IMDb > The London Connection (1979) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The London Connection More at IMDbPro »

A Great Fun Action Romp from the Vaults of Disney

Author: lush84 from United Kingdom
25 October 2007

May Contain Spoilers A missing formula, a defecting Eastern European scientist kidnapped on his arrival in London, car chases, foot chases, air chases, British secret service and a couple of American tourist caught in the middle.

This is one of the superb Disney live action films which played on a Sunday during the 80s and left such an impression that I have been hunting for it for years...thank god for e-bay.

This film grabs your attention from the very start with a robbery and follows with plenty of car chases and espionage antics. It's nicely paced and non patronising which means older children and adults will also be entertained.

There's many recognisable British faces, from classic TV and film including Roy Kinnear and David Battley as the bumbling British Secret Service agents, who bear much similarity to the Jasper Carrot and Robert Powell 'Detectives' series.

It's a great shame that this and other Disney Live action films from the 60s, 70s and 80s will never see the light of day on DVD, or re-surface in the Sunday afternoon slot which had me captivated as a child. If you look hard enoughs copies do exist, though they can leave a rather large dent in your wallet...certainly worth it for entertainment.

Top film

Author: chicomarx02 from North West, England
8 February 2004

I love this film, I bought it from ebay for £26! I hunted forever to find it on the internet somewhere and I couldn't. It's very rare now as the BBC have deleted it. The music is great, the film is cheesy but still very entertaining.