IMDb > Adventures of the Queen (1975) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Adventures of the Queen (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Good and Plenty, but boring

Author: Darlawood80 from Southern New Jersey USA
27 December 2002

I don't know exactly why Irwin Allen produced this movie. It's like a repeat of his first sea disaster film but with more of gun violence in it. I would also believe that he wanted to make it into a TV series as well, but I guess that flopped. The characters are very good in this TV movie, and the storyline fitted perfectly with the current events of the 70's without over dramatizing it. Like The Poseidon Adventure, the film was filmed aboard the Queen Mary but in more extensive areas like the lounge and the Royal Suite Cabin. Although the movie is good in general, the special effects are some to laugh at for a 70's movie. If you are a disaster freak like I am, try watching the movie. You just may like it.

Irwin Allen's Disaster Movie At Sea

Author: StuOz
31 July 2003

Irwin Allen disaster movie about a bomb on a passenger ship.

David Hedison looks good in this movie and an early scene where he jumps off the ship to save the life of someone is well acted and scored by Richard LaSalle.

LaSalle is no stranger to Irwin and his music really helps this TV movie. So many scenes would not have been half as good if they were not coated with LaSalle music.

Today, it is a bit hard to take the late Robert Stack too seriously because of his role in "Airplane"(1980), but if you block out "Airplane" for 90 minutes, you will take him seriously as the champion of good in this film. Bradford Dillman is the evil and he performs well.

When in LA in 1992, I did a tour of "The Queen" and it was a highlight of my first trip to America. "The Queen" and the special effects of the ship in this film are all good fun. If you like this movie I suggest you also take a ride ... Beyond the Poseidon Adventure (1979).