The Godfather (1972)
. Tom Hagen on the plane to California. . Carlo and Connie's wedding night. . Sonny visiting Lucy Mancini's apartment. . A close-up of Vito thinking. . Michael and Kay on a train to New Hampshire. . Luca Brasi taking the subway to his meeting with Tattaglia. . Vito embracing Tom as his new consigliere.
- Hagen and Woltz negotiate Johnny Fontane's position at a table with a bowl of oranges on it, and later Woltz discovers his horse's severed head
- Don Corleone buys oranges right before he is shot. He does not die, but his missing driver/bodyguard, Paulie, does die;
- Sonny drives past an advertisement for Florida Oranges before he is assassinated;
- At the Mafioso summit, bowls of oranges are placed on the table (specifically in front of those Dons who will be assassinated);
- Michael eats an orange while discussing his plans with Hagen for assassinating the other dons;
- Before Don Corleone dies, he puts an orange peel in his mouth to playfully scare his grandson;
- Tessio, who is executed for attempting to betray Michael, plays with an orange at Connie's wedding. In fact, he reaches across the table to grab it, indicating that he will "cross" the Corleones;
- And in a slight twist, there are no real oranges for Carlo Rizzi, but Rizzi does wear an orange suit right before Sonny beats him up, then helps to arrange Sonny's death, and is himself garroted in retribution for Sonny's death later.