More American Graffiti (1979)
Parents GuideAdd to guide (Coming Soon)
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a European girl are about to have sex before they are interrupted. A woman is seen partially nude at a strip joint. A woman is dancing with pasties over her nipples. Her breasts are shown with the nipples covered.
Violence & Gore
- Many people are shot and killed in the Vietnam sequences, often with bloody results. A man struggles with a bloody neck wound, and even spits out large quantities of blood. Several people receive minor injuries in a football game. A man is shot in the chest and later bleeds to death. A commanding officer and a U.S. congressman snicker a photo taken by the commanding officer of a dead Vietnamese civillian he claims he shot himself. Perhaps the bloodiest scene in the movie, the body appears to be severely beaten and scarred. A small barfight escalates into madness when the whole bar begins to join in. Later on, customers are seen with blood on their clothes. The National Guard breaks up a campus demonstration. They are seen beating students to a bloody pulp with their batons. An overall pretty violent movie for its PG rating.
- Mild profanity is used frequently throughout the film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Hippies are seen getting stoned and taking LSD. A seen at a bar shows people drinking beer and other alchohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A photo taken by the commanding officer in the Vietnam scenes shows a villager that was brutally beaten and shot. A campus demonstration broken up by riot police ends with a significant amount of the students involved being severely beaten.
- Rated PG for: Adult Content, Adult Language.(HBO advisory) It should be noted that the release of this film predates the PG-13 rating, and by today's standards, it would almost certainly be PG-13.