IMDb > "The Girl with Something Extra" (1973) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Fun show!

Author: tmolthan from USA
15 May 2002

This was a fun show that deserved to be more popular. Not as magical as "Bewitched" or "I Dream of Jeannie," and not as silly as "The Flying Nun," Sally Field played a girl with ESP...think "Nanny and the Professor". I would love to see this again.

Missing actors names

Author: atlaswinks from United States
21 October 2006

Why don't you list the two major actors who play Sally & John Burton on this page? I did a search and their names only appear in the synopsis of the plot. Sally Field played the wife with ESP, but who was the husband?

I really enjoyed this show in my middle childhood and was sad when it didn't return for a second season. I found the ESP facility, used in a comedic manner to be very entertaining. The energy/chemistry between the actors who played husband and wife was wonderful. It reminds me of the energy between such television couples and Samantha and Darren on Bewitched, Dharma and Greg and Jeannie and the Major. My memories of this TV series are a bit fuzzy as it was so long ago, but I would love to see it on DVD.

cast list

Author: ciecie from mayville, new york
17 December 2006

I think that Sally Field, John Davidson and Jack Sheldon should be the first three names listed. They were the stars of the show. I think that having the three stars names at the bottom of the cast list is an insult to the three of them,. I think that should correct this error immediately. I also fondly recall watching this delightful show when I was growing up. There was an episode at Christmas time that was based on O. Henry's Gift of The Magi. I'm hoping that this show is put out on DVD or shown on TVLand. This is the kind of show that would fit into TVLand's line-up. I think that I will e-mail them and ask them about putting this show in their line-up.