IMDb > Things We Did Last Summer (1978) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Things We Did Last Summer (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Bill Murray and baseball - what more could you want

Author: matthew partridge (mathew.partridge@bskyb.com) from London, England
17 February 1999

As a huge Bill Murray fan you can imagine my excitement when I saw this film/documentary for sale at £3 ($5). The video is 60 minutes of 70's Saturday Night Live types talking about how they spent the summer.

The Murray piece was a funny 15 minute skit on him planning on giving up comedy to train with a smalltown baseball team near Seattle. There's some great scenes especially when he pictures himself as the game winning hero! WOW - the two loves of my life wrapped up in one package I didn't even KNOW existed..all for the price of Big Mac meal (well in England anyway!)

The rest of it is quite entertaining too. Nice footage of Belushi and Aykroyd as the Blues Brothers, and a funny take by Gilda Radner selling tickets to members of the public to look around her apartment! Neat

Let's not forget Jane Curtin going on location in Memphis

Author: Stephen J Cobert from Wichita, Kansas
28 February 2005

The comments and summaries entered so far have left out one of the more offbeat entries: Jane Curtin's supposedly "serious" news entry about what was going on in Memphis, Tennessee, during the summer of 1977. The city was under martial law that summer after the police went on strike. And - at the risk of stating the obvious - you can bet it hit that city hard when Elvis went to that big gig in the sky that August.

It made my local (Knoxville, TN) paper that SNL had contacted the mayor of the city to ask for permission to do an impression of him as part of the sketch; as I remember, that plan was scrapped and the mayor appeared as himself. (Sorry, forget the guy's name.) And as I recall, the gag of the episode was, in the midst of all that was going on in Memphis, the only thing Jane had to report can be summed up in four words: "IT WAS VERY HOT".