower. At least that leads to a pretty funny scene in which coach Beulah Balbricker, whose name tells you all you need to know, lays out her plan to identify one of the peeping Toms. Sadly, that's pretty much the only funny scene in the movie. And what the movie lacks in laughs it doesn't make up for in outrageousness. Porky's has a reputation for being wild and raunchy but it is actually rather tame. If the most outrageous thing in your movie is a scene featuring a handful of girls in a shower for a minute or two your movie is not particularly outrageous at all. So there's no laughs, no raunch, and pretty much no plot. That's not a formula for a successful teen sex comedy. Toss in the fact that supporting characters, such as the aforementioned Balbricker, are more interesting than the guys the movie actually focuses on and the movie is clearly doomed to fail. The fact that the character of Pee Wee, who is focused on most of all, is incredibly annoying certainly doesn't help matters any. The fact that the threadbare plot ultimately leads to a simply absurd climax is just the final insult. Porky's is noted for helping to launch the teen sex comedy genre. It may be among the first, it's certainly among the worst.

disgusting garbage.

Author: jacobjohntaylor1 from barry's bay
10 September 2014

This movie is not funny. It is disgusting garbage. It is sick. I can;t believe people like this movie. The story line is awful. The hummer is awful. Pooh pooh that all it is. Don't wast your money. This movie stinks. Pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh. Never see this movie. Pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh. The pretty girls can't make up for the awful hummer. Dreadful hummer. Pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh, pooh pooh. Stinky stinky pooh. I hate comedy movies this awful. I like comedies that are funny not when there poop. Don't see this movie don't see it don't see it.