IMDb > "Water Under the Bridge" (1980) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Water Under the Bridge" More at IMDbPro »

Great mini-series, but not the DVD shown here.

Author: bradjanet from Australia
16 September 2008

The DVD shown is not for the great Australian Mini-Series, but for another film, once called "Water Under The Bridge", but now known as "Save it For Later".

The Australian mini-series was, in my opinion, the best acted, most moving drama ever shown on Australian television. It managed the almost impossible trick of being extremely moving and yet unsentimental at the same time. it features a truly great performance by Robyn Nevin.The drama of life between the two world wars builds to a climax where a heartbreaking choice is offered to the young man who is the story's protagonist ... the last scenes of this story have haunted me since this series was first shown in 1981. It is overdue for a DVD release.

DVD finally

Author: kerrie49 from Australia
31 March 2009

This was one of the best Aussie mini series I'd ever seen, and finally it has been released on DVD!! Don't miss it. Robyn Nevin's outstanding performance as Shasta is Academy Award winning material. She cracks me up with her brilliant outbursts and facial expressions. The first two episodes are slightly dated but the rest of the series will have you hooked if for no other reason than to watch Shasta age and become more bitter yet funnier with her taunts and criticisms of everything and everyone. At the same time you see the underlying reason for her critical opinions and feel for her. Her performance has stuck in my mind since the show was first aired on TV back in 1980 and finally seeing it again I was not disappointed, it is as brilliant as I had remembered it. Best Christmas present I received this year without a doubt.