IMDb > Blue Angels in Razor Sharp (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Blue Angels in Razor Sharp More at IMDbPro »

Some photos of Joanna Cameron with the Blue Angels

Author: lancelotdare from United States
17 September 2008

Looking through the credits on this title I found some great pictures of Joanna Cameron shot during the production of Razor Sharp. Just "enter" Grant D Conroy the Executive Consultant on the documentary's credits. She was not only talented but very beautiful to look at as well. Also the very well known Dick Schram's (public affairs SECNAV) narrative is special indeed. Coincidentally his "fighter pilot's handle" was SHAZAM I'm told. The "ready Room" sequence aboard USS America and the final scene with the music in the background with a camera shot of the aircraft carrier from the air touched me deeply. It appears many cameras and several locations were used during the production.

Navy Log:

Author: grant-190
4 July 2006

I was in attendance at a gathering of Medal of Honor winners in Honolulu where Vice Admiral James Bond Stockdale was the featured speaker. He was at the time the highest decorated individual in the US Navy. Most know also that he had been the longest held and was the senior ranking POW of the Vietnam War. His speech that day was on the topics of Leadership, Example and Excellence. I was impressed to see that he gave the introduction to this documentary. This program throughout exemplifies the qualities of the Naval Aviator as shown in the coverage of the air shows and personal closeup look at the Blue Angels themselves. The A-4 Skyhawk coverage is fabulous with quick maneuvering tight formation shots and a sterling sound track. This production will please old and young alike. I like many others wonder at operations aboard Aircraft Carriers. The heart of the carrier is it's planes and pilots and the sequence filmed in the "ready room" on board the USS America hosted by the Carrier Air-group CO was especially cool. I recognized "CAG"as Ronald "ZAP" Zlatoper who later became Commander in Chief in the Pacific. An inspiring and motivating program indeed.

Excellent

Author: lance-164 from United States
30 May 2006

The great thing about documentary films are their reality. It is the real thing. This classic documentary on the Blue Angels while flying the A-4 "skyhawk" is exciting indeed. The up close and personal camera work is fantastic. The film captures the precision of the flying perfectly, very special stuff indeed.

The Blue Leader went on to command the USS JOHN F. KENNEDY aircraft carrier and later became an Admiral. Narrated by an ex-Blue Angel Cmdr. Dick Schram the viewers see the Blue Angel experience through the pilots eyes in detail. Superbly photographed. Super soundtrack! Thumbs up on this one.

The Documentary is great. Best close-ups of the pilots I've ever seen in other documentaries.

Author: katychilkott from United States
23 August 2009

I liked the camera work. Fantastic is all I can say. One thing I must say.Several more documentaries have been filmed since the Blue Angels flew the A-4 Skyhawk,so this is absolutely the best documentary in my opinion featuring the Navy's main Carrier aircraft in the Vietnam Conflict. I understand it was a favorite of many pilots. A comment I'd like to make also is that I liked the musical sound track and also the narrative which was very informative. I didn't realize on board ship with all the planes on deck there is a lot of noise. The use of hand and arm signals to communicate really showed the synergistic relationship between deck crews and pilots. Very cool!