IMDb > A Jury of Her Peers (1980) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

A Jury of Her Peers More at IMDbPro »

The stronger sex; sorry boys

Author: Jeff Shear (smallfilms) from United States
1 March 2009

A wonderfully realized film, elegant and economical. The script was lean and informed by the era, with sudden lightning strokes of simple, powerful dialog. The director takes the two female leads from assumptions to a greater conviction, in non-judicial sense. Like the directing, the editing was seamless and yet telling, turning a subtle rock slide into an sudden avalanche. This reviewer wants to haul out the adjectives and praise "Jury," but that just won't do for a gem. This is a film about details and strength, the unseen distaff world. An alternative title might have been "Two Angry Women," Yep, it's "12 Angry Men" without the thunder.

Missing Info! but faithful to the Glaspell's play!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
11 February 2009

It should be Trifles which is faithful to the Susan Glaspell one act play of the same name. It would have been nice to have the cast and crew names to note and compliment or criticize them there but I don't know their names or I would do the deed. Anyway, the short film is faithful to the one act play and it's superbly done. Susan Glaspell would be proud to see this film. The actresses do an admirable job in portraying the local townswomen and the actors do an adequate job in probing the case against an unhappy married woman who kills her husband but why. I won't spoil it. You just have to watch if possible. I was lucky because my college professor, Ellen Gruber Garvey, worked on the film with the director in the film crew but even she's not listed nor is the cast and crew which is a terrible shame because they deserve to be recognized.

Its ok.

Author: kranders from USA
26 December 1999

Ok. We watched this in English class, and the most exciting part was when we realized that one woman, Mrs. Hale, was the grandma from Happy Gilmore. So that was fun. But for a short film, it was very well portrayed from Susan Glaspell's short story, which we also read.