IMDb > Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Star Wars

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope More at IMDbPro »Star Wars (original title)

Page 10 of 153: [Prev][5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [Next]

A heroic dynamic rush of pure adrenaline.

Author: sdillon-1 from UK
25 July 2003

CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILERS

What can be said about Star Wars that hasn't already been said elsewhere?

For a start, on its arrival in 1977, it was light years ahead of its time. It is a film from which cinema history can literally be divided into two epochs, kind of like BC and AD. Pre-Star Wars cinema was a very different medium. Post Star Wars, studios became ever more reliant on big blockbusters to remain afloat. This has led to some truly brain dead films and, as Peter Bogdanovitch described the `juvenilisation' of cinema. The success of Star Wars was a two-edged sword. Its fair to say without it there would have been no Alien, Raiders of the Lost Ark, ET, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Matrix and Lord of the Rings films. On the other hand there would also have been no Judge Dredd, Lost in Space, Planet of the Apes remake and other assorted drivel that turns up every summer clogging up the multiplexes.

Star Wars (or if you're going to be a purist, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope although the subtitle was only added in the 1981 reissue) thankfully, belongs firmly in the former category. If its legacy means we have to suffer second rate imitators from time to time, I believe it's a small price to pay for such a magnificent film. Star Wars is an unmitigated thrill ride - a heroic, dynamic rush of pure adrenaline that has been known to make grown adults degenerate into thrill-happy eight year olds.

As I have argued many times, Star Wars is not science fiction in the purest sense of the word. It is much better described by writer/director George Lucas as `space fantasy'. It borrows elements from fairy tales ranging from The Wizard of Oz to The Lord of the Rings. It also is very derivative of classic westerns (such as The Searchers) as well as Samurai films like Kurosawa's The Hidden Fortress. What George Lucas did was take these elements and stick them in outer space in a way no one had done since the Flash Gordon serials of the 1930s. He then threw in the most groundbreaking special effects revolution of all time and this is what he ended up with.

The story is comparatively simple. Young farm boy Luke Skywalker lives with his boring Uncle and Aunt on the desert planet Tatooine longing to follow in his dead father's heroic footsteps. He gets the opportunity when two droids show up carrying a message from a Princess who has been imprisoned by the evil Darth Vader. Luke teams up with space pirate Han Solo, his `walking carpet' sidekick Chewbacca, and his mentor Ben Kenobi (who is a former Jedi knight guided by the mysterious `Force') to rescue her.

The much-maligned acting of Mark Hamill as Luke is actually often so bad its good, particularly in the Death Star scenes. He makes a very appealing naïve hero. Harrison Ford's career was launched on the back of his performance as dashing rogue Han Solo, and Carrie Fisher's witty performance as Princess Leia portrays her as anything but a damsel in distress. Elsewhere the droids C3PO and R2 D2 provide superb comic relief. The banter between all the heroes is extremely funny, a factor largely (but not entirely) lacking from the current, more sombre prequels. Gravitas is added with the scenes between Ben Kenobi (the superb Alec Guinness) and the mysterious and evil Darth Vader (wonderfully voiced by James Earl Jones). Vader is, in my opinion, the single best screen villain in cinema history. His frightening and dark presence (helped by his menacing breathing and mask) gave children everywhere nightmares. Vader's character is not developed a huge amount in this film, but in the subsequent installments he proves the most interesting character in the entire Star Wars saga. The other villain worthy of special mention is Peter Cushings' brilliantly nasty Grand Moff Tarkin, the arrogant governor of the Death Star.

The special effects, as I've already mentioned, were light years ahead of their time in 1977. In my opinion nothing equalled Star Wars effects wise until 1993's Jurassic Park. Even now, the effects still look fantastic. From the unforgettable opening shot to the final exhilarating space battle, the film is a triumph. The Death Star battle remains the best space dogfight ever put on film. Even though we've all seen it hundreds of times, as the pilots are picked off one by one until only Luke remains we get closer and closer to the edge of our seats. As, the odds are piled up against our hero, Han Solo's last minute intervention and Luke's triumph is, in my opinion, the second most exhilarating scene in cinema history (after the flying bike scene in ET).

