IMDb > Porky's (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 13 of 14: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

Contains Full Frontal Male and Female Nudity.

Author: james362001 from Lancaster, California
10 August 2002

Every once in a while I like to watch something so silly I can forget my own problems. I remember seeing Porky's in the theater twenty years ago at he age of 19. I just saw it again now at the age of 39. Porky's is still a hoot. You will laugh so hard your tummy will hurt. This film is NOT for children to see nor hear. This film contains full frontal male nudity and full frontal female nudity and sexual content. The second film is Porky's II: The Next Day (1983), followed by Porky's Revenge (1985).

The Dullest Nudie Movie I've Seen (except for "Showgirls")

Author: dcshanno from New York City
23 May 2002

I remember Andy Kent Kern (this was his name) telling me about the scene in "Porky's" in which a guy pokes his penis through a wall in a woman's shower room while we were waiting in line to go ice skating at Ellenberger Park. We were in second grade. I had a sheltered childhood and hadn't seen `Porky's,' but the idea was nevertheless hilarious to me. Why would anyone stick his penis through a hole in a wall, I wondered. I guess I've carried the memory of that initial tantalizing curiosity with me, and this is why, after 18 years, I finally rented the movie and found out what Andy Kern was talking about. It really was not worth the wait.

"Porky's" is pretty much a raunchy comedy for anyone who found "Animal House" too sophisticated. Filled with a cast made up of "Summer of '42" rejects, "Porky's" goes along as if using the word "rubber" and the occasional appearance of boobs is enough to fill an hour and 40 minute movie. Sure, it strives for a little depth by sprinkling in anti-Semitism, abusive fathers, and a revenge subplot, but it really wasn't enough to keep me interested. I actually got up to get a snack during the shower scene.

Here's the one thing that bothered me about the movie the most: Why would Pee Wee hang out with those guys? They do nothing but ridicule him and don't make a single attempt to help him attain his, um, goal until the very end of the film. Aren't there some other guys in this school?

I rented this on DVD, and, although I appreciated the widescreen format, the transfer was crap. The sequel also appears on the flip side of the disc, but I don't think I'll be watching it.

American Pie Zero

Author: stamper from The Netherlands
31 March 2002

This film reminded me a lot of American Pie, which is to say, if I had watched the films in the correct order of release, American Pie is a lot like this film. This film has a lot of gross out comedy, it goes on and on about sex, it is a bit stupid but it is pretty funny. There are only three thing that Porky's misses. The first is a moral, which both American Pie and American Pie 2 have (true love) or a grand theme (like FREEDOM and FUN in Road Trip). The second is a real cool character, like Steve ‘the Stiffmeister' Stifler in American Pie or E.L. in Road Trip (all three times beautifully performed by Sean William Scott). Third and least, Porky's misses a good script, which means, that there are times in which the film kind of falls flat and gets a bit boring, because people are trying to create a good story where there is no good story. The jokes are good though and not too gross enough (not going over that line, which Freddy got Fingered passed with terminal velocity).

6,5 out of 10

A porker of a movie

Author: Karl Self from Yurp
30 October 2008

This movie is loved by many who saw it as teenagers. I saw it somewhat later in life (last night), and, man, I hated it. This is one behemoth of a bad movie with no redeeming quality to it. Sorry, all you Porky-lovers.

The story centers loosely around a group of high school juniors and seniors who are all played by actors who are roughly ten years older. In the case of the girls, fifteen years older. Some seem to be pushing menopause. Others have brought along their children and grandchildren. One of the gang, Pee Wee, is desperate to get laid, others are peeping into the girls' shower (allowing us, the audience, to finally cop some T&A) and end up getting busted by the aptly named coach Ballbricker (geddit?), two teachers have it off and she (played by Kim Cattrall of Sex And The City, who somehow, throughout her career, consistently managed to get the part of the cute sexpot) howls like Lassie, and another plot involves some of the gang getting thrown out of a strip joint by the evil Southron Porky (hence the name of the movie) and his Southern Sheriff brother, and then taking revenge so epic and disproportional that it makes the bible's seventh son of a seventh' son rule look conciliatory. Some depth is added by addressing the weighty issues of antisemitism ("How do you know to fight so well?" -- "As a Jew, it's either that or having to eat sheet. I don't like sheet." -- "How often did you have to fight before?" -- "First time." -- "So what was that talk about the difficulty of prevailing as a Jew about?" -- "Never mind, let's get on with the movie."), violent rock'n'rolling fathers, and pig-ugly fat prude cock-blocking sports coaches with 'double-entendre' names.

I found the plot arbitrary, ambling and pointless, and the humour puerile, scatological and boorish. I felt like Jesse Jackson at a clan rallye. I didn't like the fact that men share a woman and discuss her sexual eccentricities among each other, I don't think it's good, clean, harmless fun for boys to peep into the girls' shower and stick their private parts in, or to collectively lose their virginity at a brothel or by group-banging a prostitute, or for a girl to have it off with a boy she doesn't fancy but merely at the behest of a group. I wasn't offended or anything, I was just bored.

Like I said, if you have fond memories of watching this movie in '82 in a packed house, good for you. But right now you'd need a time machine to enjoy it.

PS: I thought that the actor playing Pee-Wee, Dan Monahan, looks like the spitting image of Ally McBeal's Peter MacMillan. I had to look them up here at IMDb to find out they're not identical. PPS: The movie has three redeeming features: the Porky's neon sign, Porky's pink car, and the car's horn which makes the sound of a squealing pig. Cool!

