IMDb > The Message (1976) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Message More at IMDbPro »Al-risâlah (original title)

Magnificent movie

Author: MYS from Bahrain
28 October 2000

The movie is directed by Mustapha Akkad one of the pioneering Arabic directors, and to me that is enough. The story of Islam put in its best form on motion picture. I recommend this movie to every one of all ages; especially people that would like to know or get a better understanding of haw the religion of Islam started.

Moustapha Akkad and Al-risâlah

Author: Amine Rafik from morocco
11 April 2013

honestly one of the best films ever made. this movie shows the life of Muhammad the prophet and messenger of Islam(Peace be upon him). the director of this movie is Moustapha Akkad who was killed in a suicide attack. and there is some rumors that he was killed because he directed this film. Mustapha Akkad one of the pioneering Arabic directors, and to me that is enough. The story of Islam put in its best form on motion picture. I recommend this movie to every one of all ages; especially people that would like to know or get a better understanding of haw the religion of Islam started. and i advice everyone to watch it whatever your religion.

I watch this movie many times in both English and Arabic version

Author: ntma85 from DZ
5 March 2014

I watch this movie many times in both English and Arabic version I loved more the Arabic one, maybe because it is my native.

I think the acting was good, and in general, this was a good introduction to the religion of Islam.

This shorten they real story to the maximum.

Anyone who want to read more detailed facts how Islam started, he can got al raheeq al makhtum book. I think they can make a full series from it. That was an old movie, but one of the all-time best. It gives us an idea how the life in desert is. How the early Arabs was. How the first conflicts about Islam and the react of others.

1 of my top 10 movie-list

Author: AhMagDy from SeLanGor, MaLaysia
1 May 2017

That movie is more than " ExCeLLent " ... .. it's One of my top 10 movie-list , ..

Talking about historical Islam starting to all world ,

with a nice views of true story start in " MecCa " .. to almost " MiddleEast " area ..