IMDb > "Entertainment Tonight" (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Entertainment Tonight"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Entertainment Tonight" More at IMDbPro »

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]

Whats the world coming to?

Author: elly-redhot
6 January 2014

I am so sorry to have to say this as I did watch your show for some time mainly because nothing else was on at the time. All I hear now is about sex and are you having sex or jokes about sex! What is it all about? this is disrespectful to the public and our children. Its shows poor taste and yes I too believe that your show should be taken off the air. It has no values. Its a disgrace to the name in broadcasting. Please have the writers and producers of this show to refrain from reporting disrespectful content and wording. It is not a good thing for young adults to see and I for one do not wish to view this kind or reporting as it is very disturbing and causes much anxiety. Once again, I appeal to your sense of justice and morals to either rewrite the material and not show disturbing pictures that do not pertain to the Hollywood scene or simply take the show off the air. This is my opinion. Thank you for your time. A Midwest former viewer

Good show!

Author: Movie Nuttball from U.S.A.
22 August 2005

I think that this is a great show for all kinds of Entertaining information including the current movie news stories, interviews with actors and actresses, gossip about new things between Hollywood couples and more. They have celebrity guests and the people that are in the news as guests so they can tell their stories on the show. During the week the show is hosted by Mary Hart, Mark Steins, Jan Carl, Vanessa Minnillo, Steven Cojocaru, Leornard Maltin, Carlos Ponce, Paula Abdul, and Kevin Frazier! All of these hosts in My opinion are very talented. What I like about the show is that the hosts go into many details in the news and such. So if you are watching television during the week and want to watch the Hollywood and celebrity news in detail then I suggest that you watch Entertainment Tonight today!

TOO MANY British ACTORS!!!

Author: stevonmfl from United States
7 March 2014

What is happening in Hollywierd? Every other show stars British actors…WHY? Is this still America or do we need another Revolutionary War to win our freedom from Brits? And why don't you have more real Americans including beautiful people of color and culture? It seems Hollywood and their sponsors are trying to whitewash American thoughts, beliefs and mores to become all-white beginning and ending with media brainwashing of children. I am disgusted at what I see as racism, discrimination and exclusiveness and exclusion of entire groups masquerading as entertainment. The media sends out bullets and bombs that explode on the inside of a child's psyche and attacking people of color's self perception and perception of his and her place in the world. What media and Entertainment Tonight are doing is nothing less than Nazi style racism.

STILL THE BEST!!!!

Author: jballen from Fairbanks, AK
6 May 2001

20 years later, Entertainment Tonight remains THE #1 source for entertainment news and features--even if we have major competition with "E! News Daily" (which I also like) and "Access Hollywood"! And it has joined the ranks of "Wheel of Fortune", "Jeopardy!", and now "Judge Judy" to become one of the most popular and successful syndicated shows ever, seen around the world in countless countries.

I've been a longtime viewer of ET since the mid-'80s and every year, the show has been getting better and better with their "Cover Stories", one-on-one celebrity interviews from Julie Moran and Jann Carl, the "ET Insider", and of course, their wall-to-wall coverage of the Emmys, Golden Globes, Grammys, and Oscars. And Mary Hart may be reaching her 50's, but she is still a stunner.

You may call it "tabloidy", you may call it "too gossipy", but "Entertainment Tonight" is still the best entertainment news and information show there is, was, and ever will be!

First Entertainment Show and Probably the Best!!!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
10 September 2007

Okay, Entertainment Tonight may have lost it's way with the whole Anna Nicole Smith baby, Dannielynn Birkhead, and about her life. But for most part, Entertainment tonight was a classic must-see television experience for those of us who study entertainment and those of us who wanted to be part of the business. Sadly, it's not for everybody because I never got to Hollywood or New York City for that matter to work as an actress. I'm a terrible actress but that's okay. Entertainment Tonight has been a Hollywood mainstay but I think over the years that the show has deteriorated because the audiences prefer listening and watching celebrities like Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears. The celebrity class has definitely gone downhill since the millennium. I don't blame Entertainment Tonight because they did provide rare interviews and stories with those golden age of celebrities. For years, I watched it as a source of information and entertainment. I loved watching the show's relationship with the old celebrities of the past and present. Today's celebrities don't have the same class as their predecessors and it's a tragedy because the show did pay attention to everybody from soaps, radio, television, music and film. You know you've made it in Hollywood when they announce your birthday on entertainment tonight.

