IMDb > "Entertainment Tonight" (1981) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Entertainment Tonight" More at IMDbPro »

I have watched this show for the last time....

Author: PHeath60 from Clearwater, Florida
18 August 2006

Entertainment Tonight has been going down hill for the last few years, but as of last night (Aug 17th 2006) they reached a new low.

In an effort to try to hype up their broadcast, they decided to post actual photos of JonBenet Ramsey's body in their teasers last night ...saying "Pictures from the case you have never seen before". The two photos were graphic and very disturbing. One was of the side of her face and head/neck and you could clearly see the cord that was used to strangle her around her neck, and bruising on her face. This was so hideously awful, I could not believe it. How has this got to do with ANYTHING remotely related to Hollywood Entertainment?? Nothing!! They have dropped their level of dignity and values to a new low....and it shows. This used to be THE premiere show to watch...and it's just garbage now.

I will watch Access Hollywood from now on.

How ET has gone to hell in an anorexic tabloid frenzy!

Author: TLW404 from ohio
27 February 2006

Don Knotts, Darrin McGavinn & Dennis Weaver died this weekend. RIP. ET only talked about how Don was anorexic! ET and the Insider are the two biggest pieces of crap on the air. I used to never miss it. Now its all self-promotion and medical tabloid garbage! I remember in the old days when someone of Don Knotts stature, Dennis Weaver or Mr. McGavinn passed the entire show would be a tribute to them, I would tape them --now Dancing With The Stars 10 min. 700 LB MAN OR 40 LB FASHON STICK 12 min. --- Mr. Knotts with a 50 year entertainment history- 2min !!!! Maltin gives 1 min. on Weaver and 30 seconds about McGavvin and A Christmas Story! SHAME!

The reason why other country don't like the US

Author: ReeperTheSeeker from United States
28 June 2007

This show is unbelievable in that . . . what it represents and what it focuses on and . . . words cannot describe how insane ET is. They will report anything. If a celebrity is even remotely indirectly connected to the story ET will report on it. If a dog poop in the Tom Cruise's yard they will report on it. If a celebrity dies . . . they will talk about it for weeks on end to the point where the public envy that celebrity. If a celebrity is on trial . . . ET will report it for MONTHS on end. There is no end to what this show will reports and no time frame that dictates how long they will focus on a story. Is it even considered legitimates reporting? The reports are so dang annoying too, with harsh rambling voices and end with an unnecessary pause to convey a sense of important. I cannot watch this show without questioning humanity's existence. ET is one big reason I avoid pre-evening shows in general. I regret that IMDb can only allow a minimum of one star rating and not zero or even in the negatives. For this show deserve -10 Stars.

No need to talk about the Ramsey Case!

Author: rick13209 from United States
26 August 2006

I have to agree with PHeath60. The case of JonBenet Ramsey has nothing to do with entertainment. You need to stop sensationalizing this sad,sad event. Let the nightly news handle the news. Stick to entertainment.

Here's what PHeath60 had to say:

I have watched ET for the LAST time. I could NOt believe that an Entertainment show about Hollywood would show a picture of JonBenet Ramsey's body on TV last night. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. They showed the side of her face/head and you could see the cord around her throat and they also showed her hand. There is NO reason to do that...it has nothing to do with Hollywood and it was in the poorest taste of TV I have ever seen. No parent/family member should have to worry about turning on the TV and seeing their child/grandchild's body plastered on the screen with no warning like that.

Mark Steines

Author: ettaplace9 from United States
12 February 2007

I'm just wondering how much of Anna Nicole's inheritance is going to Mark Steines. There is nothing objective about his reporting. Entertainment Tonight has been hurting for content lately, but I did not expect them to stoop to the levels they have of late. The interviews with Anna Nicole just prior to her passing were in poor taste, but the latest interview with Howard K. Stern is a new low. If I didn't know better I'd think Mark Steines was in the employ of Mr. Stern. As for the content on the show of late, more time is spent on discussing what is coming up next, what is coming up tomorrow, and what is coming up next week, than on the entertainment "news." I hate to see this happen to the show. I used to be a fan. Now I fast forward mostly.

