IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 15: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Great fun

Author: rebeccameily from United States
8 October 2007

I first saw this movie when it came out and have seen it at least 5 times. It is one of the funniest movies ever. You need to see it twice to really catch all the nuances. It is just as hysterical to me now, at age 50+ as it was when I was younger. It's a little raunchy at times but not so bad that I can't watch it with my teenage kids. It shows them a little slice of what kids were like during that time period...a little harmless fun and games. The movie's writers also fought against racism long before others had the nerve to do so. I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone with an irreverent sense of humor. In fact, see all 3; the naked KKK guys being paraded into the stadium are hysterical.

At times extremely annoying, but at times actually pretty funny

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
27 August 2007

My boyfriend and I were at a DVD store the other day and he saw the big special edition of "Porky's" and was like "I loved this movie so much, isn't it so funny?" and I just looked at him and was like "Ummm, I never saw it" and he just looked at me like my hair fell out. He said this was such a classic and that I shouldn't call myself a movie buff if I hadn't seen this film. So I took his advice, I rented it, and watched it this morning. I know he's gonna hate me because to be honest, I didn't really find it that funny. It just seemed like a typical teen sex comedy that was more gross and unrealistic than actual comedy. But I admit that I did have a couple of laughs here and there, the story wasn't really that bad.

Basically a bunch of boys in high school are determined to get laid. Some have been laid before, but there is a guy they call Pee-Wee, understandably by his lack of a package, they take him to a strip joint called Porky's. There they give the owner, Porky, a hundred dollars to have the strippers for an hour, but Porky tricks the boys and ends up humiliating them instead. So throughout the movie one of the boys keeps going back to get revenge and finally they all just do it together for the ultimate revenge tactic.

Porky's did have a few funny scenes, like the "love" scene between the coach and Honeywell, played by a very young Kim Catrell, her screaming was so hilarious. Then the female gym teacher going after the boys because they were teasing the girls in the locker room through the peep holes, she was pretty funny. Over all, I wouldn't say that Porky's is at all a bad film, it has it's moments here and there, but I'd rather stick with other teen sex comedies, but this one is worth a look if you're into them.

Reasons why this movie rules

7 June 2007

1) The infamous girls' shower locker room scene. Boy, do you get to see plenty of smoking hot young ladies parading about in their birthday suits. Plus the whole gag involving one guy shoving his penis through the peephole is totally hilarious. 2) There's something for the ladies, too. A bunch of young guys disrobe and bare their entire bodies as well, so this film can't be accused of being sexist. 3) Kim Cattrall. She's always been (and still is) a major babe. Well, she's absolutely delectable here as a luscious coach who howls like a dog while making love to a fellow high school coach in a men's locker room. 4) The cast have a ball with their roles. Dan Monahan portrays the libidinous Pee Wee with impish charm and glee to spare. Kaki Hunter is likewise absolutely adorable as the brash Wendy. Popping up in nifty supporting parts are Nancy Parsons as the uptight gym teacher Ms. Ballbricker, Chuck Mitchell as detestable brothel owner Porky, Alex Karras as a corrupt sheriff, Eric Christmas as the meek principal, and Susan Clark as a bawdy prostitute. 5) The anti-Semiticism subplot about one guy who antagonizes a Jewish student because his brutish dad beats him up is surprisingly strong and poignant. Moreover, it's real heavy stuff for a comedy. 6) The picture's outrageously raunchy sense of no-holds-barred crude'n'rude humor will never win awards for either taste or subtlety, but it's nonetheless constantly funny in a blithely lowbrow sort of way. 7) It's a well-made little flick with slick cinematography, a rockin' score, and a catchy golden oldies soundtrack. 8) Writer/director Bob Clark. Does this man have an amazingly eclectic resume or what? From the seasonal slasher prototype "Black Christmas" to the utterly charming yuletide favorite "A Christmas Story" to the first two "Porky's" movies, Clark delivered a steady succession of on the money solid and enjoyable features. Rest in peace Bob Clark and thank you for all the terrific entertainment.

raunchy low brow cinema at its finest

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
27 May 2007

i'm almost ashamed to admit it,but i loved this movie.it's sick and demented,offensive and political incorrect.but its a riot.it's set in Florida in 1954.it's basically about a bunch of horn dog teenagers trying to lose their virginity.but there's a lot more going on than just that.there's a lot of double entondres(not sure if that's the right spelling or not)here and lots of sexual innuendo and and also sex without any innuendo needed.this is low brow cinema at it's finest.i can see why it's classic though. i laughed my ass off so much i thought i was gonna die.Bob Clark,who directed the original horror classic "Black Christmas" also directed this movie.there are a few serious moments dealing with racism and antisemitism,but mostly it's all about the laughs.if you wanna know what the title "Porky's refers to,you'll have to watch the movie.i have to give this movie 10/10 for making me laugh my ass off so much.

PORKY'S (Bob Clark, 1982) **1/2

Author: MARIO GAUCI (marrod@melita.com) from Naxxar, Malta
18 April 2007

I watched this and its first sequel in tribute to director Clark's recent tragic demise; I recall it being shown on Italian TV as a kid, but I was never all that interested in checking it out - since I'm not a fan of teen flicks and, basically, I had always felt that Clark debased himself somewhat by choosing to make such films in the first place...

