IMDb > Where Are You Going on Holiday? (1978) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Where Are You Going on Holiday? More at IMDbPro »Dove vai in vacanza? (original title)

Sordi episode the best!

Author: Gerald A. DeLuca ( from United States
15 October 2010

The Sordi episode of "Dove vai in vacanza" ("Le vacanze intelligenti") is one of the most hilarious Italian comedies ever made. By itself it runs 70 minutes and would make a great program for any audience. I once showed it to an Italian cultural club here in RI and it made everybody laugh galore. Same result at the "commedia all'italiana" series at MoMA. The fabulous Anna Longhi plays Sordi's fat wife. They are both Roman fruit vendors. Their snobbish children send them off on a vacation trip through Italy where the parents are supposed to get cultured and lose weight at the same time. But they are in turn puzzled, unhappy, and hungry. They long for their Roman sausage and pasta. The other two episodes in the film are mediocre, but "Le vacanze intelligenti" is a little masterpiece. It should have been released as a separate film.

Admiring glances in the gallery of Mme. Sandrelli's nakedness ---Select satire for the Italian genres cognoscenti

Author: Cristi_Ciopron from CGSM, Soseaua Nationala 49
14 January 2009

Admiring glances in the gallery of Mme. Sandrelli's nakedness Where Are You Going on Holiday? is a cute old Italian comedy, moderately witty, averagely funny, not very scandalous or anything, with Mrs. Sandrelli when she was 32 yrs..

Many of these flicks were more satire than comedy; and if you like one, you will most likely enjoy them all.

I review the movies where Mrs. Sandrelli has done some nudity—and Dove Vai in Vacanza? (1978) is one of them—in other words, here you get to see the babe 5 yrs. before LA CHIAVE. She looked awesomely youthful and nice.

I have to confess I'm an aficionado of the whole Italian cinema (genre and artful) throughout the '60s—'80s. I find in it an expression of genuine fun—even in its average instances.

So here is an arch, an arch of comments, an electronic gallery of remarks about Mme. Sandrelli's nudity in movies—I know of 18 such movies, I hope there's more ….

Of these at least 18 flicks, many are, nudity—wise, quite light stuff—even occasional glimpses ,or short scenes—yet highly cherished and warmly treasured by the Sandrelli buff.

Some are rather defining scenes—who shape Stefania's image—like those in Il Conformista ;Jamón, Jamón; Mamma Ebe; L'Amante Di Gramigna; Ninfa Plebea; and others.

I have already written about 3 of her movies (even 4, if we count a non—nude one also)—three very sweet performances, in the '60s and in the '80s.