IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

That'll never be all, folks!

Author: Lee Eisenberg (lee.eisenberg.pdx@gmail.com) from Portland, Oregon, USA
10 April 2007

Bob Clark's untimely death in a car crash a few days ago brings to mind his career, including the hilarious T&A fest "Porky's". When I was really young and walked by it at the video store, I always assumed that it had something to do with Porky Pig; it does, if only very loosely. Watching the movie, I could only wonder how much fun they must have had filming it. I almost never stopped laughing, and when I did it was mostly because I ran out of breath from laughter. It's hard to say whether the best scene is the shower scene, or the whole end sequence. It's the sort of movie that you just have to see to believe.

OK, so a lot of the movie consists of what are probably male chauvinistic fantasies, but this is a comedy, folks! You're not supposed to take it seriously. But no matter how you interpret it, you gotta love it. Among the cast members is Kim Cattrall, many years before "Sex and the City". I liked the sequel equally.

In conclusion: Bob Clark, wherever you are, we'll always remember you, if only for this movie and its sequel.

Bob Clark directed movies as different as the "Porky's" movies, "Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things" and "A Christmas Story". The things that we see in life...

Still one of the funniest high school comedy movies of all time

Author: torskie from United States
3 December 2006

Porky's was a pleasant surprise to me when I watched it years after it's screening. If I had been in a movie theater, I would have made frequent trips to the urinal and likely evicted for loud, uncontrollable laughter.

The practical jokes, the sexual tensions of the teachers, and the sheer lust of high school vs. the moral majority is magnificently depicted. The shower scene was classic, only to be followed by Ballbricker's plan for catching the culprit. I still laugh until I cry when I see this, even on highly censored TV screenings.

This should be a classic teen comedy, if it isn't a cult classic already.

Adolescent male fantasies.

Author: OFG-Movie from Washington St.
13 September 2005

I like this movie. It's funny, it's entertaining and it is perverted. This movie is a collection of common adolescent male fantasies sewn together into story about Florida high school kids in the fifties. Fantasies depicted include a peek into the girls locker room, a trip to an adult club, making it with that especially good looking teacher, (done vicariously teacher on teacher) revenge against a group of bullies and more. Add to this several just plain funny practical jokes mixed in between the other scenes and you get an entertaining movie. Just about every male out there will be able to relate one or more situation or one or more characters. If you are looking for art or a message then this is not your movie. If you are looking for a glimpse into the teenage male mind, then you may enjoy this film, just don't become indignant when you see yourself dimly reflected here and there in the film.

surprisingly decent overall, very funny

Author: Kreme (kreme@kreme.com) from Earth (Middle)
21 September 2004

Porky's is no ANIMAL HOUSE or FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, but then again, what is? Still, it has one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in film. The 'Lassie' scene? No. The 'shower' scene? Nope. The scene following the shower scene, featuring the coaches and the school principal discussing the possibilities of a 'line up' is still hilarious.

The comedy is raunchy, that's true. The 'plot' is simplistic, sure. The acting is passable, but nothing remarkable, OK. But it is funny, and it is still a lot of fun 20 years later. And, of course, it spawned a thousand imitators and two sequels. None quite capture the original's humor and somewhat innocent raunchiness.

Keep an eye out for Kim Catrell in an early role as "Lassie"

Great fun

Author: rebeccameily from United States
8 October 2007

I first saw this movie when it came out and have seen it at least 5 times. It is one of the funniest movies ever. You need to see it twice to really catch all the nuances. It is just as hysterical to me now, at age 50+ as it was when I was younger. It's a little raunchy at times but not so bad that I can't watch it with my teenage kids. It shows them a little slice of what kids were like during that time period...a little harmless fun and games. The movie's writers also fought against racism long before others had the nerve to do so. I would definitely recommend the movie to anyone with an irreverent sense of humor. In fact, see all 3; the naked KKK guys being paraded into the stadium are hysterical.

At times extremely annoying, but at times actually pretty funny

Author: Kristine (kristinedrama14@msn.com) from Chicago, Illinois
27 August 2007

My boyfriend and I were at a DVD store the other day and he saw the big special edition of "Porky's" and was like "I loved this movie so much, isn't it so funny?" and I just looked at him and was like "Ummm, I never saw it" and he just looked at me like my hair fell out. He said this was such a classic and that I shouldn't call myself a movie buff if I hadn't seen this film. So I took his advice, I rented it, and watched it this morning. I know he's gonna hate me because to be honest, I didn't really find it that funny. It just seemed like a typical teen sex comedy that was more gross and unrealistic than actual comedy. But I admit that I did have a couple of laughs here and there, the story wasn't really that bad.

Basically a bunch of boys in high school are determined to get laid. Some have been laid before, but there is a guy they call Pee-Wee, understandably by his lack of a package, they take him to a strip joint called Porky's. There they give the owner, Porky, a hundred dollars to have the strippers for an hour, but Porky tricks the boys and ends up humiliating them instead. So throughout the movie one of the boys keeps going back to get revenge and finally they all just do it together for the ultimate revenge tactic.