The production design, costumes and look of the film are terrific (with Imperial greys, whites and blacks contrasting nicely to our more colourful heroes). The outfits spawned millions of nerds wanting to buy full Stormtrooper regalia for ludicrous prices. Also, the editing and ground breaking sound effects are all nothing short of landmark cinema (eg, the breathless space battles and the lightsabres respectively). Also, John Williams' thundering music score is magnificent. The staggeringly epic main theme, the Luke Skywalker theme, the Leia theme and many others have all become touchstones for other composers to imitate.

The special edition released in 1997 made some changes to effects shots (which were OK changes on the whole) and added a new, unnecessary scene with Jabba the Hutt. Nevertheless, it doesn't really matter which version you see, the effect is the same.

The spiritual overtones in Star Wars are fascinating. From the Christ allegory of Kenobi to Luke's choosing to have faith in `the Force' rather than trust his computer, this film is chock full of interesting interpretations about God, the Universe, and the triumph of faith, love and courage over faceless technology. Star Wars is a reassuring film. That more than anything I believe accounts for its success. People may be cynical, but underneath they desperately want to believe in absolute good and absolute evil.

That's why it's as timeless today as it was in 1977.

The original version was brilliant...

Author: mentalcritic from Southern Hemisphere
31 March 2003

I was actually born about a year after this film first premiered, but being a member of a family that was the first on the block to get such things as the VCR and the proper Hi-Fi system allowed me to catch this film in a number of different formats in the years ranging from 1982 to 1997. I think it is safe to say that without this film, I would have had no idea how truly evil a thing Pan And Scan is, or why multi-channel audio is such a damned important thing to have in the home theatre environment.

Of course, I also knew that the film wasn't perfect. I could see a number of small problems where Lucas' budget just didn't quite go far enough, or where there just wasn't enough time to accomplish what was wanted. So when the announcement was made that in 1997, each film would be presented with improved special effects and footage that could not be integrated in the original cut for reasons of budget or practicality, I was excited.

For the most part, I was overjoyed to see the new footage or effects. Mos Eisley now looks like a real city or port of commerce, without the viewer's sense of disbelief at the seemingly deserted streets needing to be suspended. The flight of the X-Wings towards the Death Star in its original form was very good, a marvel of its time, but when George finally got to show it the way he wanted to, it was almost the equivalent of watching the helicopters of Apocalypse Now decimating the village to the tune of Ride Of The Valkyries. The wonderfully composed tracking shots especially made the battle look almost as if it really happened and Lucas was just there to take pictures. And Jabba? Well, he doesn't look all that real, granted, but it was just nice to have that one piece of footage in order to make the appearance of Boba Fett in Episode V and the entire prologue of Episode VI make a bit more sense, especially to dullards.

Unfortunately, there are a number of times when Lucas just goes too far in his quest to improve his work. Sometimes you can only do so much to anything before it starts to look overdone. Of course, I am talking about the scene between Han and Greedo in the cantina. In the original version, we are led to believe Han is a scoundrel who only cares about himself, giving us one of the best character arcs in the whole trilogy. It is also a great tribute to Sergio Leone, a nice reference to when Tuco shoots a potential assassin from his bathtub and tells the corpse "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!". Modifying this scene so it looks like Greedo shot first is an insult on a few levels. It insults Greedo as a character, making him look like one of the most incompetent bounty hunters in the galaxy. It insults the audience, who even at the age of six should no that you'd have to be blind, drunk, brain-damaged, or all three, to miss from that distance. Lastly, it insults the character of Han Solo by destroying a vital piece of said character arc. Watching Han go from scum to a leader of men, a space-age version of King Aragorn even, was one of the best things about the original Star Wars trilogy.

The story itself is the stuff of classics in that it shows the most unlikely of heroes doing things that everyone else claims to be impossible. What Lucas got right in terms of pacing and plot here is exactly where he went wrong in the prequels, in that he makes the jump from location to location seem important to the plot and totally natural, rather than forced and choppy. The story and sense of adventure makes one forget that there are really only three major locations other than the inside of a space ship.

Overall, the original Star Wars rates an eight out of ten. If Lucas had applied some common sense in conjunction with his rampant desire for revisionism, I would give it a ten, but as one critic who is famous for his negativity once said about Episode II, when was the last time anyone told George Lucas no? Still, this is a classic that should be shown to future generations as an example of how an imagination and enough literacy to realise it will open doors for you when nothing else will.

