IMDb > The Great Waldo Pepper (1975) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Great Waldo Pepper

The Great Waldo Pepper More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]

One of the best movies ever made!

Author:
9 January 2006

Kessler's character is based heavily on the great German flier, Manfred von Richthofen. I have read Richthofen's personal memoirs which he published in a book called "Der Rote Kampfflieger" and was translated to English as "The Red Battle Flier", and the details he provides are in consistency with those portrayed in the movie. I am very much a lover of aviation and, particularly, early aviation. The 30's, before WWII and after WWI, were the Golden Days of aviation and they were shown wonderfully in this film with excellent scenery, breathtaking skies, good actors and beautiful planes. You cannot be an aviation enthusiast and not see this movie! And even if you aren't, you're still in for a treat. This has a good storyline, great lines, comedy, a little romance, adventure, and plenty of flying! A+++++++++++!!!

Its a fun movie

Author: skopi from Cincinnati, OH
22 May 2000

This is simply a fun movie. The flying scenes are great to watch and sometimes filled with suspense. Its simply an adventure that traces Waldo after flying in WWI to getting money from small communities for stunt flying to flying for Hollywood. There is no deep thought here and the plot is not that great but it has fun action. I am not sure if I would rent it, but its worth watching if you see that its on cable somewhere.

Pablum for masses

Author: Mahmoud_Buttrumps (ahmadinejadwipe@hotmail.com) from Avinashi, Coimbatore DT., Tamilnadu, India.
7 December 2010

Or so I thought. Instead I end up having to look at the formerly gorgeous Robert Redford and spend the next hour wondering what the hell happened to him. He used to be like a good looking version of Brad Pitt and now, not so much. What's the deal with movies like this anyways? A bunch of stories that have nothing to do with anything. The Charlotte's Web remake sucked. Nobody should copy that type of thing. Ever. I mean it had one funny part where Don Cheadle was doing that one girl and called her a Mexican when she was from Puerto Rico or something and she got mad. Other than that it was a waste of time. So was this. It has nothing to do with The Great Waldo Pepper. Give me back my money.

Good movie if you're interested in planes

Author: frinkazoid from Antwerp Belgium
8 December 2002

I rented the dvd of the movie 'cause I saw the dvd at my local library and my full nickname is waldo frinkazoid. The cover looks pretty good and the name Robert Redford 'rang a bell'. I guess that those reasons were not good enough, To like this movie i think you have to bee an aviation freak. The story is not the main thing in this movie, one should be impressed but the stunts performed in the movie, the story comes in second place. The title makes you believe it's a tribute to Waldo Pepper but I can't say I like what he did much.

Page 3 of 3: [Prev][1] [2] [3]