The best sex comedy ever made

Author: Richard Travers (richard@travers18.freeserve.co.uk) from Nottingham, England
30 November 2001

Porkys was one of the very first sex comedies to hit the big screen. Many others followed it in a vain attempt to achieve the same level of originality, humour and success, but they all failed, most miserably ! More recently there has been a fairly successful revival of this genre, with the likes of American Pie (and it's sequel), and Road Trip. I still believe Porkys to be the best. The shower scene is an all time classic, preceeded by the famous "Lassie" scene, and followed by the hilarious "Penis Line-up" requested by Miss Ballbreaker ! Bob Clark is a tremendously talented writer/director, particularly when you consider his wide range of films, ranging from Horror to Comedy. Of his films that I have seen, I would particularly recommend Porkys, Turk 182, From the Hip, By Decree and Black Christmas.

Redefines the lowest common denominator

Author: bob_meg from United States
10 January 2010

You grab your camcorder, sneak into a locker room full of naked girls, start filming them, and howl hilariously the entire time, maybe even putting down the camera so you can laugh some more. Next time you get together with your friends, you show it to them, and THEY laugh hilariously also. Sure...why not? Then you ask them each for money. Suddenly the laughter stops.

Of course they're not going to pay you...you basically were just jacking around with a camera for laughs. Yet, that's exactly what Bob Clark did in 1982, and legions of high schoolers flocked to see "Porky's." Some might call this "good business"...I call it a con job. I thought so when it came out, at age 17, and I think so now.

Other than the film --- and I really hate to even call it that --- having virtually no character development, abysmal acting, onion-skin plot, and blatant hucksterism in spades, what's really offensive about it is how the "characters" react in the face of all this outright degradation...they think it's a scream. Hey, being a crass, insensitive moron is HYSTERICAL.

The late Bob Clark, while being an OK director, had some talent buried deep within him --- it flashed briefly with "A Christmas Story" and "Black Christmas" --- but when he wasn't doing movies set in December, the guy's range was shockingly limited. He obviously would do anything for a fast buck, judging by his list of credits, and it looks like that integrity extends to his family in the wake of his untimely death a few years back...

If this kind of juvenile crap turns your crank, fine. Go snap some nudie footage of your girlfriend, sister, or whoever. Just don't slap it on the retail market and try to make money off of it.

Great if your IQ is lower than your shoe size...

Author: TC Raymond from Hiding from this film
12 February 2004

I don't want to waste more time and energy than necessary on this atrocious and inexplicably popular trash, but I thought I should put my feelings on record, so that when the history of twentieth century film comedy is written, I can point to the chapter about Porky's being the highest-grossing Canadian film ever and say "Not in my name". This is the kind of film your stupid older brother or slightly retarded cousin who you're ashamed to be seen with in public would drool over. I know several people who consider it to be a classic, and they're all the kind of people you'd run through traffic to avoid. This is just mean-spirited, woman-hating, offensive junk that revels in the humiliation and degradation of its instantly unlikeable characters, then expects you to really care when bad things happen to them. You know you're in for a bad time when the characters on screen laugh more than the people in the audience. Laughter can be infectious, but if I ever found myself tittering at a piece of gutter trash like this, I'd report for psychotherapy the very next day.

horrible, embarrassing piece of filth.

Author: toddrandall8378 from Iowa
30 July 2002

I was completely embarrassed to watch this movie. I remember how all the kids in my 7th grade class snuck into the theater to see this movie. they would come back to school and talk about this movie endlessly. I finally saw it on HBO and I wondered what I missed. The humor wasn't even funny by mistake!! The characters were physically, morally, and socially unattractive. What was all the laughing about? Every scene in the movie had the characters laughing like "fat albert and the gang." Did I miss something? I guess this must have been the directors idea. Putting the laughing inside the movie in lieu of "laugh tracks" must be more realistic. Maybe the director knew that he was directing am awful movie with no humor so he has to remind the public that they paid money to laugh. With all that said, I must admit to watching it subsequent times when I have nothing better to do. I do this just to remind myself that if things ever get bad in my life, I can at least say that I had nothing to do with the making of this horrible movie.

Only funny if you have had a lobotomy....

Author: Puck-20 from Bannana Republic
22 August 2000

A movie from the very uneven Bob Clark, the director who gave us the wonderful "A Christmas Story" and the horrid "Baby Geniuses" ..."Porky's" is a sexist, juvenile, lame excuse for a comedy. I found it so non-funny...mainly because of its mean-spirited approach to humor. Give me "American Graffiti" anyday over this nonsense. I give it a ONE (1), and I'm being generous....

Grossly overrated !

Author: MyDarkStar from United States
4 March 2002

I love to laugh at movies. I go to a movie with the right attitude, open for anything. I had heard how hilarious this movie was when it came out, and went with friends to see it. I was terribly disappointed. I couldn't believe just how juvenile and ridiculous the humor was in this film.

I use the word "juvenile" here, not to describe the type of comedy as much as the amount of intelligence it probably took to write the script. I mean, there's comedy that is raunchy, but funny ("American Pie", "There's Something About Mary", "Kingpin"), and then there's brainless, unclever, and predictable "Porky's".

In the theater I clearly remember watching the film and chuckling and laughing here and there...but not nearly as much as the characters on the screen were laughing. The same stood for everyone in the audience. The one scene that I always remember for this is the scene in the Principal's office with the two male gym teachers laughing in an uncontrollable frenzy. When the people who are laughing the most in the theater are on the screen, then something is wrong with the film.

Oh yha, they have naked women in the showers - ooooh.

Page 13 of 14: [Prev][8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]