Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back
Page 12 of 90: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [Next]

Amazing

Author: craig-hopton from United Kingdom
19 June 2016

Wow. What an epic.

This is a glorious SciFi Adventure Fantasy.

Like with the first Star Wars movie, the Empire Strikes Back presents a rich and varied universe peopled with countless strange creatures. The Ice World of Hoth is a fantastic setting for the opening scenes. But whereas many other movies would have settled for that, here Hoth is abandoned within a few minutes in favour of other, equally wonderful climes. There's Dagobah, an isolated swamp world, and a Cloud City. Not to mention all the spaceships.

This is also the movie where we're introduced to the main characters' mentors - Yoda, surely the finest creation of the whole saga, who teaches Luke the arts of the Jedi. But also the Emperor, the true evil behind Darth Vader.

Overall The Empire Strikes Back is just as good as the first Star Wars movie. It builds on the original plot brilliantly, adding complexity as we discover the relationships between the characters.

It also matches the fight scenes. There might not be an equivalent to the first movie's X-Wing/Tie-Fighter aerial fights, but on the other hand the light sabre duels are a bit more convincing than first time round. There's also a cracking set piece battle early on featuring some impressive machines including the iconic Imperial Walkers.

The Empire Strikes Back is nearly a perfect movie. My only small gripe was the scenes on the Cloud City - there's an extended bit where nothing much happens as Vader and co go about capturing the rebels. When you get used to the brilliant pace and excitement of the rest of the movie, this is noticeable.

Amazing film.

Author: Takethispunch from Greenland
18 June 2016

The Empire Strikes Back (also known as Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back) is a 1980 American epic space opera film directed by Irvin Kershner. Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan wrote the screenplay, with George Lucas writing the film's story and serving as executive producer. The second installment in the original Star Wars trilogy, it was produced by Gary Kurtz for Lucasfilm Ltd. and stars Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Frank Oz.

The film is set three years after Star Wars. The Galactic Empire, under the leadership of the villainous Darth Vader and the Emperor, is in pursuit of Luke Skywalker and the rest of the Rebel Alliance. While Vader chases a small band of Luke's friends—Han Solo, Princess Leia Organa, and others—across the galaxy, Luke studies the Force under Jedi Master Yoda. When Vader captures Luke's friends, Luke must decide whether to complete his training and become a full Jedi Knight or to confront Vader and save them.

Luke I am your father

Author: davekeanu
13 June 2016

While I have not seen this movie in along time I still think it's amazing movie to great classic. people say this is their favorite film and the best in the series well I have to agear on that. The romance between Liah and Han sola was beautiful much well done then in episode 2 Attack of the clones. C3po getting blown up was very funny and seeing him get put back together was also funny as well. This movie gave us best line in movie history and has been remembered since this movie came out to theaters in 1980.

Overall This movie was amazing and it's wroth watching this is a true movie masterpiece

A fantastic all round film.

Author: Christopher Stafford from Plymouth, England
30 May 2016

This is personally my favourite episode of the entire Star Wars saga. The developments in the storyline are sublime and really engage the audience. The immersion through practical effects, props and character representation and construction are some of the best that I have witnessed. I absolutely adore Star Wars and for me this is the best installation in the saga. The mixture of epic space battles, fantastic character confrontations and the dialogue that ties it all together makes it an easy to watch film with incredible re-watch value. Not many films can capture an audience and retain their attention for further viewings, but Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back succeeds at that very well. Definitely my favourite in the franchise.

The saga thickens and matures

Author: Filipe Neto from Portugal
29 May 2016

This film is the continuation of the story of the first. The war between the rebels and the Empire continues, while Darth Vader Luke demand throughout the galaxy. Directed by Irvin Kershner and written by Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan, this film has the participation of the same actors from the first film.

The film inherits most of the qualities of his predecessor. It has a carefully chosen cast and consistent performances, with some emphasis on the work of Harrison Ford, actor who was already highlighted in the first film and now consolidates his success. Action scenes are excellent, thought of meticulous way and the fight scenes with lightsaber remind us some great duels of piracy and swashbuckling films. The special visual and sound effects are the best that existed at the time and fulfill their role with great merit. The only difference between this film and the latest films of the saga is, in fact, this technical issue, given the huge advance that, in a few decades, the techniques and special effects achieved. The soundtrack was again in charge of John Williams, which continues the excellent work started in the first film of the saga. In fact, the first main theme of the chords of the saga became one of the songs that instinctively comes to mind of people when they think of film music, the same way as the "March of Darth Vader" has become one of most songs instinctively associated with the image of any movie villain. The point of greatest merit of this movie is the script. It is a deeper script, more psychological and intense than the script of the first film, and this contributed decisively to the success of it, and the franchise itself. Oscar winner for Best Sound, is one of the most popular films of the saga in the present day.