Ready for all of the latest entertainment news and gossip.

Author: Brian-272 from Oakwood, Virginia USA
14 February 2001

Hard to believe that it's been two decades (1981) since "Entertainment Tonight" made it's TV debut the entertainment news program has become one of the most popular in TV syndication history. From the first time you watch it you become hooked for many years. If you are an entertainment buff like me then you will enjoy this daily program when you have the opportunity to view the making of movies and TV-series way before they are released to the public. "ET" is also great to provide the latest information on any Hollywood star including both personal and private matters. I know the reporters have come and gone over the years and my favorites are the following and I have added my comments about them. 1. Bob Goen has been the best host ever always with a professional smile he takes the news so serious also. 2. The beautiful Julie Moran would always brighten the day of any viewer with that luscious smile and stylish colored clothing that we all saw her wear. Finally my favorite two "Entertainment Tonight" reporters are the best of all-time. 3. Leeza Gibbons got her start on "ET" only to pave her way to success with her own TV talk show "Leeza" and she has made several guest appearances on several TV-series, Leeza is one of the hardest working women in entertainment her great work ethic always showed during her "Entertainment Tonight" days. 4. And last but not least my favorite "Entertainment Tonight" reporter and all-time best TV hostess the very beautiful and elegant Mary Hart. Mary does her entertainment reporting in such a nice way always with a beautiful and concerned smile that is why she is considered in my opinion to be a TV reporting legend she's been a "ET" mainstay from the beginning and her beauty continues to ripen very mature with age making her all the more beautiful. Even from time to time you find an appearance from the best film critic Leonard Maltin. So "ET" is definitely the one to watch they have you covered top to bottom in the happenings of the entertainment world.

Good entertainment news show

Author: Catherine_Grace_Zeh from Fairfax, Virginia, USA
10 July 2007

"ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT," in my opinion, is a good entertainment news show. I enjoy seeing Mary Hart as the main anchor. There are many reasons why I said that. Even though Mark Steines is an okay co-anchor, I sometimes wish that John Tesh hadn't left. If you ask me, it seems that nobody stays with a TV show throughout its entire run anymore. Still, I enjoy hearing about what's happening in the entertainment world. The only thing I don't like hearing about is when a couple has broken up or gotten a divorce. Now, in conclusion, I highly recommend this show to all you die-hard entertainment world fans. You will really enjoy it.

THE entertainment news programme for those who want it, fast!

Author: dy158 from Singapore
29 May 2006

The opening jingle for Entertainment Tonight is already enough for me to look forward each episodes of it on weeknights here in my country. Ever since I first watched it by chance, I knew I so look forward to it since.

For someone like me who most of the time do not really have all the time in the world to read those entertainment news in detail, this entertainment news programme really helps a lot in bringing in the big entertainment news, star gossips, upcoming movies or TV shows and everything else in between together in a 30-minute format. I can say ET (I had so accustomed to call it that way) is actually ahead of other entertainment shows at times, I dare say.

I'm already so used to watch the regulars like Mary Hart, Mark Steines, Jann Carl and many more on my TV screen each weeknight. They all know how to do their job by bringing in the latest entertainment news in a professional manner for their audience. Given ET is being syndicated in many countries around the world as well and here in my country too, the show has a reputation to live up to.

Often the major events like the Oscars, Grammys, the Golden Globes and even the Cannes Film Festival and also the popular American Idol, ET always know how to present it well.

Too busy with your daily life? Then Entertainment Tonight is the show who want their entertainment fix - fast!

Page 2 of 2:[1] [2]