IMDb > Crime Busters (1977) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
I due superpiedi quasi piatti

Crime Busters More at IMDbPro »I due superpiedi quasi piatti (original title)

Author: Mark-371 from Nova Scotia, Canada
20 February 2000

This movie has to be one of the best slap-stick comedies EVER made!Heres the plot: Two guys named Matt Kirby ( Terence Hill ) and Wilbur Walsh( Bud Spencer )are sick of having no work which means no money so they decide to rob a super market. When they are ready they go around the back of the building, jump in, and its a police recruitment office...not good! So they become cops. They hate being police so they decide to really mess thing up, like arresting the Leiutenant Govenor, but they are still with the police because the Captain of police( David Huddleston ) likes Matt and Wilbur, every time they "MESS UP" they help solve a case or prevent robberies and fights!

My favorite scene is when Bud Spencer destroys some guys car and then says "Have a nice day!" Excellent, 8/10

If you liked this movie, i suggest " Watch Out were Mad" and "They call me Trinity"

Hill and Spencer again , now as policemen in the sunny Florida

Author: ma-cortes
26 December 2005

This is an enjoyable entertaining juvenile for Terence Hill and Bud Spencer buffs , as they are delightful . Our friends (Hill and Spencer) , now sea-workers but without employment decide to carry a hold up , but they finish attempting to heist a precinct . It goes wrong and then they enlist as policemen under orders to a stiff police chief (David Huddleston). Meanwhile , they will confront a gangster and help a gorgeous Oriental girl (Laura Gemser).

This fun picture packs action , fist-play , slapdash , humor with tongue-and-cheek and is quite amusing . This entertaining , engaging movie is crammed with chases , fist-fights , punches , kicks, slapstick , overwhelming stunt-work and lots of humor . The film isn't always good , sometimes is fresh and diverting and on a couple of memorable occasions , it's frankly delicious . The formula of Spaghetti western with humor as ¨they call me Trinity¨ and ¨Trinity is is still my name¨ ,one time run out is transfered other sub-genres as far adventures , action or police-action . Thus , the comedy and laughters are varied and the chuckles are based on diverse personalities and physical differences of the starring . Terence Hill is likable , hilarious and agreeable ; Bud Spencer is his bouncing , muscular pal and although he's always angry he has nice feeling . The comedy is narrated through numerous struggles developed in a Bar (where Hill simulates to be a cripple and Spencer a deaf-mute) , at a Stadium and a Bowl . Fights are light by means of punch and bound and leaps , neither blood , no gore . The plot is plain and simple although sometimes is absurd and ridiculous but has its moments here and there . Plus , there appears the attractive Laura Gemser (Black Enmmanuel) .

This movie along with ¨Miami Supercops¨ and ¨Superfuzz¨ belongs to the trilogy which both of them made in Miami as policemen and directed by brothers Sergio and Bruno Corbucci ; besides the score music was composed by Guido and Mauricio de Angelis and the Bionda . The motion picture was regularly directed by Enzo Barboni or E.B.Clucher , the same of Trinity series . Clucher was a notorious cameraman including classic Spaghetti Western (Django , Goobye Texas , Hellbenders), but with the hit of ¨Trinity is my name¨ left it and turned to film-making, and directed the following ¨Trinity is still my name¨ and the third outing ¨Trinity and Bambino, the legend lives on¨; plus , other Hill and Spencer vehicles . Rating : average but entertaining.

Probably the best Spencer / Hill movie ever made

Author: anonymous from Germany, Stuttgart
30 January 1999

Just go watch that movie. It has the best opening scene a movie ever had. It is funny, it is entertaining, it is full of action... It is BUD SPENCER and TERENCE HILL !!!

The best one of the Spencer/Hill legacy!

Author: DoctorKay ( from Germany
9 January 2007

I grew up with them, here in Germqany their films are extremely popular. Now that I'm a grown-up, of course I must admit that most of their films are pretty silly, yet still they had an effect on me and influenced my preferences. This one is definitely the best one of them. Its slapstick humor is brilliant and the story is silly but absolutely hilarious. But the best thing about the film is the music. The moment you start whistling it, everybody knows exactly where it comes from. Genius! Even aspects like photography and set decoration are very convincing in this one, you find some beautiful pictures and scenes in it. So it's still a classic simple slapstick-buddy-movie, but a very special one: Their best one! It's a hell of fun to watch it!

