The Swarm (1978)
- more of the 3 way courtship between DeHavilland, Johnson & MacMurray
- a hilarious scene in which the military inspect the attacked picnic site and Michael Caine comments on the bees' biting abilities
- several additional scenes of Caine and Katharine Ross driving back and forth between the military bunker and the town and chatting about developments as they do
- the death scene of the little boy whose parents were killed and who subsequently firebombed the swarm - in the short version he is in hospital and you assume he's survived although he's not seen again. he has a relapse and dies in the long version.
- various extra footage of Caine and Ross going to the HQ in Houston
- when Henry Fonda is killed there is an additional shot of a huge superimposed bee which he sees at the moment of death
- an additional subplot near the end of the film in which Ross has a relapse and nearly dies from her earlier bee sting. This is why she's lying in a bed when Caine rescues her from the burning building. This sub-plot has several short scenes including one when Bradford Dillman and Richard Widmark see Caine praying by her bed - once he sees that Caine believes in God Widmark knows he's a good chap and instructs Dillman to "Close that dossier" (the dossier has been constantly referred to by Widmark but was left as an unresolved plot hole in the theatrical cut).