IMDb > The Chadwick Family (1974) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Chadwick Family (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Awesome Movie

Author: shermada from United States
8 November 2006

I too saw the movie when I was a kid. It was on TV the summer that I turned 12. And I have also been looking for it for years on video or DVD. I probably saw about a million movies on TV and in theaters when I was growing up, but "The Chadwick Family" is one of the few that really touched my soul, and made a lasting impression on my. I became a consummate Barry Bostwick fan after seeing it. We didn't have a color TV at home. My family and I were at my aunt's house for my mom's birthday. I positively fell in love with his dreamy blue eyes. And I mean, hey, I was at the age when girls fall in love with anyone anyway~ especially a character embroiled in a tragedy. This was before "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" came out (one of my all-time adult favs.) Although, I doubt if my father (the deacon in the church) would have allowed me to see it anyway~ ha ha. Since it had some prominent stars in it, it may eventually run on AMC, be sure not to miss it. In my opinion it's one of the best TV movies that was ever made!

Good 70's made for TV flick/timewaster

Author: marcibun from Chicago, IL
17 April 2002

I saw this movie on television in 1974 - Once. I was 7 years old and to this day I still remember how much I loved this movie. Filmed in the same style as "Brian's Song", and "Eric", it's your typical 70's, made for TV, heart-string-pulling melo-drama about the trials and tribulations of the Chadwick family. Just like the others, this one will leave you tear-stained, and with a little lump in your throat at the end. I have searched for this movie on VHS with no luck, and other than my older sister (who wanted to watch the movie and was babysitting me at the time, thereby "forcing" me to watch it), I don't personally know another living soul who has seen it. If you ever happen to leaf through your TV Guide and come across this movie being shown, set your Tivo (or VCR) and do yourself a favor. This movie is one of those lost little "gems" that is worth discovering.

Great Movie For the entire Family!

Author: navy7344 from United States
21 September 2007

This is a true Gem of a story that i originally saw back in 1974 when it was aired on the ABC Movie of the week i believe. It is a tear Jerker that will tug at your heart strings especially when Fred MacMurray's son who is dieing from a rare disease leaves Fred a Note That he reads just before leading his son's package delivery service air Plane(which was before Federal express By The Way) Up the street. It says "dad I hope you can be a good Scotsman" or something to that affect. Then you actually see Fred Marching ahead of a vehicle towing his son's plane and Fred Playing the bagpipes. As an extra bonus since it was filmed in San Diego i believe you get to see and hear the street beat (what the drum section plays when the band stops playing) from the United States Marine Corps Band Probably from Camp Pendleton. It is truly worth finding and watching. Good Old Fred MacMurray always played in clean wholesome ,family type movies. Loved him in Disney's "Flubber" and "Son of Flubber" "The absent minded Professor " and "the miracle of the bells" and Of Course "My Three Sons". Tom Mezzo Composer Garwood NJ

Wonderful movie

Author: JammyTune from Texas
11 January 2007

I saw this movie many years ago and absolutely loved it. I actually saw it twice in just a couple months and would love to see it again. Fred MacMurray was awesome in it. I would love to see it come out on DVD. I have to agree with what marcibun from Chicago, IL had to say about the movie too. It was quite a tear jerker though. I remember laying on the couch watching this movie and was at the very end of it and I was bawling my eyes out (I was about 14 at the time and all sad movies caused me to bawl my eyes out) when there was a knock at the door. I didn't even get up to answer the door because I didn't want to ruin a good cry and miss the ending of a great movie. He came in anyway and of course teased me about crying because of a movie. I loved this movie. I would like to know how to get it put on a DVD so new generations can see it. They don't know what they are missing.