Now that I've had the opportunity to watch the film for myself, I found it a surprisingly tolerable if uneven comedy - and occasionally uproarious; thankfully, the teenagers here aren't as obnoxious as in other films of its ilk. It also takes care to provide mild social commentary by having its characters stand up for a put-upon member of the Jewish community.

Though some gags eventually grow repetitive or outstay their welcome, its best moments are the following: the scene with the prostitute played by Susan Clark, the numerous clashes with the obese female teacher (especially the shower scene and its aftermath in the headmaster's office) and the climactic demolition of Porky's red-neck establishment.

Lots of Laughs

Author: swamprat-6 from United States
11 November 2005

I've been told that the Porky's movies were films that portrayed Porky's Hideaway in Ft. Lauderdale in the 50's and 60's. They could have very well been. I worked part time at Porky's from 61-63 and never saw so this much excitement, but the thousands of college students that came all knew about Porky's and was the place to go back then if you had the right identification, because you were checked at the door. It opened at 8PM and closed at 4AM and always had the best entertainment in South Florida. Porky Baines was nothing like the character playing him, but these films were great for lots of laughs.I have several of the Porky films and they are great entertainment.

Jack Proctor

Enter the world of hilarity!

Author: Brian T. Whitlock (GOWBTW) from WILMINGTON, NC
17 August 2005

This movie is the ultimate of comedy and sex. I'm talking about Porky's! This movie is incredibly raunchy as well as very funny at the same time. We have quite a few well known stars of today: Susan Clark & Alex Karras(Webster); the vivacious Kim Cattrall(Mannequin and the ever popular "Sex & The City). There were a lot of scenes that made my insides hurt bad: The pseudo-interaction with a hooker and the three guys. The burly black guy was about to blow the whole thing, with his snickering and he later does his part with the machete at the horny little dogs. The second one was the sexual interaction with the two coaches when Cattrall's character howls. I couldn't stop laughing. You thought that was bad, the male organ was the tops of the laugh fest for me. My insides was about to go BOOM! After seeing it all, the entire movie was not boring at all. It was funny, it left me in stitches! Call 911 if necessary, rest for 2 hours before seeing the other sequels. Rating 4 out of 5 stars!

Can't find something to laugh out loud about? You're obviously dead

Author: hung_fao_tweeze from Omaha, Nebraska
26 February 2005

It's completely adolescent in every way. It's entirely rude and somewhat crude. It's high-school, folk(s). Yet you will be compelled to laugh out loud. I've seen this monster more than 5 times and I still get teary eyed. Interestingly the situations by themselves are only mildly funny, but the spin and nuance the actors/actresses apply to their characters transforms what could have been ever so much more lame into over-the-top hilarity. There is magic in this movie. You feel it and sense the great fun the cast had doing it. This movie gels in every way. The same thing was attempted in 'Porky's 2' and seemed forced - which translated into a rather lame follow-up.

Not for the easily offended or naive. Ultimately the driving force for nearly everything in the plot is sex. Yes, there's nudity but it doesn't get past a high PG-13 or low R, IMO. Also of interest is there doesn't seem to be an abundance of foul language. Oh, it's here alright but it seems appropriate and not gratuitous or indulgent.

I'm not going to even cite examples from this movie. It would take too long and you're better off just going out and viewing it. Even if I told you what happens it wouldn't spoil a thing anyway - and that is what makes this an all-time classic. In fact, 'Porky's' is a lot like sex - if you do it once you'll eventually do it again. Worth repeated viewings!! Do it and do it again.

Outrageous Fun

Author: mjw2305 from England
28 January 2005

A bunch of high school students, after just one thing, p*ssy, p*ssy and more p*ssy get caught up in a whole lot of trouble.

On an outing to a nightclub called Porky's, desperate to get Pee Wee (Dan Monhan) Laid, the owner with the help of his brother, the local sheriff, embarrass them and rip them off and leave them p*ssed off and horny.

The Lads plot their revenge, and implement a plan to destroy the nightclub, but what happens to Pee Wee that's his last chance, isn't it?

Great Fun, and i, for one can't wait for the remake.

Proverbial American Humor

Author: 1lawyer from Dallas, Texas USA
23 January 2005

Everyone who has ever seen this movie seems to remember it in great detail. Chuck "Porky" Mitchell is an action figure that will always be remembered by the audience for his very real portrayal of a "river entrepreneur". This is a movie you will NOT forget. It is a "peoples movies", not for the faint of heart. It borders on being an "Art Film". The photographic quality of this move alone sets it apart from most other films. It appears to have been shot on real locations, not in a studio lot. The signage on Porky's establishment is eye catching and cleverly portrays what he is offering to an adoring adult male public. If you are a ballet fan or a classical music fan, you will doubtless NOT want to view this film. If you are a "Red Stater" politically, you will find this movie to be a must see - several times at least. It embodies the spirit of the Television Series "Happy Days", except with a bit more edge, especially regarding the moral climate in which "shotgun weddings" were in vogue. It is one of those "FEEL GOOD" movies that has a mostly happy ending and makes the viewer crave more. And there are two EXCELLENT follow ups.