IMDb > Porky's (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Porky's

Porky's More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 16: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]

''Hello,is a Mike Hunt there ?''

Author: Adam Morrison (dvd53@hotmail.com) from Bathurst, New Brunswick
2 July 1999

Outrageous sex comedy is overly hilarious to watch.This an ADULTS only comedy.

Rating:**** (out of five)

Not modern? Give me a break

Author: Bats_Breath from Phoenix, AZ
9 August 2001

One commentator named Jerry said American Pie was "more modern" and teen movies came a long way since Porky's. How so? I'm assuming Jerry is or at the very least was a teenager 2 years ago in '99 and thus is biased towards American Pie. Fair Enough. I was 23 when American Pie came out 2 years ago and I thought it sucked. I suppose if I was a teenager my opinion would have been different. Granted, Porky's was a bit before my time as well. I was only 5 years old when Porkys came out. Its not like I was a teenager back then and I hold some heavy bias towards Porky's. But Porky's is just as raunchy and I dare say even more raunchy than American Pie. Its a common misbelief to think that as time goes by, things get more raunchy and racy. What they didn't have sex and raunchiness in 1981? They had it all in the first century A.D. Jerry. Now I had some similar beliefs around 1994, 1995 when I was in my teen years. Every teenager thinks their generation is the coolest and most "hip" and "raunchy", then another bratty generation comes along and thinks they are better. When in reality, teenagers NEVER change.

eh.....

Author: Mike (rkoegel@earthlink.net) from Selbyside - St. Paul, MN USA
19 May 1999

I rented the movie expecting to see something I haven't seen before. I mean, it's considered to be the raunchiest teen movie of the 80's, which it is, and it is original, but some of the scenes are so mean and inconsiderate that it really tainted the film's enjoyment. I would say it is the least satisfying of it's genre, however if you want some good laughs and have nothing to do, see the movie. 3 stars out of *****

Don't waste your time

Author: dreynolds1727
28 May 2003

On my deathbed, I will lament the loss of the two hours this piece of crap stole from me. Because I heard so many good things about it, I continued to watch, waiting for something funny to happen.

Very misogynistic and mean-spirited, this movie has few redeeming qualities. Many reviewers compare this movie to movies like 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' and 'American Pie'. However, those movies were actually funny and were well-acted. If you like this genre of movie, watch those instead.

Hilariously, raunchy comedy. This is where it starts...

Author: (billybrown41@hotmail.com) from Kimberling City, MO.
31 January 2002

I'm quite sure that if it hadn't been for this movie, there never would have been an American Pie or an American Pie 2.

"Porky's" takes us back to the good ole days when sex was EVERYTHING to a teenage boy. That's right, some may beg to differ by saying "what's changed? it's still everything." In some ways they would be right, but this was back in a day before drugs had really taken off and the only ones smoking pot on a regular basis were jazz musicians.

The story centers on a high school virgin (PeeWee) and his buddies, their quest to get laid, and all of the hijinks and pranks that ensue. Speaking of pranks, this has some of the BEST pranks ever put on film PERIOD. This fun-loving group tries EVERYTHING in their power to get laid. When one of them suggests that they take the 70 mile journey, down to the swamps, to a legendary red-neck dive called "Porky's", the group happily pile in their cars and take the trip. When the evil proprietor, Porky himself, takes their money and humiliates the guys, it's revenge time.

The movie moves along at a nice leisurely pace, but things are NEVER boring. There is always something going on that will have you in stitches. Whether the boys are watching the girls through a peep-hole in the shower, or Pee Wee is going on and on like he's NOT a virgin, you will be cracking up. I really don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it, but I will say that this one will find a place in your collection. I wouldn't reccomend the sequels quite as enthusiastically, but they do have their moments. If you loved Pie or Pie 2, this is your movie. That's all I gotta say about that.

Ah, this should make the heart stir

Author: LJStephens1980 (stephens.lucas90@yahoo.com) from Australia
18 November 2001

Porkys, is without doubt one of the most funniest comedies ever.