A long time ago in a childhood not too far away...

Author: Spikeopath from United Kingdom
29 March 2009

Princess Leia is captured and held hostage by the Imperial Army as it seeks to rule the Galactic Empire. An old Jedi Knight by the name of Ben "Obi-Wan" Kenobi may just be her's, and the rebels only hope. Teaming up with farm boy Luke Skywalker, scoundrel Captain Han Solo, and a couple of quirky droids, Kenobi sets off on a mission that could well shape the destiny of the Galaxy, and all who dwell within it.

Back in 1977 I was but a wee 11 year old boy, weened on films from all genres by my movie loving parents, I had no idea that Star Wars was to have the same impact on me as Jaws had two summers previously, where yet again I found myself queueing around the block for two whole hours to see a film in a one screen theatre. My love of cinema firmly cemented, Star Wars was the start of a love affair that lasts to this very day.

As the years have rolled by and my love of cinema has taken on more in-depth and serious tones, I have come to realise that Star Wars proves to be a far from flawless picture. Certainly its detractors do point to some frayed acting and call the plot structure a jazzed up good versus evil axis, while the charge of George Lucas referencing many prior pictures most assuredly stands, but really do those things matter? No they do not, because Star Wars opened up a new world of cinema, something of a portal to youngsters such as I, it got people talking and debating about the merits of model work in films (which is of an extraordinary high standard here), it nudged film makers to explore being bigger and bolder in their approach, and crucially, above all else, it got film goers hungry again, a hankering for more please if you may. Now it has to be said that all that followed 20th Century Fox's historic blockbuster didn't run with the baton, in fact most pale into comparison on impact value, but for better or worse (depending on the discerning viewers peccadilloes), Star Wars stands as a bastion of adventure laden entertainment.

It is by definition one of the most successful films in history, George Lucas perhaps didn't know it at the time, but in what was to become an almost operatic anthology, he didn't just make a movie, he created a whole new world seeping with style and rich texture. Almost as amazing as the success of the series, is how it has become part of modern day pop culture, anything from religion to everyday speak has at some time or another referenced Lucas' baby. Ultimately, though, it's one single thing that made (and still does make) Star Wars so great, it's that it has the ability to lift the audience into a rousing united feel good cheer; and that is something that few films can ever lay claim too. In 1977 it was an awe inspiring event to watch in the theatre, now here in my middle age it's an event that is like hugging a dear old friend, a friend that I know will never ever let me down no matter how many times I turn to it. 10/10

The best film ever made.

Author: fishmeister from Crawley
2 June 2004

This is quite simply a masterpiece.

By far the film that has progressed the film industry the farthest. This is the breakthrough in films. This film set raised the benchmark for standard of films that is still not being reached by many films today, almost 30 years on.

This introduces us to our characters and sets the story for out trilogy. A little slow to get started i grant you. An exciting opening scene is followed by what to my mind is a little too much of Threepio and Artoo traipsing through the dunes of Tatooine. After that though it is a non stop ride of action, adventure, drama and comedy. The excitement of learning about the force will never be surpassed and never has an idea been so gripping.

Watch this film if you only watch one film in your life. Of course if you are only going to watch one film in your like then after seeing this i am afraid that will drastically be changed into only watching 6 films in your life!!!

The first movie of the great old trilogy

Author: Jessica Carvalho from Brazil
1 February 2006

''Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope'' is the first movie from the old trilogy. I will always prefer the old Star Wars' trilogy than the modern one, and watching again this movie makes me feel very good! It is a period of civil war,since an evil Empire controlled by Darth Vader and the Emperor has the control of all the galaxies. Rebel bases finally had their first victory against the horrible Galactic Empire, and princess Leia, who is part of the Rebel Alliance is made a prisoner by Darth Vader, since she refuses to say where are the plans of the lethal weapon called 'Death Star'', who were stolen by the rebel spies. The Death Star is a big space station,capable of destroying an entire planet if it's owner desires. Darth Vader also wants to know where is the secret base of the Rebels to destroy it.

