A scientific expedition in the Atlantic Ocean becomes lost in the Bermuda Triangle and washes up on an uncharted island. They meet up with travelers from other times, planets and dimensions...
See full summary »
This action adventure series follows the exploits of Sergeant Henno Garvie and his colleagues who make up Red Troop, a crack SAS team. Stopping the release of a lethal anthrax mutation, ... See full summary »
Harry runs a salvage operation, in which he and his partners reclaim trash and junk and sell it as scrap (or as other things). Harry also has a home-made spaceship which he sometimes uses ... See full summary »
A scientific expedition in the Atlantic Ocean becomes lost in the Bermuda Triangle and washes up on an uncharted island. They meet up with travelers from other times, planets and dimensions who have also become trapped, and together they "slide" through portals from one dimension to the next hoping to find the one that leads home. Written by
Marty McKee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Opening credits narration]
Lost in the Devil's Triangle, trapped in a dimension with beings from the future and other worlds, a party of adventurers journey through zones of time back to their own time. Varian, a man from the 23rd century, possessing awesome powers; from 1977; Fred, a young doctor just out of medical school; Scott Jordan, the thirteen-year-old son of a famous scientist; Liana, daughter of an Atlantean father and an extraterrestrial mother; and Jonathan Willaway, a rebel ...
See more »
This show has some striking similarities to other television shows, which did become successful series, Stargate SG-1 & Sliders. Moreover, the formats are quite similar as well: 1. The viewer "travels" with the hosts to different worlds.
2. All involve scientific experiments which produce danger.
3. Both Sliders and Fantastic Journey are about travel to parallel universes.
4. All three involve different planets accessible only to a select team.
5. Both Sliders and Fantastic Journey are about people trying to find their way home.
6. Both Fantastic Journey & Stargate SG-1 have an alien in the cast.
7. Both Fantastic Journey and Stargate SG-1 are scripted by Katharyn Powers.
8. All three shows have a movie actor in the cast who played a supporting role in a big picture but was never an outright "star".
So for those who would like to see Fantastic Journey on TV again, don't fret! Technically, it did come back, just in a different skin!
14 of 18 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?