The Girl, the Gold Watch & Dynamite (TV) More at IMDbPro »

regarding the previous user's comment

Author: hadmatter from Chicago
2 January 2006

Just wanted to point out that the previous poster (who mentioned Robert Hays and Pam Dawber) was actually referring to the movie "The Girl, The Gold Watch, And Everything". This movie ("...And Dynamite") is the sequel to the Pam Dawber movie (she isn't in this one). While the original TV movie is better, they're both enjoyable pieces of adolescent fluff, particularly for those of us who grew up in the late seventies and early eighties. I was lucky enough to see them both in their first broadcasts, but sadly I could never find the first one again. It seemed like they ran "...And Dynamite" all the time (probably because of Morgan Fairchild). But not the first one.

Disappointing sequel

Author: Gregorso from United States
18 August 2009

This sequel to the great "The Girl, the Gold Watch & Everything" is such a let down. The first TV movie had charming performances from Robert Hayes, Pam Dawber, and Jill Ireland. Sorry to say that, aside from Morgan Fairchild (who appeared of "Mork & Mindy" with Dawber), the cast of the sequel is very poor. I guess Dawber's and Hayes' starring roles on the sit-coms "Mork & Mindy" and "Angie" made them unavailable or too expensive for the sequel.

Perhaps it was the sloppy script that was the problem. The way Kirby rescues his friends from the barn doesn't make sense. The watch allows him to stop time but doesn't give him super strength. And then one of his friends assumes that Kirby just moved really fast? The first time this aired on TV I recommended it to my friend, because I thought it would be as good as the first one, which he hadn't seen. I was very embarrassed.

This film was great fun

Author: Rob Lerman from United States
19 January 2008

This movie was filmed around the greater Sacramento, CA USA area.

I was able to go watch a lot of the filming of this film, plus I was a Extra in the one scene watching the Solid Gold dancers at the Ride Hotel in the Delta area.

The actors and actresses came up while we all were having lunch, it was a lot of fun with them all! I hope this one comes to DVD, I recorded it on VHS so many years ago.

Gary Lockwood was fun, we were even watching a basketball game while he was waiting for his part in Folsom (at the Police station).

I enjoyed seeing how they filmed this movie, even how many takes it took to do even one scene.