IMDb > "Nature" (1982) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Nature" More at IMDbPro »

Outstanding television

Author: jjwhalen from San Diego CA
17 November 2008

This is one of the most honored series ever on U.S. television. It lost its way for awhile after creator George Page left in 1998 due to a serious illness, but it's back now. Even though there are fewer programs per season (probably due to spiraling production costs), the reruns are so good you don't mind. 'Nature' is the main reason I've contributed to public television stations for nearly thirty years.

According to the official 'Nature' website at pbs.org, "The series has won more than 450 honors from the television industry, the international wildlife film community, parent groups, and environmental organizations - including 10 Emmy Awards, three Peabody Awards, and the first honor ever given to a program by the Sierra Club."

Deep Jungle is fascinating!!!

Author: chrysalis2005 from United States
1 May 2005

The episodes "Deep Jungle" (at least 2 episodes of the same title--I'm going to watch the 2nd episode tonight). This is a fascinating & incredibly interesting documentary! Bit of a spoiler: I love seeing all the wonderful species I've never heard of...a chicken-eating spider! Wow! And I have arachnophobia! LOL Glad I don't live in Brazil! Or in South America! Whew. But it's all so incredibly interesting & David Watts is both interesting & funny in this! An unexpected bonus. :) If you haven't seen this, you're missing a great show! If you want to know more about the "deep jungle" you'll love this! :) So much fascinating information about the Amazon area...& to know that there are still SO MANY species that haven't been found...wow! This is far, very far, from a boring documentary...it's funny, interesting, educational...all the things that make this a great show...for students as well as teachers...for everyone! If you love to learn, you'll love this show! After seeing last week's episode, I could barely wait for this week's. :) Can you tell I love learning & nature? :) An excellent show! If I could vote on this (I wish I could) I would rate it a 10!

Ewan's Adventure to Canada's North is a hilarious yet interesting look at the dangers of migrating Polar Bears

Author: Liz (lizzy_222) from Ontario, Canada
24 March 2003

NATURE's "The Polar Bears of Churchill with Ewan McGregor" finds the actor in a remote Canadian outpost on Hudson Bay, where he investigates the annual invasion of hungry polar bears that threaten to raise havoc in their haste to get out on the newly frozen ice and hunt for seals.

The documentary features Ewan in some sticky situations with up close encounters.

A very good documentary and lots of Ewan viewing time!

Worth the 19.95 to buy it!