Heavy Metal (1981)
- Soft Landing: A 1959 fiberglass-bodied Chevy Corvette is deployed from a space shuttle, lands on Earth, and drives up to a house.
- Grimaldi: The astronaut goes into the house and shows his daughter what he found. When he opens his case, a green glowing orb rises out and melts him.
- Harry Canyon: A 21st-century New York taxicab driver gets caught between a covetous gangster, the beautiful daughter of an archaeologist, and a green gem called the Loc-Nar.
- Den: A nerdish teenager's consciousness is translated through space and time to another world into the body of a muscular warrior named DEN.
- Captain Sternn: A square-jawed antihero is on trial for numerous serious charges and only his character witness can save him.
- [Neverwhere Land]: Cut segment about how the Loc-Nar guided the evolution of life on Earth through violence and anger.
- B-17: The remaining crew of a damaged B-17 bomber must survive the machinations of the Loc-Nar.
- So Beautiful, So Dangerous: An Earthwoman is accidentally taken onboard a starship when it tries to retrieve its android.
- Taarna: The Loc-Nar is corrupting an army of followers and will overwhelm the world with its cold, murderous violence. The last scion of a warrior race, seeking to avenge the deaths of the people she was sworn to protect, is the only thing in its way.
The Grimaldi segment is the link device that ties this movie together. The Loc-Nar features in some way in the six stories that follow. It narrates to the captive girl tales about its great power before it begins to devour her.