IMDb > Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Page 7 of 64: [Prev][2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [Next]

Very Funny

Author: mooseman201@hotmail.com from Toronto, Canada
25 February 2003

This has to be one of the high points in the career of Monty Python. I loved this movie. It was very funny and very well done. Its one of those movies that you could watch over and over and over agian. I would give it 4.5 stars of 5.

What IS the capital of Messipitamia?

Author: StrangelovePHD from Bloomfield NJ
16 February 2003

This was probably the best comedy I have ever seen. It perfectly showcased how you can take a legend and spin into a hillarious farce! It also had wonderful animated sequences. It is by far Monty Python's best film!

Best comedy ever made

Author: Movienut01 (Movienut01@attbi.com) from United States
13 February 2003

Oh my gosh where do I start. With Monty Python's brilliant Monty Python and the Holy Grail, your literally laughing all the time. I have this on Special Edition DVD and whenever I am really sad or need to laugh a bit, I grab this and pop it in. LOL funny, and the Black Knight will amaze you with his invincibility (particularly one of my favorite scenes in the movie).

great!!!

Author: iron_theater from Viña del Mar
8 February 2003

the best comedy that I've ever seen, there's nothing more to say, and the fact that the movie begins with the credits and in the end there's only a black image with that funny music, with everyone waiting if something else would happen, until the movie just ends,it makes you laughs even more, and leaves you laughing for a couple of days more.

One of the best comedies ever.

Author: Aaron1375
7 January 2002

I love this movie, because no matter how many times I see it, it is still funny. One of the many reasons it works is the low budget and the fact that they don't try to hide the fact it is low budget. Also, the very serious music this movie has makes it funny because they are acting like it is a serious movie and then again they are not. Plot summary is simple. King Arthur must find and retrieve the holy grail and while doing so runs into one hilarious encounter after another. The members of Monty Python did a wonderful job on this movie and they play multiple parts in it. I don't want to give anything away so just trust me and watch this film, and I bet you will be laughing!

Brave Sir Robin ran away...

Author: Andrea Treese from Small shallow grave
4 November 2001

This is their best. Definitely. It is a comedy worth seeing, and even if you wind up hating it, WHO CARES!!!!

From the Trojan Rabbit to the Killer Rabbit, the Legendary Black beast of Agggggggghhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeee... to the Knights who say Ni. This film is definitely one of the best movies of all time. Just the other day a friend of mine and myself were just sitting at a table, reciting the lines from the movie. Everyone I know always knows a line from the movie, whether it be from the French or the Black Knight. All I can say is go watch it. You'll die laughing.

The person who wrote this review will be sacked! (No sub-titles-I promise!)

Author: Robert Reynolds (minniemato@hotmail.com) from Tucson AZ
26 September 2001

There probably isn't much I can say that others haven't said already and at some length, I suspect, so I'll say this: what Rocky Horror Picture Show is to a great many people, this film is to me. I know most of the dialogue, the songs the minstrels sing, the timing and so on. I have probably seen this film more than any other and it never gets old for me. Sheer antic lunacy on a par with The Marx Brothers and glorious fn all round (I feel happy, I feel happy! <Whap!> Most stupendously, wonderfully, delightfully recommended. (When you're King, you have to know these things.)

7 out of 10

Author: ray.cooper from Cologne, Germany
26 June 2000

Absolutely hilarious, but wildly uneven, towards the end really disappointing spoof of historical king and knight movies. The troupe are in great shape and deliver terrific punchlines. Still some just don't work and the lack of story really lets this falter along the way. Still, the most imaginative running gag when the movie is mixed with reality works very well. Great art direction, costumes and atmospheric cinematography.

Darn my age and nationality!

Author: Kimberley (kimmb) from Kentucky, USA
26 December 1999

I'm only sad that I'm 20 and American and wasn't born until after these guys stopped the Flying Circus on the other side of the pond. This movie is a classic on college campuses everywhere, including mine. This was my first exposure to Monty Python. I don't remember the first time I saw it, sometime in high school I think, but since then I've seen it several times (a ballpark figure would be around 6 million) and I still laugh as I'm quoting the lines along with the actors. For fans of British comedy, or sketch comedy in general, here is a fine pick for an evening in. These guys made what came later--Kids in the Hall, In Living Color, The State, Mad TV, and even the grandaddy of sketch comedy, Saturday Night Live--hip, cool, and frankly, possible. Of COURSE I recommend this movie to anyone who would like to have a better acquaintance with the beginnings of modern sketch comedy and five guys who are quoted about as often as Shakespeare by people who haven't actually ever seen the show. Sidenote/additional plug: Run out and get your mitts on a couple tapes of The Flying Circus.

Go away or I will taunt you again

Author: gazzo-2 from United States
5 October 1999

This is an absolute Scream. Where do I begin? The Trojan Rabbit? the Cow that gets shot over the wall? Coconut horses? How about the Cartoonist who 'dies from a sudden, fatal heart attack'? The bridge and the sparrow question? And of course-they ate Sir Robin's minstrels-and there was Much rejoicing(YAY!)...

This is a great farce, rather crap ending but all the rest is top notch; unplotted plot allows the Python boys to do what they did best, make us laugh very, very hard.

I remember getting absolutely worn out seeing this for the first couple of times. By all means, see it-**** outta ****. Hilarious!