Three's Company (1976–1984)
- Norman Fell and Audra Lindley played The Ropers in the pilot, but were named George and Mrs. Roper. As in the UK original, Mrs. Roper was more serious and not zany as in the series.
- The pilot took place in a triplexed apartment area in North Hollywood, called the "Hacienda Palms", but the main series was at an apartment house in Santa Monica.
- John Ritter's character in the pilot was named David Bell, and he was an aspiring filmmaker. The two women roommates in the pilot were played by Valerie Curtin and Susanne Zenor. Their characters were named Jenny and Samantha, respectively.
- The theme song had no real lyrics. The singers just sang "da-da-da-da-da-dum".
- The sets used in the pilot mirrored the main series with the exception of the living room of the three roommates.