OMG This is Still On?

Author: getyourdander from United States
22 January 2013

When this program first started, in 1981, it was a hip look at celebrities. Then Mary Hart came on board and the programs content went downhill with her. I was hoping that when she retired the show would regain the edge it originally had. It has not, and in fact has gotten even worse if that is possible.

Most of the report is worship ping the rich and famous but without Robin Leach (who is dead anyhow). This show died when it went to the format it is in now and why it stays on amazes me.

The content of the show is so terrible that I can't stand more than 5 minutes of it at any one time. Sometimes it just takes the teaser to hit me like a tabor. The only redeeming quality of the show is if you want to look at pictures of the most annoying famous people. If you want facts or information, you will get more of it on FOX NEWS, CNN or MSNBC than you will here. They are worse than the worst news channels.

Then of course, they might be on a par with CBS News though the standards at CBS are so low now journalistic-ally that they spend 20 minutes a night reporting public opinion items which is basically like watching Bill O'Reilly only with spin.

As for ET, cancel this show and phone home. This show has outlived it's time like Reece's Pieces.

Leave Dannielynn Smith alone

Author: rlfa from United States
13 September 2007

ET's obsession with Dannielynn Smith is despicable. Leave the child alone. With all the constant attention she'll most likely grow up psychotic, depressed or worse. Think of Princess Diana and how she longed for privacy. Now poor little rich girl Ashley Olson just wants to be left alone. No wonder Greta Garbo became a recluse and said "I want to be alone". How much does ET make off this little girl? Does ET not have anything better to report on? I bet there's lots of people who really don't care what color her birthday cake and balloons were. By the way, I never heard that Anna Nichole ever won any of those court cases over the will and her inheritance. Who is paying for the lifestyle of Larry, Howard and little Dannielynn? Could it be ET?

ET needs some new stories!

Author: Gary Rothermel from United States
28 October 2011

Entertainment Tonight runs the same 3 or 4 stories every day. We've had a full week of the lady in the fat suit and also Dog the Bounty Hunters grandson! Is there really nothing else going on out there in celebrity land? Really? Either get some new stories on every day or just go to one show per week because you could put everything on one 30 min. show that you guys manage to stretch into one long boring week of shows. Get out there and hustle some real news! You've got great anchors and reporters so lets see some news worthy stories, not the same stories stretched out over a one week period. You guys absolutely beat something to death. New ideas would be the Royal Families, of any country, other stars that don't seem to get as much air time.

Sick of Levi Johnston

Author: baxterbeansch from United States
5 November 2009

I, and everyone I know, are sick of hearing about Levi Johnston. He is no big deal. He isn't that cute...the only reason any girls look at him is because of all the attention he is getting. Is Entertainment Tonight that desperate for story lines? Levi is just a dumb kid, a liar, and is trying to do anything to get attention. You can tell he is starving for the cameras to show him. When you hear him talk he sounds so unintelligent. We all change the channel when he comes on. We can't stand him. He is only using Sarah Palin to get attention. He is using his son to get attention. He has no credibility, he has no story to tell, and he is no Hugh Jackman so he needs to keep his clothes on!Please, get him off the air before we all throw up! I'd rather see John Gosselin anytime, than Levi the goof-ball!

TOO MANY British ACTORS!!!

Author: stevonmfl from United States
7 March 2014

What is happening in Hollywierd? Every other show stars British actors…WHY? Is this still America or do we need another Revolutionary War to win our freedom from Brits? And why don't you have more real Americans including beautiful people of color and culture? It seems Hollywood and their sponsors are trying to whitewash American thoughts, beliefs and mores to become all-white beginning and ending with media brainwashing of children. I am disgusted at what I see as racism, discrimination and exclusiveness and exclusion of entire groups masquerading as entertainment. The media sends out bullets and bombs that explode on the inside of a child's psyche and attacking people of color's self perception and perception of his and her place in the world. What media and Entertainment Tonight are doing is nothing less than Nazi style racism.