Since Princess Leia is a clever girl, she placed the plans of the Death Star in R2-D2, and send him to a special mission with C3PO in Tattoine, where he needs to finds where Obi Wan Kenobi is.

R2 and C3PO arrives in Tattoine with success, but after a time they are kidnapped by the Sand People, who wants to sell them; for their luck, their buyer is Luke Skywalker and his uncle Owen. At the same time that Lukes discovers that R2 needs to show the message for Obi wan, Vader's army went to Tattoinee to find R2 to recover their stolen plans. R2 goes after Obi Wan, and C3PO and Luke go after him. After being attacked by the Sand People and saved by Obi Wan, Luke tells him about the message in C3PO. All this time, Obi wan was hidden in Tattoine as a hermit with the name of 'Ben Kenobi'. Obi Wan then tells Luke many things about his past as a Jedi, and the fact that he was a friend of Luke's dad, Anakin. He also gives Luke a light saber that once belonged to Anakin. The Lars knows about the truth behind Luke's past, that's why specially uncle Owen never let him leave Tattoine.

Worried that the Imperial troops are searching for R2 and C3PO, Luke runs in his home's direction, but he discovers too late that his uncle and aunt were killed by then. Sad and without any attachments in Tattoine, Luke decides to go with Obi Wan to Alderaan to help Leia.

They two meet Chewbacca and Han Solo, who can take then to Alderaan. Once the money payments is sealed, they enter in the ''Millenniun Falcon'',Han's ship ,and they go to Alderaan's direction. The problem is: Alderaan is not there anymore. The ''Death Star'' destroyed Leia's native planet,since she refused to say where the rebel base stays.

Once Luke,Han and Obi Wan comes to save Leia and they succeed in their mission,they know will have other problem: destroy the Death Star.

Ps: I think that Obi Wan's death is too weak!

Ps2: How does Luke understand what R2 says to him?

Classic bit of fun sci-fi – a space western!

Author: bob the moo from United Kingdom
30 June 2002

The Republic has fallen and the Empire rules the galaxy as a dictatorship, seeking to destroy dissenting voices. The Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star, is fully on line and capable of destroying whole systems. The Jedi have been destroyed, save a few living in hiding, unable to compete with the force of the Empire. However Princess Leia has the plans showing a weakness within the Death Star. Before she is captured by Darth Vader she gives them to droids C3PO and R2D2 and they escape. When they land on a nearby planet they find Luke Skywalker and set out to find the owner of the droids Obi Wan Kenobi, or Old Ben Kenobi. Obi Wan begins to train Luke in the way of the force as they try to get the information to the Rebellion before the Death Star can be used at full power.

It's not a brilliant piece of filmmaking – lets be honest, Lucas isn't the Shakespeare of our generation. However what it is, is a good story of good v's evil, a western of goodies v baddies set in space. The story is simple but contains clear characters. The thing that sets it apart is the fun – the sense of wonder for kids but also the enjoyment it brings to adult. The story is good for a sci-fi with a lot of history and back-story clearly set out up front. The action scenes are mostly great – not dry effects but with a real sense of action and excitement too.

This may be the 4th part but it's also our first chapter, it is light and enjoyable but hints that this is only part of an ongoing battle. The way it relates to kids and adults is obvious as it broke records and everyone of a certain age knows about Star Wars! The effects still look good today – in many ways the model work looks better than all digital effects simply because they are `real' and don't just exist within a computer. Sound effects, comedy, music – it's all pitch perfect and sets up the rest of the series really well.

Hamil is ok as Skywalker (`Blonde hair, blue eyes' – Chasing Amy!). He is suitable for a kids film and he does well with his role. However like part 1 has Anakin at his least interesting, part 4 has Luke yet to develop into darker areas. Ford is perfect as Han Solo – he adds character and flair to some dry performances. Alec Guinness adds maturity to the whole film and is so good is Obi Wan that even Ewan McGregor just does an impression rather than recreate the role. Darth Vader is just the right side of silly camp villain, Jones' voice is a perfect fit and he has real menace and power. Bits players such as Chewie, C3PO, R2D2 etc all add comedy in spades.

Overall this film is even better now that we know how it all fits together in Star Wars `history'. But even without all the hype this is a really fun sci-fi that is enjoyable, simple and really good fun to watch if you're in the mood. Having a deeper perspective on it just makes it all the better.