It's Star Wars

Author: Tyler Krupp from United States
18 May 2016

This is what many consider the bet film of the Star Wars series, this is the movie everyone wants to watch when the think Star Wars. it is the middle piece of the original trilogy that put the good guys in a very tough situation as the dark side looms over them as the evil Empire gains a major victory. this film also contains oe of the biggest plot points of the franchise. We will see Luke go out to seek a wise Jedi master to teach him to gain better knowledge and control of the force,while Han, Leia and the other run into trouble and ru into Darth Vader. Can Luke keep up his timing? How will his friends escape from the dark lord? will you finally get to see Luke fight Vader to redeem he death of Luke's mentor Obi-Wan Kenobi? You ill have to watch the movie to find out.

Great movie

Author: Aleksandar Zavišin from Serbia
16 May 2016

I really loved all star wars movies. I must say that music is excellent and that Dart wader theme is just great. The Cloud City, the most awesome of any of the Star Wars arenas, is a beautiful exterior with a dark heart. The film culminates in a whirl of emotional intensity and the infernal machine of the carbon freezing chamber. With John Williams' breathtaking score and the dark red hellish lighting, the whole feel is of a Wagnerian opera: dark and epic.

Magnificently visualized, the dizzying vertiginous terror of the moment encapsulating Luke's disorientation and horror at Vader's revelation of paternalism.

Great sequel but I prefer episode 4.

Author: jaredleeloughner from United Kingdom
12 May 2016

Episode 5 is a great movie and is probably a better made film then episode 4 but episode 4 I prefer way more. Why probably because how simple it was but what about episode five of course the plot twist at the end is huge and is easily the greatest and most important plot twist of all time of course like in any trilogy it has it's beginning, middle and end and this is the middle. This is also the dark chapter in the Star wars franchise and not because am edgy but I prefer to watch dark films but what let this film down compared to Episode four was how boring it was and yeah episode four was boring but this was very boring at times way more then episode four it felt like the film was moving really slowly.

The plot so Luke, Han and Leia are on a planet called Hoth and the empire end up attacking they leave and Luke heads to some planet to be trained by Yoda while Han and Leia go to Cloud city. Where they meet Lando and then the empire finds them.

The film is great and very important but what makes episode four better is that it's less boring in all honesty and the acting better and even the script. You should watch the film like the whole franchise even the horrible prequels.

The. Best. Movie. EVER.

Author: katgameplayer from United States
10 May 2016

"This review contains minor spoilers from the film" First, I dare NOT spoil ANYTHING about this film. Now, this film picks things up from the first Star Wars, and makes it much darker in tone. The scenes in this film are just PHENOMENAL. Seriously, the Hoth battle scene, the Asteroid Field, training with Yoda, Bespin, and OF COURSE; the final battle of Luke vs Vader. Luke is a great up and coming Jedi, Han and Leia are good and their growing chemistry is interesting to watch. And Yoda. Yoda is a BOSS. No joke, his role in the film is FREAKING IMPACTFUL, more than anyone else, on the ENTIRE TRILOGY. In conclusion, YES WATCH THIS MOVIE. YES ENJOY IT FROM START TO FINISH. AND YES, I give it a rating of 9.7 out of 10.

The ultimate cliffhanger

Author: Ethan_Martin from United States
9 May 2016

A fantastic sequel that comes within millimeters of "A New Hope". Only one thing keeps me from giving this a 10 though, C-3PO. For some reason, I think C-3PO talks too much in this movie, like I understand comic relief, but he just goes on and on and on. Thankfully a lot of his comments are just one-liners that are meant to get a laugh from the audience, if the entire movie was based around these jokes, then I would have a bigger issue with it. And this is all coming from a guy that didn't find Jar Jar Binks annoying at all. However, C-3PO is just a minor complaint, and if his dialogue was cut in half, then I would easily rate this as high as "A New Hope". I can 100% understand why people believe it's the best in the series though. It has a great sense of humor courtesy of Harrison Ford, a fantastic lightsaber duel between Vader and Luke, the return of Yoda, and one of the most memorable reveals in cinematic history. But man, this movie ends on such a cliffhanger. I won't count that against the film, but I can't imagine being one of the people that had to wait three years for Episode VI. Thankfully, I have "The Complete Saga", so I don't have that problem. Also, Episode VI is my personal favorite of the six Star Wars films, so I can't wait to see it again. But you'll have to wait for my review of that which will more than likely be the day after I post this.

May the Force be with you.