IMDb > Nobody's Perfekt (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Nobody's Perfekt More at IMDbPro »

Very funny movie

Author: Bud Gott from Delaware, United States
3 September 2006

Okay, it's far from fantastic and it's very unlikely that most people will ever see this movie, but for me it's one of my favorite silly movies from the 1980s.

Kaplan, Karras, and Klein were all hilarious in this - especially Kaplan. I was a WELCOME BACK, KOTTER fan and I enjoyed him in that, but I think this movie was a far better showcase of what he could deliver as a comedic actor.

I showed this movie to a friend recently and throughout it he kept saying how dumb it was, yet he was laughing a lot as he watched it. Yes, parts of it are "dumb" or downright silly, but this movie is a LOT of fun to watch.

Bud Gott

A Terrific Side-splitting Comedy

Author: Patrick Wells from Kaiserslautern, Germany
2 June 1999

Three guys in therapy, each with a different mental disorder, have their car ruined when they drive into a pot"HOLE". They feel the city should buy them a new car, since it was the city's pothole that ruined their car, and they won't take no for an answer. They devise a plan to steal a mortar cannon, get it aboard a boat and threaten to blow a hole in the mayor's house if he doesn't buy them a new car. Klein is absolutely fabulous as a schizophrenic with personalities ranging from an elegant actress to a mob boss named Rocky.

Kaplan would never hear "WELCOME BACK" (in Hollywood) again!!!

Author: Japanese_Cowboy (sjdusk@aol.com) from sparrow, arizona
27 September 2004

this is an awful movie. one of the worst, unfunniest comedies i have ever, ever seen. concerns three friends, all mental patients. one has an extremely bad memory; one has a ghost for a mother that only he can see; one has a split personality, neither of them funny. Gabe Kaplan, famous for the (now quite dated and unfunny) hit series WELCOME BACK KOTTER, is the PET ROCK of comedy. he is a likable enough guy but tries too hard to seem as if he's not trying at all, and thinks he's so darn cute. Gabe plays the guy with the bad memory; as a viewer, you'll wish you had his same ailment when the credits role. Alex Karras has the ghost mother. he is likable enough too, but unfunny; he has nothing to go on here. and last, AND least, the unfunniest comedic actor of all time (although I guess he's an okay standup, but his acting is horrid) Robert Klein, who is so uninteresting you almost want to turn off your television when he appears. Robert, unlike the other two, Isn't likable. he's got a split personality, one a stuffy woman, the other a tough gangster. awful meets awful. and Susan Clark, Karras' real life wife, plays Gabe Kaplan's wife, and is as boring as the rest of the cast. this movie is plain bad; it's directed by Bob Newhart's dentist friend Peter Bonerz who has a lame cameo for no apparent reason at all; one wonders how this film was ever made in the first place.