IMDb > "Wheel of Fortune" (1983) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Wheel of Fortune" More at IMDbPro »

Now in HD!!!!!

Author: Seth Nelson from (Near) D/FW Airport, Texas, USA
13 September 2006

That show I like, and the show America likes, is bigger, brighter, and better than ever because it's now in High Definition!!!!! It's "Wheel of Fortune!!!!!"

Anyhow, Pat Sajak and Vanna White run the show and they are the perfect duo to take center stage. The game is played exactly like "Hangman," as Merv Griffin envisioned it more than 30 years ago. Here people spin for "BIG MONEY !!!," and prizes too, but watch out for "Bankrupts," "Lose a Turns," calling wrong letters, etc. and the player shall succeed!!!!! The person with the most cash goes on to spin the little wheel for a chance at cars and cash ranging from $25,000 to $100,000!!!!!

I am looking forward to seeing such a great season this year, especially the Dallas episodes. As a matter of fact, the Nokia Theater in Grand Prairie just wrapped up three nights (three weeks on TV) of shows a couple of weeks back. It'll probably be on in November, so I'll have my old-fashioned SD VCR ready!!!!!

"Wheel of Fortune" is the best game show ever made, and 6th according to GSN. Watch it, you will enjoy it!!!!!

BETTER THAN EVER!!!

Author: Ed from Los Angeles, CA
22 March 2002

I remember when this show came on, The highest prize won was $25,000 in the bonus round. Now a days is 100 grand. And all the toss ups. I'm telling you this show is better than ever. And the theme song is pretty good. Unlike the 1983 "Changing Keys" version which was ugly and used too many synthesizer or the 1997 version where they jazed up the theme. I Like the new hi-tech puzzle board because it gives a more 21st century feel to the show. And the PRIZES!!! We'll What more can be said this show is better than ever before. And the set is cool. Better than the previous sets including the Ugly Sunburst's in 1983. Long Live Wheel.

Television's spin of fun every weeknight

Author: Rosemary (zelda1964) from Long Island, New York
2 April 2004

I have loved the Wheel of Fortune show, ever since Chuck Woolery first hosted it with Susan Stafford as lovely assistant; It was a joy to sit at the television and challenge your skills. There have been many changes to the show's original format,but it still is wonderful to experience a victory solving the bonus puzzle.Pat Sajak and Vanna White are a great team and make the show fun and exciting.Miss White is sparkling with her personality, and Mr. Sajak has a warm mannerism about him that you can trust.What is amazing is that this show is like the simple game of hangman!I think it is remarkable how a popular show came about through a child's game.I really Love It.

A big wheel, Lots of Prizes, Music....Oh, where does the time go?

Author: The_Light_Triton (Black_triton14@hotmail.com) from In a Chair in my room
11 May 2005

I love wheel of fortune. It's arguably the best gameshow on TV and you have to have seen it at least once or twice.

The game is played as follows; 3 people are standing at a wheel with various dollar values on wedges, and they have to solve a puzzle by guessing letters with every spin of the wheel. whoever guesses the puzzle at the end of the game, wins the cash they've accumulated throughout.

Now for my 2 cents on the show. First off, I Love Vanna White. 56 years old and she outclasses just about any modern model, celebrity, singer, whatever. She'll be 70-something before she quits spinning letters.

But for Pat Sajak, he's a totally lovable guy, but he really looks like he doesn't care anymore. He's been doing the show for 30+ years, But now he just looks bored. But if Pat Sajak goes, Vanna would get lonely and eventually quit too.

Bottom line, I suggest you watch Wheel of fortune, If you like watching people play hangman for cash, you won't be disappointed.

TV's finest game show!

Author: wachovia_138 from Michigan
19 December 2002

Wow. Wheel is most likely the best game show on television, right next to Jeopardy! I especially love all the moments with schmucks incorrectly solving puzzles and then winning the bonus round...

My only peeve is that the bonus puzzles are getting WAY too hard. I saw one recently that was A BUSYBODY. Unless you have a hunch and guess B and Y, there is NO WAY you'll be able to solve this puzzle!

Splendid fun to watch and play along with

Author: Jerry Ables from Tennessee
9 October 2001

I always make sure that I never miss this awesome game show. If I'm not at home when it comes on, I tape it to watch when I get home. It is my opinion that it is one of the best and most exciting game shows of all time. It's always fun to try and solve the puzzles and to see the contestants win big cash and prizes. It's very easy to see why this show has lasted for so many years and I hope it stays around for years to come.

I'm crazy about Wheel of Fortune!

Author: wigglywheelsjack from United States
9 September 2006

I really like Wheel of Fortune. I watch it every night. I think the puzzles are interesting and everyone seems so nice and it is exciting when people win. I think Vanna is very pretty and I like to check out what she's wearing. Pat sometimes says funny things and keeps the game going. I also like playing the Wheel of Fortune TV game. I've won several million dollars and tons of prizes. Not really, of course, but in the virtual world I did. It's fun. I usually play this game in the morning when my mother is busy getting ready for the day. I really look forward to it and it is part of my regular routine. I would miss it if I couldn't do it. I can't do a lot of things that other kids my age do because I am in a wheelchair. I need some interesting things to pass the time and this is one of them.

Another Interesting Game Show from Merv Griffen!

Author: (robocoptng986127@aol.com) from U.S.A
30 December 2002

[MAY BE SPOILERS]

Wheel of Fortune is still going strong after all these years. Pat Sajak and Vanna White are the hosts and I hope they continue to be for many, many years to come. I met Vanna White once. Three contestants compete with each other to win a major cash prize, even trips to Hawaii and new cars. A puzzle is selected, usually a phrase, thing, person, book, etc., consonants are free but you must pay for vowels A, E, I, O and U. But before you guess a letter, you must spin the big wheel in front of you. The wheel will usually stop at a certain amount of money, but sometimes it will result in a contestant losing a turn or losing all their money. It's actually alot easier than Griffen's other show Jeopardy! where your knowledge of historical events will determine whether or not you walk away loaded.

I've been watching Wheel since I was a little kid. It's a nice thing to watch if those other TV shows don't look good. But over the years, the set has undergone a significant change. Remember on the older shows when Vanna had to turn over the letters? Now all she does is touch a computer screen. In 1997, a children's version of the show, Wheel of Fortune 2000 premiered and was actually a nice show but it was cancelled after one season. But the original Wheel of Fortune is still going strong and I recommend you tune in one night. See if some guy will be walking home with a wad of cash and/or a trip to Tahiti, or perhaps he'll be driving way in a fancy, schmancy new car. Who knows?

Getting a little overdone.

Author: (davemmr@aol.com) from Bellerose, NY
7 December 2000

This gameshow was great when I was a kid. Contestants taking their hard earned money to buy grotesque prizes... it was wonderful. Now it's getting all a little overdone, like most gameshows nowadays. The excess graphics and hoopla surrounding the show really doesn't jazz up the game itself, which has become dull ever since they stopped with the shopping segments and when they started giving you R, S, T, L, N, and E automatically. And is Vanna White even necessary anymore? She touches the screen! They can do that automatically.

It's not a bad show - just no fun for me anymore. It's just another case of a gameshow taking itself way too seriously. Please bring back the simplicity and fun of the old gameshows!

The Best Game Show Ever!

Author: Moviemachine-1 from Los Angeles, CA
30 September 2002

Pat Sajak is the host and Vanna White is the hostess of the game show "Wheel Of Fortune". Three contestants complete to solve the puzzle (a person, phrase, thing, etc.) in the show. Each contestant spins a wheel and fill in the spaces to help them solve the puzzle. If you like game shows, watch this one.