The Godfather (1972)
- his sister, Talia Shire, portrayed Connie Corleone throughout the trilogy
- his mother, Italia Coppola, serves as an extra in the restaurant meeting
- his father, Carmine Coppola, is the piano player in the Mattress sequence and he composed the music
- his sons, Gian-Carlo Coppola and Roman Coppola, can be seen as extras in the scene where Sonny beats up Carlo, and he is at the funeral
- Paulie says "sfortunato", which means "unlucky guy".
- Michael explains that Tom is a "consigliere," or counselor;
- Vito calls Johnny Fontane a "finocchio," an offensive term for a homosexual
- Sonny refers to Paulie as a "stronzo," a term equivalent to "asshole"
- Carlo and Connie both say "vaffanculo" during their fight, which means "fuck you"
- Don Zaluchi says the sale of drugs to children is an "infamia," or an infamy
. Tom Hagen on the plane to California. . Carlo and Connie's wedding night. . Sonny visiting Lucy Mancini's apartment. . A close-up of Vito thinking. . Michael and Kay on a train to New Hampshire. . Luca Brasi taking the subway to his meeting with Tattaglia. . Vito embracing Tom as his new consigliere.
- Hagen and Woltz negotiate Johnny Fontane's position at a table with a bowl of oranges on it, and later Woltz discovers his horse's severed head
- Don Corleone buys oranges right before he is shot. He does not die, but his missing driver/bodyguard, Paulie, does die;
- Sonny drives past an advertisement for Florida Oranges before he is assassinated;
- At the Mafioso summit, bowls of oranges are placed on the table (specifically in front of those Dons who will be assassinated);
- Michael eats an orange while discussing his plans with Hagen for assassinating the other dons;
- Before Don Corleone dies, he puts an orange peel in his mouth to playfully scare his grandson;
- Tessio, who is executed for attempting to betray Michael, plays with an orange at Connie's wedding. In fact, he reaches across the table to grab it, indicating that he will "cross" the Corleones;
- And in a slight twist, there are no real oranges for Carlo Rizzi, but Rizzi does wear an orange suit right before Sonny beats him up, then helps to arrange Sonny's death, and is himself garroted in retribution for Sonny's death later.