IMDb > Priklyucheniya Elektronika (1980) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Priklyucheniya Elektronika (TV) More at IMDbPro »

The best movie ever

Author: vovkamog from United States
16 May 2005

I think this is one of the best KIDS movies that were ever made in Russia. I am not a kid anymore but still like to watch it time to time. As far as the quality goes it was pretty advanced for that time. The plot is well prepared and the actors are perfect. The Idea of the movie is great and it very petty that there is no sequel to the movie. Some time ego I was able to get a brand new set of DVD with remastered Video and sound. I was very pleased to see that. My kid who is 5 years old and was raised mostly on American cartoons and movies was watching it with me and liked it a lot. He said it was funny enough for him to enjoy it.

A gem of a movie

Author: dropdead99 from Stanford, USA
21 April 2000

This movie probably had more influence on the kids in the entire former Soviet Union than any other. Since there weren't all that many movies made for kids available, and most of those weren't all that good, this gem shined all the more. I love this movie, and I wish I could get it somewhere. The plot is not original, but then again, it was made in 1979. The actors sparkle, and the movie is really interesting. I highly recommend it.

Riding a swing with a pair of wings

Author: chainsmoker (ford_fairlane@email.com) from in the magnetic suitcase
22 May 2002

I grew up watching this movie. It was on TV every summer when there was no school. I must have seen it at least a dozen times, so the following review is riddled with SPOILERS. Here's the story. Professor Gromov builds a robot named Electronic (El) who looks like a kid (Sergey) whose photo was in the paper. Not too excited about life in the lab among books, El rebels against the professor and escapes to explore the real world. He soon runs into his human double. The two become friends. Except the bratty kid decides to use his new cyber friend to his advantage. Like doing his homework and house chores or having the robot stand in for him in PE. Skipping school and having your double fill in for you? Every kid's dream, right? Where can I get me one of those robots? :) Soon the teachers and Sergey's family notice that something isn't right. El realizes that he's being exploited for his abilities and he'll never be accepted as one of the humans, which is his life-long dream. This part is a little reminiscent of Pinoccio. Sergey decides it's time for him to live his own life. That's when the bad guys kidnap El to use him to break into an art museum and steal expensive works of art. They trick him into thinking he's doing something good for the humanity. Luckily the school kids come to the rescue. The bad guys are defeated, El finds friends and his place in the world, and the professor is happy and doesn't try to drag him back to the lab. Happy end of the school year and the film. Good story, decent acting, and lots of catchy tunes that you'll find yourself humming days after. Pure childhood fun.

A great movie, ONE of many classics of the late Soviet era...

Author: vikulya78-103-135099 from Hong Kong
25 June 2014

One of the most influential movies of its day! I grew up with it even though it was released when I was less than one year old. I often think that this is EXACTLY how children's science fiction movies should be made: with as few special effects as possible. Somehow, when I see a poster for yet another science fiction blockbuster these days, I know it will bore the hell out of me. That the plot will be overshadowed by the hysterically loud and disorientating computer graphics and special effects.

In total disagreement with one of the previous commenters saying that "there weren't all that many movies made for kids available, and most of those weren't all that good"...This kind of comment demonstrates once again, very clearly, how the western audiences had no clue about what life was like in the Soviet Union. There were LOTS of high quality children's movies made in those days! Many of them became classics, just like "The Adventures of the Elektronic". I'd certainly watch this and other movies with my own kids.