The ultimate space adventure!

Author: Stefan Ellison from Canada
5 July 2007

I don't think there's any denying that Star Wars changed cinema history and deservedly so. At the time of its release, science-fiction was considered a dead genre with the only major films from Hollywood's recent cannon being the work from Stanley Kubrick and cheesy, yet still fun flicks like Logan's Run. Yet, no other futuristic movie wowed more than George Lucas's space opera. From that infamous opening scroll, featuring that amazing heart-pumping score, to the end credits, people were gripped and hoping their heroes that had grown to know those two previous hours could come out alive. While, George Lucas did give his Jedi knights more adventures, I don't think any of those sequels and certainly not the prequels have managed to come close to the original Star Wars that practically defined the baby boom generation. Watching the film again recently, I am still impressed by the awesome power of the movie and the fact that even after thirty years after its release, it gets me more excited than the latest Hollywood blockbuster. Sorry, Michael Bay, but you're no George Lucas, that's for certain.

After two droids crash-land on the desert planet of Tatooine, they are immediately captured and sold to a young farm boy called Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), who desperately wants to leave the rock he lives on with his aunt and uncle. While fixing one of the droids, he finds a message from Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), requesting the help of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Alec Guiness). Luke finds Kenobi, a hermit living in the mountains, who tells Luke of his family history. His father was a Jedi knight, killed by the evil Darth Vader and now Kenobi decides it is time to teach him the way of the Force. After Luke finds his family's home destroyed by stormtroopers looking for the two droids, they decide to find their way to another planet. They enlist the help of space pirate Han Solo (Harrison Ford), who decides to give them a lift. On the way, they find the Death Star, a giant space station run by Darth Vader, with the ability to destroy any planet of the solar system. Now, they must enter the Death Star, find and rescue the Princess and destroy the station before it produces anymore harm.

George Lucas has been criticised for his so-called lack of direction and screen writing abilities, but I don't think most people can deny that Star Wars packs a mean punch in terms of solid entertainment. While Star Wars is playing, all eyes are on the screen savouring every delicious moment, whether it be a fantastic lightsaber duel or a quiet scene between Luke and Obi-Wan. The visual effects (including those in the special editions) are seriously some of the best in motion picture history as they manage to make the viewer believe they're in space, surrounded by various creatures and flying ships. Lucas has gotten a lot of negative criticism for the fact that he believes that the updated version of Star Wars is the ultimate way to see the film, but I don't mind. The special effects are better and they certainly do add to the experience. Greedo shooting first? It's such a quick, minor scene that goes by at such a fast rate, that I don't really mind. I understand where the die-hard fans are coming from, but for the casual viewer, it's practically nothing. Adding to the impressive technical delight of Star Wars as well is John Williams's magnificent score, the best in any Hollywood film. I seriously don't think the film would be as highly regarded as it is, if it wasn't for the fantastic music. I seriously would probably enjoy the film even less without it.

Yet, I think the lasting appeal of Star Wars has to be the characters. Every child growing up wants to be like Luke Skywalker, the young Jedi who just wants to save the universe from possible destruction. Meanwhile, the older folks in the audience have the wise Obi-Wan Kenobi to relate and as Yoda shows in the other five films, that old age does not remove one of their abilities. Han Solo represents the coolness of Star Wars and Harrison Ford plays him with enough spunk and gusto to warrant what might be a minor character as a personal favourite of mine. And then, there's Darth Vader, the most famous character and the most chilling villain of the 20th century. James Earl Jones will always be connected with with this constantly breathing menace with a past of many hidden secrets. Even the stormtroopers tremble in his wake, for fear that he will force-choke them to death. With thrilling action, impressive visuals, lovable and both frightening characters and a world full of fascination and adventure, it's hard to go wrong with Star Wars, the epic journey of our hearts and inner wants.

A Sense Of Something Epic

Author: zkonedog from United States
11 March 2017

There was science fiction before Star Wars and science fiction afterwards. The amazing thing about this film, though, is that it presents such a simple narrative. It has drama, compelling characters, action, adventure, humor, and fantasy; every ingredient that an epic doth make.

