- 1 win.
- See more »
Dr. Sam Richards
John (as Woodrow Chambliss)
Aaronessa Fyffe (as Erika Carlson)
High Priest (as Anton Lavey)
|Gabe Essoe||...||(written by) &|
|James Ashton||...||(written by) and|
|Gerald Hopman||...||(written by)|
|Michael S. Glick||...||producer|
|Gerald Hopman||...||associate producer|
|Sandy Howard||...||executive producer|
|Louis Peraino||...||producer (as James V. Cullen)|
|Al De Lory|
|Álex Phillips Jr.||...||director of photography (as Alex Phillips Jr.)|
|Peter E. Berger||...||assistant film editor (as Peter Berger)|
|Paul LaMastra||...||assistant editor (uncredited)|
|José Rodríguez Granada||...||(as Jose Rodriguez Granada)|
|Carlos Grandjean||...||(as Carlos Granjean)|
|Ellis Burman Jr.||...||special makeup effects artist|
|Terry Morse Jr.||...||in charge of production|
|Mario Cisneros||...||first assistant director|
|Rafael Portillo||...||second unit director|
|Hieronymus Bosch||...||paintings: title backgrounds|
|Gene Eliot||...||sound effects editor|
|Tony Garber||...||dialogue editor|
|Manuel Topete||...||sound mixer|
|Jack R. Woltz||...||re-recording mixer (as Jack Woltz)|
|Federico Farfán||...||special effects (as Frederico Farfan)|
|Thomas L. Fisher||...||special effects (as Thomas Fisher)|
|Carol Wenger||...||special effects|
|Cliff Wenger||...||special effects|
|Linwood G. Dunn||...||special photographic effects|
|Michael Matusek||...||telecine colorist (2006 digital restoration)|
|Don Weed||...||special photographic effects (as Don W. Weed)|
|Rafael Delong||...||key grip|
|Luis García||...||gaffer (as Luis Garcia)|
|Manuel Gómez Urquiza||...||camera operator: second unit (as Manuel Gomez Urguiza)|
|Felipe Mariscal||...||camera operator (as Felipe L. Mariscal)|
|Al De Lory||...||conductor|
|Milton Lustig||...||music editor|
|Don Sorkin||...||music consultant|
|Sam Askinazy||...||unit publicist|
|Linda Sony Kinney||...||production coordinator (as Linda Sony)|
|Anton LaVey||...||technical advisor (as Anton Szandor Lavey)|
|James A. Mendrala||...||electronic effects / video|
|Theodore R. Parvin||...||production associate (as Ted Parvin)|
|Ana Maria Quintana||...||script supervisor|
|Jaime H. Shandera||...||video|
|'Chema' Hernandez||...||head wrangler (uncredited)|
- Bryanston Distributing (1975) (United States) (theatrical)
- Astral Films (1975) (Canada) (theatrical)
- Joseph Brenner Associates (JBA) (1978) (United States) (theatrical) (re-release)
- Wm. Lange & Associates (1978) (United States) (theatrical) (USA: Midwest)
- CBS (1979) (United States) (tv) (original airing)
- United Home Video (1987) (United States) (VHS)
- Dark Sky Films (2006) (United States) (DVD)
- Cinécran (1977) (France) (theatrical)
- Columbia Films (1976) (Japan) (theatrical)
- Fox-Rank (1976) (United Kingdom) (theatrical)
- Fox-Stockholm Film Distribution (1976) (Sweden) (theatrical)
- Nobis-Filmverleih (1979) (Germany) (theatrical)
- AMRAC Distribution (1992) (United Kingdom) (VHS)
- BijouFlix Releasing (United States)
- Image Entertainment (United States) (laserdisc)
- Jaguar Video (Germany) (VHS)
- Laser Paradise (2009) (Germany) (DVD)
- SPO (2004) (Japan) (DVD)
- Seven Keys Home Video (1980) (Australia) (video)
- Severin Films (2017) (United States) (Blu-ray)
- Svenska Walthers Video (SW) (1981) (Sweden) (VHS)
- Svenska Walthers Video (1980) (Finland) (VHS)
- VCI Home Video (United States) (DVD)
- VCI Home Video (United States) (VHS)
- Burman Studios (special makeup melting effects)
- Film Effects of Hollywood (special photographic effects)
- Sonex International Corp.
A bunch of Satanists in the American rural landscape have terrible powers which enable them to melt their victims. However one of the children of an earlier victim vows to destroy them.
Written by Jonathon Dabell
|Taglines||Absolutely the most incredible ending of any motion picture See more »|
|Parents Guide||View content advisory »|
|Also Known As||
|Trivia||The shooting of the film was plagued by eerie events and accidents. Because of this Ernest Borgnine vowed to never work on a project with this subject matter again. See more »|
|Goofs||There is a scene where a rocking chair moves by itself. The camera pans up to show a knife in the arm of the chair. Fishing line is clearly visible extending from the knife to somewhere off camera. See more »|
|Movie Connections||Featured in The Devil's Rain (1982). See more »|
|Crazy Credits||Technical Advisor: Anton Szandor Lavey, High Priest of the Church of Satan. See more »|
[Corbis is transformed into Satan in the body of a goat-like being]
Jonathan Corbis: Who calls me from out of the pit?
Satanists: We Christ's children.
Jonathan Corbis: What is thy purpose?
Satanists: Purpose of soul!
Jonathan Corbis: Has it been prepared?
High Priest: It has.
Jonathan Corbis: [points to Mark Preston] Then I command this soul to be purified by fire and water.
[Two satanist drag Mark to the altar]
Jonathan Corbis: O Mighty light and burning flame of comfort, enter this body and cleanse it of its unworthy soul.
[Corbis holds a wooden voodoo doll containing Mark's soul, to which he sets it onto the firery torch]
Mark Preston: [Screaming] AAAAAH!
Jonathan Corbis: Burn!
[Mark continues screaming in agony]
Jonathan Corbis: Burn! Burn! In the name of Satan, Lord of fire, in the name of Lucifer, saint of light, in the name of Delia, master of the Earth!
[Corbis holds Mark's scarred chest as Mark, in extreme pain, moans and wails as his soul is sent to the Devil's Rain]
Jonathan Corbis: Now, be sealed by the holy waters of forgetfulness.
[Corbis then hold the ladle filled the Water of Forgetfulness, grabs a handful, and sprinkles the water on Mark's face. He chants an evil Latin prayer while it's happening]
Jonathan Corbis: Martin Fyffe, my servant, come forth and claim the body I have prepared for you.
Jonathan Corbis: [chants another Latin prayer] Open wide the mysteries of your creation unto this soul.
[Mark, with his eyes now gone, is now converted into a lapdog puppet of Satan]
Jonathan Corbis: Be friendly unto him, for I am the same, the true worshipper of the highest and most exalted King of Hell.
Mark Preston: [as Martin Fyffe] Praise be, the Lord of light and darkness, who is my soul... salvation.
See more »