IMDb > "The Invisible Man" (1975) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Invisible Man" More at IMDbPro »

too Intelligent of a Show, Relied on Plot more than Fisticuffs

Author: richard.fuller1
21 April 2002

When Dr. Daniel Westin is turned invisible from an experiment, he must now don a mask and gloves when he walks among people. Played by David MacCallum with longer hair that is blonde, he looks nothing like his character on the Man From Uncle. I remembered this show from its brief original run, and caught a half dozen episodes off Sci Fi Network a few years back and they are a marvel to behold. Melinda O. Fee as his cooperative scientist wife, who isn't a Charlies Angel in behaviour but is most definitely in looks, plays well off watching her husband disappear as he disrobes. Craig Stevens statue presence rounds it out nicely. But the show worked marvelously, relying on the moving camera either letting you know where Daniel was or giving his eye view as he approached a person or area. The show offered no camp, no humour, and no sexual bickering. One fantastic episode had Daniel offer his mask as an escape for a person he had to smuggle out of the enemy headquarters and he simply walks out beside him invisible. With the possible exception of the old Topper movie, there hasn't been anything like this show before or since.

Wonderful show

Author: manipool from Los Angeles
29 January 2008

This didn't last long enough if you ask me. This TV show was one of my favorite little shows back when I was 14-15 years old. I was in hella love with David McCallum, particularly after seeing him in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. and that Outer Limits episode where he grows a giant head from attaining so much intelligence. (You know I was glad when he returned to normal!) It seems the show was suffering from special effects and script quality issues which may have bothered adults of the time, but for kids and young teens, this show was fantastic! Maybe they geared it to the wrong demographic.

Whatever the case, I'm happy I was able to experience and enjoy it back then. Lots of TV shows (The Immortal, The Man From Atlantis, The Magician, to name a few) that were great for kids and teens got cancelled too soon and that was really too bad. I remember loving the fact that he was running around unclothed and doing good deeds. Some station should reshow those fourteen episodes. I'd watch them and remember the good old days. We didn't know how good we had it back then.