IMDb > "Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends" (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board
Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Excellent Series-- Best action cartoon of the 1980's!!

Author: C. Sean Currie (hypestyle) from detroit, MI
29 May 2000

This is my personal favorite TV show of all time-- and my favorite action cartoon of the 1980's.. I still remember the great fun I had watching new adventure of Spider-man with the "new" heroes Iceman and Firestar (the latter of course, being totally new). It introduced me to X-Men and other aspects of the Marvel Universe. It had great writing and funny, witty exchanges between all three characters. For whatever reason, nowadays certain people look down on it-- usually because of the animation quality-- Most of it wasn't groundbreaking, but it wasn't "Rocky & Bullwinkle" either... Overall, it was very satisfying for me. I wish I could get the show on a DVD boxed set. I even emailed Disney/Buena Vista, who currently own the video rights. They sent me a nice disclaimer/rejection letter, along with my original missive..

Team ups are good but...

Author: Op_Prime from Ardmore, PA
18 April 2000

Spider-Man was a loner and always has been. It's fun to see one favorite character to team up with another favorite character but this went a little out of hand. This series had Spider-Man, Iceman and Firestar (a character who did not exist in comics when this came around I believe) in an alliance against evil. Their alter egos also lived together in Aunt May's house. Really. I felt this show was not true in any way to Spider-Man unlike the other shows. It provides some enjoyment but not as much as the others.

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]