IMDb > I Love a Mystery (1973) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

I Love a Mystery (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Worth seeing

Author: robolly from Chicago
10 February 2002

Saw this when it was first broadcast in 1973 and than again perhaps 8 years later. It's based on an old radio series about three insurance investigators. This film is played for laughs, and the opening sequence is hilarious, but the pace kind of slows down after that. Still, as a whole quite amusing and fun.

Loved IT

Author: crt0524 from United States
2 December 2005

I can remember as a kid getting up just before the movie would start or staying up late at night just to watch the movie.

From the opening scene with the bug on the neck to the end... it was pure laughter

It made me laugh and I absolutely loved Don Knotts at the end with the lion. And to see that HE was the dad the beautiful triples, Faith, Hope and Charity, who would have guessed that???

It's probably one of my favorites in memory!

I have looked high and low to find this on prerecorded media but have had no luck. I would love to find a DVD or VHS copy of this movie.

If any one knows where it can be purchased, PLEASE let me know!!!

Thumbs up for I Love A Mystery

Author: chbuttercup
15 March 2013

I too saw this as a child and totally loved it! Perhaps it's my warped sense of humor! Lol. I lucked out and saw it a couple more times in my teens, and even managed to Audio Tape it...anyone else ever do that? Hartmann and Knotts' characters have stuck with me, the wonderfully twisted surprise ending, the great verbal word play between the characters...just fantastic! Good, clean fun, adorable characters, and an engaging mystery. Well written, well acted and just what I think we could use more of in the movie industry for family enjoyment. I would just love to find this movie again, and have been searching for it on VHS or DVD for years now. Please Powers That Be, make it available!!!!!

I Love this movie!

Author: myplanetrocks
9 April 2007

This is one of the most memorable movies from the 70's. I saw this when I was about 7 years old at 2 am in the morning and I remembered it for years after! David Hartman and Don Knotts maintain levity as they investigate a mystery in a creepy old mansion. In search of a missing billionaire, the detectives embark on a journey through the mysterious and colorful mansion which chimes of a baby crying. Is the baby real and stuck in the ventilation system or is it just a prank? Watch the mysteries unfold as Don Knotts bumbles and stumbles around in his typical skittish fashion. Appreantly, this gem of a little-known movie was themed after an earlier radio series of the same title. I loved it and wish it would be released officially!

Great Movie, Now How to you get a copy of it,

Author: dglssbaker from United States
6 January 2007

I saw this as a kid and love it, it was great, but now as an adult, I can't seen to find it anywhere, if anyone knows how to get it, let me know. thanks I saw this as a kid and love it, it was great, but now as an adult, I can't seen to find it anywhere, if anyone knows how to get it, let me know. thanks I saw this as a kid and love it, it was great, but now as an adult, I can't seen to find it anywhere, if anyone knows how to get it, let me know. thanks I saw this as a kid and love it, it was great, but now as an adult, I can't seen to find it anywhere, if anyone knows how to get it, let me know. thanks I saw this as a kid and love it, it was great, but now as an adult, I can't seen to find it anywhere, if anyone knows how to get it, let me know. thanks