IMDb > Annie (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Annie

Annie More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]

One of my all time favorites

Author: Brutalfan from USA
21 May 2002

Aileen Quinn as Annie has everyone beat. With that darling face, that beautiful voice, she did a fabulous job creating the character. Albert Finney as Daddy Warbucks was wonderful! He had that stern 'businesslike' attitude which grew into heartfelt love for this little red-headed orphan girl. Carol Burnett was awesome as the lady who ran the orphanage. She started out gruff and tumble (and drunk) but as it turns out, she really has a love for these orphans.

There is NO comparison to the newest version. I can't see anyone else playing these parts better than Quinn, Burnett and Finney. It just isn't the same. If you want a beautiful musical with fun loving attributes, please see this movie!!! Your children will love you for it.

Highly Recommended

Great Movie

Author: Stephsayss from United States
18 August 2006

How can you not love this movie? It has wonderful, catchy songs, it's a clean movie, a great storyline, and wonderful actors and actresses! What more could you ask for?! It's better than most movies today because it actually has a moral and a plot. It's a great family movie. It's one of my favorite movies, next to The Sound of Music. Anybody who doesn't watch this movie is seriously missing out. I'm sure you will like it. It's a lot better than the Disney remake. Sometimes the original, older movies are better than the remakes. And this movie is one of them! If you like musicals, or just want to watch a family movie, this is one that you really should watch.

Really great, and I'm a cold-heart film cynic

Author: thehotttrock from oregon
23 May 2004

I loved this film as a child and will always hold fond nostalgia for it. You definitely have to watch this from the point of view as a child (with so many "family" films out today, I know this might be hard, when their goal has been to entertain everyone). I loved all the performances in it from Albert Finney to Carol Burnett and Tim Curry. My most favorite Huston film is The Misfits, but don't expect that from this film, which I think alot of people are doing. As most directors age, they tend to get "soft" in their filmmaking as their hunger is replaced with complacency, but this film isn't as bad as some people describe it. It's a musical, it was made in the 80's, and it's primarily for kids. Compared to other movies made in that time period, this one is actually quite good. And although I've only seen parts of the newer one made by Disney, this one seems alot more mature and crafted, and not so candy-coated.

The best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: Bob-785 from Darlington, England
20 May 2001

!!!Spoilers!!!

The very first time I watched this film, I was hooked. God only knows how many times I have seen it since. And every time I have cried at the bit where Rooster, Lily and Miss Hannigan kidnap her from Daddy Warbucks.

Carol Burnett, Tim Curry and Albert Finney are all excellent. As is Aileen Quinn as little orphan Annie. In fact the entire cast are brilliant. Annie is by far one of the best films I have ever seen. One of my favourite parts is the bit where they come in from the movies and Grace and Daddy Warbucks put Annie to bed while she's sleeping. And another fave is when all the kids from the orphanage go looking for Daddy Warbucks' house because they know what Rooster, Lily and Miss Hannigan are up to. Absolute brilliance. One thing I have to say is never, never, never, never watch the sequel. It is complete rubbish!!

Fabulous movie

Author: tylerzgirl13 from United States
25 February 2005

I thought that this movie was a real spirit-lifter. It is a movie that I hope everyone who watches it has a change of attitude towards orphans and homeless children and adults. Sometimes I find myself turning my back on homeless people. Although I am ashamed to admit it, I do hope that others will look beyond money and appearance and see what really matters. This movie, once again, was wonderful. I hope that you keep up all of the good work and keep producing and directing movies such as this one. Enjoy all of your comments and all of your hard earned credit that you are receiving and take the time to really preview all of your scripts and watch the movie several times to praise all of your good work. Thank you very much and I will be watching the movies that you produce no matter how long, or short, they might be.

I still love it!

Author: Snoopy1 from Watertown, MA
5 January 2003

I just recently watched this movie, for the first time in my adult life. It's even better as an adult, because you catch all of these little things like, "Mr. Warbucks, you're really handsome, for a Republican." Some people bash it for being different than the Broadway show, but so what, they did a good job. It's a fun movie for people of all ages. It's hilarious, musical, and touching.

Wonderfull

Author: moccaprincess01 from Amherst New York, USA
1 April 2004

Annie, is a wonderful story about a 10 year old girl in the depression Area of our Nation's history. Her one dream is to find the parents who left her on the doorstep of the orphanage and have a family. The orphans that play her friends are wonderful. As the movie goes on she is choosen to live with the billionare Oliver Warbucks for a week as a publicity tactic. Well, she grew on him and he sent out a search for her parents and couldn't find them because none of them knew about the broken locket that Annie had around her neck. It is a wondreful hartwarming story with great music and great acting it is a must to see if you have not already and if you have it is wonderful to see it agian and again.

An all time favourite

Author: toni-cooke18 from United Kingdom
28 February 2014

I cannot count how many times I have watched this film. As a child I would watch it almost daily and as an adult I watch it whenever it comes on the television. That was until my daughter came along and discovered the beauty that is Annie... so we have watched it time and time together, so much so I had to buy a new DVD copy as we wore ours out!

Regardless of this being an old film, it does not disappoint, it can be enjoyed by all ages and it will be timeless.

These days the story brings me to tears.

The music and the songs are fantastic, as are the child actors. The singing, the dancing, the story line have the ability to stir up so many different emotions.

And as Daddy Warbucks can vouch, Annie has the ability to win over even the most unavailable hearts.

As a viewer you will not be disappointed with this film, if you haven't already, watch it.

Annie is wonderful

Author: (amberismybaby@yahoo.com) from United States
6 June 2005

I grew up watching Annie and I must say the best song in all of it is little girls. As a mother of 5 girls I wonder why lol. One poster said he hated carol Burnetts part as Mrs Hannigan worst of all. I happen to love her's best of all she made the movie. All of my girls love Annie but this version only they don't care for the remakes. Annie is a classic movie that I am honored to share with my girls today! I have never loved a movie as much as this one. I went through 4 VHS tapes and now own the DVD of Annie. It has stood the test of time. I will not be surprised to see it last another 20 years. I do agree with the omission of Tomorrow it should have been a main part of the show. Albert Finney was great as Daddy Warbucks. I wonder what Grace Farrell is doing now. I tried looking for info on the kids especially Molly I thought she was adorable it seems like the kids aren't acting anymore. Aileen Quinn was the best choice for Annie in my opinion.

annie

Author: lisamorris-id from United Kingdom
4 March 2014

I have chosen Annie because I like all the song of Annie. I like all characters in Annie and the dog. I know the songs and they are my favourite and I have seen it on the TV. At the beginning they live in an orphanage and Annie is awake and the other girls are asleep. Annie sings thought the film. She gets picked up by Grace in a car to take her to a mansion, Annie loves it she thinks she's a cleaner but she is a guest. Mr Warbucks wants a boy but he is happy with Annie. He decides to adopt her she wants to find her mam and dad. They can't find her real mam are dad so Mr Warbucks takes her away. I don't have any favourite songs because I like them all. The end bit is my favourite because Grace and Mr Warbucks fall in love and adopt Annie and give her a new locket. I like the fireworks in the sky when Annie's name comes up.

Page 1 of 12:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [Next]