IMDb > The Muppet Movie (1979) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Muppet Movie

The Muppet Movie More at IMDbPro »

Page 5 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Life's Like a Movie. Write Your Ending.

Author: FilmFanInTheHouse from Berkshire, England
14 June 2009

The Muppet Movie

directed by

James Frawley

Kermit the Frog and friends relive the tales and stories of how they all came together.

The Muppets star in their first feature film, bringing the magic they are known for to a bigger picture. The story is not too complex and is written as a prequel of sorts. The well written jokes appear as each character gets a worthy introduction. The cameos aren't just thrown in either, but written in as interesting characters, making one of the many peaks for our furry friends.

More entertaining than humanly possible!!!

Author: mkprator from Phoenix
6 January 2003

This is a great movie, no matter how old you are. The humor works on many different levels and the puns are too numerous to count. The best part of the movie was Kermit and Ralph the Dog singing "Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them." Once a year I grab my Muppet Movie laser disk, a couple cans of Foster's and sing along.

Praised highly

Author: dfrench_nz from Invercargill, New Zealand
15 June 2001

The film is well written and brilliantly acted out by the Muppets themselves. The soundtrack contains some brilliant songs - "Movin' Right Along" being the best. The jokes are well executed and contain the kind of burlesque humour that viewers of The Muppet Show expect to see each week. Of all the Muppet films, this is definately my favourite.

I'm 17 years old, but I still love the Muppets

Author: paulmst3k from Mesa, AZ
10 August 2000

Words really can't explain how much I love Jim Henson and his zany muppets. But, I'll try my best...

This is my favorite muppet movie (appropiately titled "The Muppet Movie") because it is both hilarious and endearing. It doesn't sacrifice it's charm for the sake of being funny. It's wonderful and lots of fun. All the cameo appearances are great, especially Orson Welles and Steve Martin "Finest Wines of Idaho...excellent choice." And all the origonal muppets are great too: Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, the Electric Mayhem, Rowlf, Sam the Eagle, Lew Zealand, and most of all, Fozzie Bear, "Would you consider a bear in a frog suit?" The movie also has wonderful catchy tunes (whenever I go on a road trip I always sing "Moving right along!") I love this movie.

A classic of cinema, in every sense.

Author: Roland McLeod (nastysark) from Melbourne, Australia
25 July 2000

This is the most blindingly optimistic movie I have ever seen. It was released at a time when I was coming of age and didn't want to be seen by my peers going to a puppet flick - so I only caught it on video. 50 screenings later, it still works for me on so many levels; as a musical with excellent Paul Williams numbers; as a comedy with very impressive (and personal) cameo appearances; as a philosophical 'Hero's Journey' (Henson & Juhl deserve 'Joseph Campbell kudos' just as much as George Lucas!); and it is a wonderful touchstone to Jim Henson's career & life.Whenever I'm sick, or sad or need a little lift this film guarentees a smile and the hope for sunnier days ahead.

One of the top ten films of all time.

Author: Mary Mo from ohio
17 February 2000

I know you are thinking why would anyone put the muppet movie in the top ten films of all time? Here's my proof... it stands the test of time. It is as funny if not funnier than the first time I saw it. It has the muppets and catchy little songs for children and then jokes and stars for adults. There is something for everyone. I am thankful that my parents had this movie when I was a child because it is responsible for so many positive childhood memories. I am also thankful that I didn't watch it for awhile because it was so funny when I started to get all the jokes that I didn't understand as a child. The whole movie starts to take on a completely different meaning. Go see it again or for the first time.

One of the Top Family Movies of All Time

Author: madshell from Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
11 February 2000

I can't help but feel so much for this movie, not only because of the talents of the Muppet performers -- but the message behind the film is priceless. This movie is pure Hollywood! Kermit discovers in himself that he has something special, a talent that can make "millions of people happy" -- what dreamer can't identify? He makes his way across the country finding friends who share his dream. He is given the chance to "sell out" doing French Fried Frog Legs commercials for a greedy businessman named Doc Hopper, but Kermit continually refuses. His scene alone in the desert gives me heartache as he contemplates the meaning of dreaming under a lost starry sky. Priceless songs by Paul Williams and cameos by some of Hollywood's most respected comedians, both older and new, give the movie a timeless quality. With all this heart and hope, it deserves much more praise than it ever gets. It's so much a homage to the dreamer in all of us.

Maybe you should try Hare Krishna

Author: AlabamaWorley1971 from NJ, USA
15 July 1999

THE MUPPET SHOW was one of the best family shows ever, in that there was really something both kids and adults could enjoy. This film continues in the same vein, with silly slapstick for the young'uns and clever dialogue, weird in-jokes and tons of celebrity cameos for everyone else. Great music too!

One of the sweetest movies ever...

Author: Monika-5 from United States
12 July 1999

This movie came out in 1979 just days before I was born! I am a lifelong Muppets fan, and I love this movie to this day. "The Rainbow Connection" and "Moving Right Along" are great songs. I still love Kermit and the gang (especially Dr. Teeth's band) and I think the critics Statler and Waldorf are hysterical!!! This younger generation has Barney and the Teletubbies, but give me my Muppets any day...

Absolutely splendid!

Author: Cara-8 from Woodland Hills, California
7 July 1999

This is one kid's movie the adults love even more...it's got great songs, tons of humor, more celebrity cameos than can sanely be believed, and lots of wordplay, horseplay, and froglegs. It's about everything and nothing, and is far better than anything the muppets have done before or since.

Page 5 of 10: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]