IMDb > Chasing Dreams (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Chasing Dreams More at IMDbPro »

Uh, this is not Field of Dreams!

Author: mcbrewster
18 May 2002

I remember my poor mom rented this for us right after Field of Dreams came out. Who could blame her, Kevin Costner is featured right on the cover! I seem to recall the plot revolved around some idiot getting hit in the head with a baseball and entering a walking coma or something. Kevin Costner drove a truck and had about 5 minutes of dialogue. A truly awful movie and my first experience with fraudulent video promotion. For that, I'll probably remember it forever - congratulations to the filmmakers!

So bad it's funny

Author: kirk-44 from Canada
5 June 2003

This is the worst movie ever. The star's mother is a producer I think and it looks like his summer job was to make this film when he was about 21. As bad as they get. It is so funny it has great dialogue like "Thanks for the beer!" Trust me it is a must see you'll laugh at every aspect of it.

Warning! "This is not Field of Dreams!"

Author: soonerhokie (gfoulks2@hotmail.com) from Middletown, NJ
26 June 2002

People see this movie for a lark. I watched it to the end simply because it was so bad. Kevin Costner is pasted all over the cover of the box, but he is in it for about 2 minutes.I will forever call this movie the worst of all time. The only reason that this movie has such a high rating (3.7) is that some think they are voting for Field of Dreams, which this is definitely not. If any of you have a "worst movie ever" VCR challenge, bring this movie. You will win in a landslide.

Bar-none, the worst movie I've ever seen.

Author: jwroland from Birmingham, AL
13 February 2003

I really have nothing to add other than this is the worst movie I have ever seen. They fool you into thinking Kevin Costner is in the movie when he's really only in the first minute and then heads off to "Medical School." Man, was this a waste of my life.

Ben was a weakling

Author: flyusmc-1 from United States
8 August 2008

I watch this movie every year on Christmas Day. It is great to sit around and make fun of each and every last one of the idiot characters! I especially like when Ben dies. What a riot! "Gavin, sit down." "What's wrong?" "It's Ben." "Ben?" "Ben died this morning'." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! HE WAS WEAK AND DESERVED TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!All in all, a great film that I recommend, not just during the holidays, but all year long! As for Kevin Costner, I have a friend that dated one of his daughters in college at Brown. He denies ever being part of such a film! I do, however, have an autographed version of the video cover. Signed by "The Star" himself!

Genius

Author: thermosir from United Kingdom
11 March 2005

Rarely does a film emerge which displays this level of ineptitude allied to a deep commitment to The Happy Ending.

Quite how the lead (Gavin) was cast will always remain a mystery to me. Abysmal acting allied to a huge honker, Gavin is one of the great romantic leads in the movie canon. And the moment at which Pam pronounces her undying love for Gavin has to be seen to be believed.

Add a kid in a wheelchair, the disgruntled coach and a character called Gaylord, and you have a film that gives Python, Naked Gun, Balzing Saddles and the Marx brothers a run for it's money.

A joy from start to finish.