IMDb > "240-Robert" (1979) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"240-Robert" More at IMDbPro »

I Remember This Show from Childhood.

Author: TorontoJediMaster from Toronto, Ontario, Canada
21 April 2005

I remember watching this show way, way back when I was about 7 or 8.

I recall that I really enjoyed it. I especially liked the SCUBA rescues they did.

Another reviewer called in a cross between "Baywatch" and "CHIPS". Personally, I always saw it as an attempt by ABC to duplicate the success of NBC's "Emergency".

The format was basically the same. You had two partners, who were rescue specialists in their departments. They spent the majority of their day rescuing hapless citizens from the predicaments they had gotten themselves into. The primary difference was that "Emergency" was about the L.A. County Fire Department, while "240-Robert" involved the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

I do wish that they would bring this show back in reruns. I think that an awesome combination would be "Emergency", "CHIPS" and "240-Robert" all running back-to-back with each other.

Ah, Childhood memories...

Author: Martin A. Hohner (simnjestr@aol.com) from Chicago, IL
1 June 2000

I haven't seen this show in YEARS. I dimly remember this as being my favorite show when I was about 4 years old. All I remember now is that Morgan the Helicopter Pilot was cute and that this show made me REALLY want a Police Truck Toy.

From what little else I can remember about the show, it was basically a cross between "CHiP's" and "Baywatch". Sort of a funky late-70's cop show set on the beach.

I love a good Bronco

Author: traitors-gate from Argentina
19 June 2006

I have seen this show when I was growing up and I liked it very much

Here in my country, the most of TV series of America came in under some format almost without any delay since decades ago.

It is clear that this formula has been reproduced many times but I like the acting freshness, the connection with the characters, and of course the equipment they use in the rescues (who doesn't dream about a bronco)

Well, I hope the DVD industry take care soon about the not so popular shows and release it quickly.

PS: I loved the soundtrack

240-Robert should be released to home video!

Author: superstu (superstu@240-Robert.com) from USA
12 May 2001

I love the police-type of TV shows and 240-Robert is one of my favorites! Mark Harmon, John Bennett Perry and Joanna Cassidy made a GREAT team! The characters sense of humor and professionalism made this show very believable. I remember seeing this show as a kid and thinking how proud it must be to serve as a Deputy Sheriff. I hope to visit the old 240-Robert station in California some day. I hear that it is a lifeguard station located off Pacific Coast Highway.

Perhaps 240-Robert will show up in reruns someday? That would truly be an AWESOME day indeed!

Childhood Favorite

Author: jlpc1975 from United States
4 September 2009

This was my favorite show when I was 4 years old. I don't remember a lot about it except the characters names and the basic premise of the show. I even went so far as to paint "240-robert" on the side of my playhouse and named several stuffed animals after the characters. Any kid who came to my house was required to play rescue. Wish I could find some episodes online so I could see why I was so excited by this show. Mark Harmon was cute and all but I doubt at 4 I really cared so I assume it was the action scenes. I do have some vague memories of some scuba scenes and perhaps a helicopter rescue of some sort which we used to reenact by jumping off of aforementioned playhouse. Great memories.

240-ROBERT Should return to Television

Author: (cjohn@somtel.com)
8 December 2000

As a kid I remember myself and all of my friends watching 240-ROBERT on TV. We all thought it was a great show. We where in the nine year old range at the time. Most of us still talk about the show today and how we would like to see it return to tv with the original cast. In Somerset County Maine, the show 240-ROBERT was a major inspiration for the creation of a Special Response Unit which is called the, "Somerset Regional Dive-Rescue Association. They members are of all branches of public safety. They do that 240-ROBERT STUFF..

It was dull. It was Awful.

Author: richard.fuller1
2 July 2006

Yes, I remember this show.

After growing up enjoying Emergency with Mantooth and Tighe, we were given this return to rescue stunts.

But it failed to measure up.

Essentially what 240 Robert did was bring Mark Harmon to the limelight.

Other than that, the show was awful.

And pray tell, what did the numbers mean? I asked my brother, named Robert.

"Two wheels, four wheels and no wheels," he replied, as rescues were done on motorcycles (yes, a la CHiPs), four wheeled vehicles and the helicopter.

"But why use the name 'Robert'?" I asked further.

"Because it is a wonderful name," Robert replied.