IMDb > "James at 16" Pilot (1977) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"James at 16" Pilot (1977)"James at 15" Pilot (original title)

1 of 21 Episodes | Next »

Fond memories of this show

Author: info-16573 from United States
13 May 2009

It's a shame that the only comment posted on here is an angry one by someone who obviously didn't like the show. Sort of makes me wonder why they bothered watching. I have fond memories of the show and even as an adult have often wondered what became of the actors, especially Lance Kerwin.

I was around the same age as James and I found the show very timely and interesting. It offered an inside look that made me wonder if others my age were feeling some of these same insecurities underneath that carefully built "cool" shell they wanted everyone else to see, and believe.

I also enjoyed Square Pegs and Doogie Howser. So, thanks to Lance for portraying sweet and sexy James at 15!

A Timeless Made For TV Movie Classic

Author: cutterccbaxter from minneapolis, minnesota, on the planet Earth
20 March 2005

James At 15 is possibly the best made for TV movie ever made in the history of made for TV movies. Lance Kerwin was hitting his acting stride when he made this movie for TV. My favorite scene in this made for TV movie is when Lance hooks up with Kate Jackson and they thumb their way across the USA. I remember thinking when I saw this made for TV movie back in 1977 that it would be so cool to hitch hike with one of Charlie's Angels. Kate Jackson was my favorite angel. I liked her on The Rookies. The fantasy sequences in James At 15 are done really well. I liked it when Janes fantasized that he was Robin Hood and he and Kate shot arrows. Kate looked good in green tights. I would like to see a new James At 15 made in 2007 only they would have to call it James at 45. Anyway, this made for TV movie did an excellent job of showing how hard it is to be 15.

Sex

Author: Joelsdad from Michigan City, Indiana
17 November 1998

An unbelievable cutting edge sex scene between Kerwin and Anderson in the woods. I remember asking my mother and father what it was he forgot (why he had to exit the sleeping bag). Heavy stuff for its time. I could have cheerfully shot Melissa Sue for dumping him near the end.