Porky's did have a few funny scenes, like the "love" scene between the coach and Honeywell, played by a very young Kim Catrell, her screaming was so hilarious. Then the female gym teacher going after the boys because they were teasing the girls in the locker room through the peep holes, she was pretty funny. Over all, I wouldn't say that Porky's is at all a bad film, it has it's moments here and there, but I'd rather stick with other teen sex comedies, but this one is worth a look if you're into them.

Reasons why this movie rules

7 June 2007

1) The infamous girls' shower locker room scene. Boy, do you get to see plenty of smoking hot young ladies parading about in their birthday suits. Plus the whole gag involving one guy shoving his penis through the peephole is totally hilarious. 2) There's something for the ladies, too. A bunch of young guys disrobe and bare their entire bodies as well, so this film can't be accused of being sexist. 3) Kim Cattrall. She's always been (and still is) a major babe. Well, she's absolutely delectable here as a luscious coach who howls like a dog while making love to a fellow high school coach in a men's locker room. 4) The cast have a ball with their roles. Dan Monahan portrays the libidinous Pee Wee with impish charm and glee to spare. Kaki Hunter is likewise absolutely adorable as the brash Wendy. Popping up in nifty supporting parts are Nancy Parsons as the uptight gym teacher Ms. Ballbricker, Chuck Mitchell as detestable brothel owner Porky, Alex Karras as a corrupt sheriff, Eric Christmas as the meek principal, and Susan Clark as a bawdy prostitute. 5) The anti-Semiticism subplot about one guy who antagonizes a Jewish student because his brutish dad beats him up is surprisingly strong and poignant. Moreover, it's real heavy stuff for a comedy. 6) The picture's outrageously raunchy sense of no-holds-barred crude'n'rude humor will never win awards for either taste or subtlety, but it's nonetheless constantly funny in a blithely lowbrow sort of way. 7) It's a well-made little flick with slick cinematography, a rockin' score, and a catchy golden oldies soundtrack. 8) Writer/director Bob Clark. Does this man have an amazingly eclectic resume or what? From the seasonal slasher prototype "Black Christmas" to the utterly charming yuletide favorite "A Christmas Story" to the first two "Porky's" movies, Clark delivered a steady succession of on the money solid and enjoyable features. Rest in peace Bob Clark and thank you for all the terrific entertainment.

raunchy low brow cinema at its finest

Author: disdressed12 from Canada
27 May 2007

i'm almost ashamed to admit it,but i loved this movie.it's sick and demented,offensive and political incorrect.but its a riot.it's set in Florida in 1954.it's basically about a bunch of horn dog teenagers trying to lose their virginity.but there's a lot more going on than just that.there's a lot of double entondres(not sure if that's the right spelling or not)here and lots of sexual innuendo and and also sex without any innuendo needed.this is low brow cinema at it's finest.i can see why it's classic though. i laughed my ass off so much i thought i was gonna die.Bob Clark,who directed the original horror classic "Black Christmas" also directed this movie.there are a few serious moments dealing with racism and antisemitism,but mostly it's all about the laughs.if you wanna know what the title "Porky's refers to,you'll have to watch the movie.i have to give this movie 10/10 for making me laugh my ass off so much.

PORKY'S (Bob Clark, 1982) **1/2

Author: MARIO GAUCI (marrod@melita.com) from Naxxar, Malta
18 April 2007

I watched this and its first sequel in tribute to director Clark's recent tragic demise; I recall it being shown on Italian TV as a kid, but I was never all that interested in checking it out - since I'm not a fan of teen flicks and, basically, I had always felt that Clark debased himself somewhat by choosing to make such films in the first place...

Now that I've had the opportunity to watch the film for myself, I found it a surprisingly tolerable if uneven comedy - and occasionally uproarious; thankfully, the teenagers here aren't as obnoxious as in other films of its ilk. It also takes care to provide mild social commentary by having its characters stand up for a put-upon member of the Jewish community.

Though some gags eventually grow repetitive or outstay their welcome, its best moments are the following: the scene with the prostitute played by Susan Clark, the numerous clashes with the obese female teacher (especially the shower scene and its aftermath in the headmaster's office) and the climactic demolition of Porky's red-neck establishment.

Lots of Laughs

Author: swamprat-6 from United States
11 November 2005

I've been told that the Porky's movies were films that portrayed Porky's Hideaway in Ft. Lauderdale in the 50's and 60's. They could have very well been. I worked part time at Porky's from 61-63 and never saw so this much excitement, but the thousands of college students that came all knew about Porky's and was the place to go back then if you had the right identification, because you were checked at the door. It opened at 8PM and closed at 4AM and always had the best entertainment in South Florida. Porky Baines was nothing like the character playing him, but these films were great for lots of laughs.I have several of the Porky films and they are great entertainment.

Jack Proctor