One of their very best!

Author: Hvalross from Norway
31 October 2006

This, along with "Odds and Evens" are easily Bud and Terence's best movies along their "Trinity" stuff released in the early 70's. This, along with "All The Way, Boys!" and "Odds and Evens" was my first movie ever watched with them, and after all these years, I still can't get enough of it! Superb acting by the duo, in their own lovely style! The storyline here is slightly stronger here than on later movies too. Some flaws are present though; this one is a bit long, and drags abit, but otherwise a really excellent movie!

Great acting and memorable quotes. Lot's of fight scenes in the usual Spencer/Hill style! Good storyline.

A bit long, though a great movie nevertheless!

Bud & Terence: the rescuers of European B-movies.

Author: Squeele
5 June 2007

The dynamic duo strikes again, in one of their funniest adventures! Matt Kirby (Terence Hill) and Wilbur Walsh (Bud Spencer) are two small-time crooks whose path will cross, and lead them into an unsuspecting Police Academy. Now, armed and driving recklessly Miami's Police vehicles, they'll thwart a gang's plan led by gruesome harbor workers, their evil boss, two stunning and manipulative blondes and their intellectually challenged butler...

Bar fights, bowling fights, open-air fights, all the staples from the great silly Italian comedies are here, with all the heart you can expect from our heroes Spencer & Hill. Not to mention the theme music, which became an instant classic, as well as the whole movie. A must-see in that genre.

Punch them and wish good luck

Author: Shaolin_Apu from Seinäjoki, Finland
11 January 2006

The absolutely best thing in this film is that it does not ask you much to enjoy it. Only excuse you have to make is that it contains unrealistic fist fighting and the film is therefore pretty violent though nobody gets hurt. It's like grown up men pretending to be again ten year old boys.

The film does not contain dull moments: Bud Spencer never smiles nor frowns even if the baddies punch him and Terence Hill has always that trademark boyish grim on his face. Quite unrealistic is that the heroes "accidentally" join police force and beat the bad guys with ridiculous tricks, but you can't consider anything too critically as you'd only lose the true essence of this hilarious comedy. If you have never before watched Spencer & Hill films this is a good one to start with.

Hilarious Slapstick

Author: G-Man-25 from Iowa City, IA
5 August 1999

Terrence Hill & Bud Spencer are a wonderful comedy team! They first gave us the "Trinity Boys" spaghetti-western spoofs and now are two cops transferred to Miami to bust up a smuggling ring.

Lots of action, some priceless slapstick moments (especially the fight in a a bowling alley) and the usual great camraderie between Hill & Spencer make for a fast-paced and very entertaining movie.

Spencer and hill are at it again

Author: srobi280 from Hungary
11 April 2006

This movie is tons of fun. Spencer and Hill meet each other in the harbor while looking for work. They decide to rob a store, and see two cops in there. They tell the cops that they want to be cops as well. Afterwards, they run into a police station and tell them again that they want to be cops. So they get hired.

My favorite bad guy is the Indian chief sitting on the hood of the pickup truck. The football fighting scene was a riot as well. The whole thing is filled with laughs, and is one of my favorite Spencer and Hill movies.

Watch it when you have some free time, or when you are in a bad mood. It will cheer you up.

The team of Terence & Bud have never been better

Author: policy134 from Denmark
4 July 2009

The thin and fat comedy duo is as old as time itself and you have them almost all over the world. Here we get the Italian version, although the setting is supposedly Miami.

I loved the teaming of Bud Spencer and Terence when I was a kid and this is definitely one of their best offerings. It helps that their comedy is of the slapstick variety because the dialog is not one of the teams best friends.

The plot is pretty outrageous. Terence and Bud are recruited unwillingly as police officers when they accidentally walk into a police station, trying to rob it. The captain of the precinct is played by David Huddleston, who I didn't know was an American until I saw him in the western Rio Lobo with John Wayne. He plays the screaming police comical captain really well but the movie squarely belongs to Bud and Terence.

There is a rather boring subplot about a woman played by the Asian Emmanuelle but luckily the emphasis is on slapstick fights. It almost amused me to no end that Bud and Terence's opponents almost enjoyed getting thrashed. They try again and again and are always thoroughly beaten up (no blood, though).

The team was in almost 20 films together but this is definitely one of the better ones.