Bob Clarke, my opinion has created, a timeless masterpiece, that certainly has more to offer, than the Americian pie garbage.

Dan Monahan, Wyatt Knight, Scott Colomby, Nancy Parsons, Tony Ganios, Roger Wilson, Mark Herrier, and Chuck Mitchell are simply brilliant, in this comedy of extremes.

Certainly not for little kids, but a definatly for the adults, this is one smart piece of work.

10/10: If you haven't seen this, GO AND GET IT, you won't be disappointed.

So much Funnier tha American pie

Author: filmbuff69007 (filmbuff69007@aol.com)
26 August 2001

Now this movie hasnt dated at all.its still very funny much better than a guy who makes out with a pie.theres nudity of both sexes.not the tame stuff you get nowadays where the cast show reluctance to show anything.the film has many classic scenes and its story has a plot.unlike pie.

the second best in the series

Author: steve layne
21 April 1999

porky's is a funny and entertaining movie. it's kind of a sex comedy, but has a little more heart than your average sex comedy. but that doesn't mean it's better. screwballs in my opinion is the best sex comedy of all time. but porky's is good too. i give porky's *** out of ****

The best teen sex comedy ever!

Author: Christopher Smith
15 July 2005

Spawned from the success of ANIMAL HOUSE, PORKY'S was released in 1982 and quickly became a box office success. Now 23 years after its release, PORKY'S remains the best movie in the teen sexy comedy genre ever. Period. There is no denyting it. It started a trend that is still popular to this day. Its influence can be seen in basically every teen sex comedy that has come out since its release in 1982. Even today, PORKY'S remains one of the funniest movies ever made. Everything about this movie is great. The characters are lovable, the dialogue is well written, the dramatic scenes work perfectly, and the film captures teenage like few films have been able to. Despite its excellence and cult status, Fox has yet to give it a decent DVD release. The DVD that is currently out right now is a bare-bones release with the only special feature on the disc being the theatrical trailer. There is hope however. Fox just released the hilarious FREAKED on DVD so obviously they are paying some attention to their cult films. I can't think of a greater movie that deserves a special edition DVD. In my mind, PORKY'S truly is one of the best pictures ever made. There is nothing else like it. It is one of a kind.

Juvenile, puerile and dammit just not very funny

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
5 October 2002

A group of young men are in high school and, as always, are interested in only one thing. They go to Porky's night-club to get laid but Porky makes fools of them, takes their money and throws them out. The boys go on with their antics but keep revenge on Porky at the back of their minds.

I enjoyed American Pie and Something about Mary even though I thought they were stupid and tasteless, why? Simply because they were funny. So when I eventually go round to seeing this film I assumed that I'd feel the same way. Plot barely matters here but it's worth noting that the plot of `revenge on Porky' is tagged onto the start and the end. In between are tonnes of stupid antics round school. This isn't a problem because who cares about the plot in these things yeah? What matters is that it's funny. And that's the problem for me.

It isn't very funny. It has it's moments, Balbricker demanding a penis line-up is one but that's about it. The rest is so dumb and puerile that it isn't funny. The antics are tired but they are very basic and show no real planning or humour. It may be partly the fact that it almost 20 years old but still, I found it to be one of the most basic teen comedies I can remember seeing.

I any of the cast went onto be stars then I certainly have never seen them. Only Cattrall was one I knew now. She plays a horny woman who screams like a wolf during sex – the best thing about her performance was that I was amazed that she'd been typecast for about 20 years! The rest of the cast are very average and we have the usual bunch of jocks, nerds etc having fun and learning to stand up to adult injustice etc. It's not very inspiring at all.

Overall I'm not a big fan of this type of teen comedy but I do find them funny on the whole. Sadly this isn't very funny. It has a couple of funny scenes or moments but really the rest is pretty thin on laughs. There was plenty of stuff I knew should be funny but I just didn't laugh. The Porky's stuff is mainly at the start and end and in-between feels like a run of gags that aren't joined together by anything. Like I said- juvenile, puerile and just not that funny.

Page 12 of 16: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [Next]