IMDb > The Manhunter (1972) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Manhunter (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Unique Heroe

Author: wolfhell88 from Austria
11 November 2001

Roy Thinnes playes a hunter who gets hired from a banker after his son was shot during a bankrobbery. With this unique heroe the movie sounds much more interesting than it really is. Sandra Dee, best-known as Teeny-star has some sexy scenes in here but the whole movie really starts to live whenever William Smith appears. He plays Clel Bocack, the guy who shot the son of the banker. He only appears at the beginning and the end of the movie but his scenes are full with action and dynamic. His great and unforgettable appearance is the only reason for watching this movie.

Good TV stuff

Author: GUENOT PHILIPPE (philippe.guenot@dbmail.com) from France
27 September 2015

This is a typical TV movie from the sixties, because it was actually made in 1968 and not 72...The music score and overall atmosphere sounds the sixties at one hundred percent. Since the opening crédits, I thought of Don Siegel's THE KILLERS which was a TV movie too before being released in theatres. I waited for this rare film since thirty years now, since I read the Wade Miller's novel. I quite don't remember it, the details, and so can't tell how far the screenplay of this movie is faithful to the genuine material. Anyway it remains effective, fast paced and supported by a solid acting and film making too. The Relationship between Thinnes and Sandra Dee is quite interesting, especially in the end. I was just a little disappointed, but that is nothing to do with the quality of the movie. And William Smith's character as the bad guy enhances the power of the whole. This could have made a movie for large releases in theatres.