The storyline is classic "good vs. evil" fare. The Empire forces, commanded by the mechanically- supported Darth Vader (voice of James Earl Jones), wreak havoc over the galaxy, but are opposed by a rebel force led by Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher), Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill), and Han Solo (Harrison Ford).

While recently watching this movie again, I identified three reasons why this simple little film sparked such a phenomenon:

1. The storyline is just so compelling and dramatic. A sense of something epic prevails throughout the entire production.

2. Whereas it too preceding show Star Trek many episodes to establish a cadre of eclectic characters, Star Wars (with the likes of Chewbacca, C3PO, & R2D2) accomplishes the feat in roughly 30 minutes.

3. The overall genre-diversity of the experience. I recently screened the film with my 13-year old sister, and she enjoyed it as much as I did but for completely different (e.g. humorous, primarily) reasons. Much like "Back To The Future", for example, Star Wars attracts viewers from all "walks" of film genre.

Basically, this "first" (depending on your point of view...!) installment in the series does a great job of establishing the important characters, laying the basis for the epic plot, and just providing some basic entertainment. Very few people will be turned off by it, as it contains seemingly something for everyone.

The force is strong in this one

Author: ryanskywalker-87402 from Bolton, England
28 February 2017

It seemed only fitting to watch Star Wars to transition from the terrible year that was 2016 to the new year. With it's title, A New Hope, it it was just something that I needed to watch to start the year. Not only did George Lucas' phenomenal and monumental film define a generation, but it shaped the way for science fiction films for many years to come and bring joy to everyone.

I think the greatest triumph of the original film lies in it's simplicity, so simple and yet so perfect. It's *the* classic good vs. evil plot, intertwined with a space opera feel that combines and works so well together. This is not the "greatest" film ever made, there are some problems with it, but when I watch it I just have so much fun. That's the best part though, it wasn't meant to be the greatest film ever, it was meant to invoke joy and make you feel good every time you watch it and it does this effortlessly. It's crafted to perfection; with Lucas bringing in beautiful landscapes and great set pieces, a haunting and also uplifting score, and lovable characters that get better with each viewing.

Mark Hamill's Luke Skywalker is *the* prime example of releasable protagonist. Sure he's a little whiny, but aren't we all. Harrison Ford though, is where it's really at. His charm and charismatic vibe just works so well with the film and it's characters, you can't really say why it works so well, it just does. He's everything I wish I was if I lived in space. Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia is perfect. She's no damsel in distress, she's a warrior and a fighter and I love that about her. Alec Guinness is perfect as well, he plays the "master" role so well, and his lines with Luke are great.

Darth Vader is the single greatest villain ever put to the screen. His simple and effective way of putting terror in people and he's just so menacing. His fight with Obi-Wan may have be lackluster in a year with giant space battles, but that's why it is perfect, it's simple way of storytelling. Combining with John Williams greatest achievement yet and using practical effects to his advantage, George Lucas makes the film a technical marvel to watch.

The film doesn't over complicate anything, it's a simple story of adventure, hope, and love, all told in a wonderful space opera way. There hasn't been many films like this in many years; taking us on a fun journey to new places we could never imagine. Star Wars is not a perfect film, there's some flaws here and there, but remembering the first time I saw this and it bringing me so much joy and happiness, I can't help but keep going back to this saga and find new ways to love it each and every time.

RIP Carrie Fisher

Impressive,the most impressive!

Author: nikxatz from Greece
28 June 2016

Star Wars!A brave hero,a princess,an amazing bad guy,a cool smuggler,2 funny robots and of course a green alien!Everything that a perfect science-fiction film needs!In my opinion,Star Wars is and will always be one of the best movies because it combines adventure with drama and a...lot of science fiction!It is also a nice story about an evil father, his powerful son and his courageous daughter,Leia!Moreover it has great effects for a film in the 80s and includes amazing characters,an interesting plot and nice fights between evil and good!Star Wars 4 is great,due to ...everything and especially the begging with Darth Vader and the blowing of the Death Star!!!Although, my favourite Star Wars film is" The Empire Strikes Back"because of Yoda,the green alien and of the fight between father and son which is absolutely amazing!I consider all Star Wars films epic!Star Wars is a part of my life and of my culture and it will always be!May the force be with you!