IMDb > The Bod Squad (1974) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Bod Squad More at IMDbPro »Yang chi (original title)

Exploitation martial arts classic as a group of women fight against an evil overlord for their freedom

Author: dbborroughs from Glen Cove, New York
18 September 2006

I saw this German/Chinese co-production in German and all I can say is at some point this schlock classic has to come to DVD in English because this movie is just too much fun.

As I said I saw this in German so I can't be sure how much I understood but I think it goes something like this: a group of white women are sold into slavery by some pirates t some warlord who runs a town. The women are to be prostitutes and sex slaves. The women are secretly trained in various martial arts by a woman who is trying to get rid of the warlord. At some point the women fight back and a huge battle ensues with the half dressed women fighting for their freedom against an army of men dressed as ninjas.

I really liked this movie a great deal even though I saw this in German sans subtitles. I didn't understand anything other than what could be shown, but with action this good it didn't make any difference. This is pure exploitation gold. The movie seems funny (intentionally), it has good acting, beautiful people, great action and the sense to just keep going. Its wonderful fun.

See this movie, even if you have to see it un-dubbed or subtitled, this is a movie that should be sought out by action and exploitation lovers everywhere.

Hot Chicks in Underwear Kicking Ass...What's Not To Love?

Author: Lenie Colacino
21 May 2012

I discovered this film by accident in the summer of 1978 in New York City, roaming Manhattan with some time to kill and a few dollars in my pocket. In those days the 42nd St district was alive with adult entertainment unlike today's sanitized, Disney-ized fare. In a lot of ways this film was the grand-daddy of female exploitation. The original title was "The Virgins of the Seven Seas" or "Enter The Seven Virgins" (take that, Bruce Lee!). Hot western (German) girls are kidnapped into slavery in order to please their eventual owners but wait!!! They secretly train in martial (not marital) arts to defeat the male pigs who would own them. Of course they do this in the most humiliating and degrading way while clad in their colorful and scanty underwear. Tarantino surely must have seen this film in his youth and turned it into Kill Bill. The bad dubbing, obvious wigs but credible (and sexy) fight scenes only added to my enjoyment of this over-the-top action comedy. I only wish it was available in some format these days so that I could own a copy. Still, I'll never forget how much fun this movie was.

Great combo of kung fu, breasts and schlocky entertainment

Author: mr.slut from Berlin, Germany
6 November 2000

This movie rocks. Very attractive 70's chicks fight it out against evil chinese guys. This movie is highly entertaining and makes little sense. I simply loved it. The german director was also responsible for most parts of the infamous german sexploitation series SCHULMAEDCHEN REPORT, aka SCHOOL GIRL REPORTS in the early till late 70's.