IMDb > Hotline (1982) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hotline (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Above average made -for tv film with good suspense

Author: nutty227 from USA
17 June 2001

Hotline is a pretty good made-for television movie,that,if given a chance,can keep you on edge for the duration.I saw it when it came on the tube for the very 1st time.Lynda Carter does a fine job as the lead role, playing a character named Brianne O'Neill who takes a job at a hotline crisis center.Soon she receives calls from a man using bizarre, macabre nursery rhymes and calling himself "The Barber".He describes his murderous activities and inclinations over the phone, and the suspense builds as the killer closes in on O'Neill, all the while repeatedly reporting his deeds to her over the phone.This is an obscure film that's worthy of some attention,-rarely does it come on television.

Lynda Carter after WONDER WOMAN

Author: thomandybish from Weaverville, NC
28 April 2001

TV thriller concerns Lynda Carter hot on the trail of a killer who communicates with her via telephone about his heinous deeds. It's a race against time as the body count rises and the killer comes closer and closer to making Lynda his next victim! Okay suspense, but the prime attraction is of course Ms. Carter, who made a slew of TV flicks after WONDER WOMAN was cancelled and looked good, even if you didn't buy her as a detective or social worker or whatever she was playing in any particular film.

Steve Forrest's in it, and that's good enough for me (g)

Author: Claire from Kent, England
8 March 2006

Seriously though, this isn't a bad movie. OK, so it's formulaic of it's time and you can pretty much guess where it's going and who the killer is, and who the killer is not! Lynda Carter is good as the heroine of the piece and doesn't do a bad job. Steve Forrest's character is such a lonely soul in it that he can literally break your heart with a tone of voice and a look - he is such an under-rated actor, he's just brilliant, and I'm slowly going broke collecting all his movies; especially rarities like this one!

Also, a surprise to see fellow Brit Julian Fellowes as a store owner called Leo (with hair) - that was a hoot.

All in all, not a bad film as I said earlier, I'm guessing at the time it was made in 1982 it would have been suspenseful but by today's standards it's pretty tame but great to watch on a dark rainy night - make sure your doors are all locked though (just in case).

Excellent, Scary, Brilliant!!!

Author: Ernie Tetreault (etetreault@wa.gaggle.net) from Woodstock Ct
4 January 2002

This is perhaps Lynda Carter's scariest movie in her long sucession of thrillers. I bought this on video and it is now considered vintage. I don't believe you can purchase it anymore. I have been in love with Lynda Carter since I first saw her crowned as Miss America back in 1973. I simply watched this one on Halloween night back in 82 because she starred in it. To my surprize, Lynda was finally given a good script. Up until then her she had been given lousy movies to work with. The only consolation to some of her earlier films was that she was always brilliant eye candy and still is even now. If anyone is given the opportunity to see Hotline I suggest you watch this one. It is perhaps the most terriying made for tv movie ever. Too bad Lynda is not really Wonder Woman for this film!!! You'll love the diabolical finale!!!

Barber, Barber, Shave A Pig!

Author: supersalsantos from London
14 July 2003

Wonder Woman Lynda Carter swaps her hotpants for a hotline in this unintentionally hilarious made-for-TV hokum about a Samaritans style crisis helpline gal attracting the unwanted attentions of the fabulously monickered serial killer, The Barber (so-called because of his penchant for hacking off his victims locks), who delights in feeding her cryptic nursery rhyme style riddles when planning his next murder. Predictably, the too-clever-by-half loon makes the mistake of targeting Ms Carter as that next corpse-to-be and the result is seldom in doubt thereafter.