IMDb > They Call Me Trinity (1970) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Lo chiamavano Trinità...

They Call Me Trinity More at IMDbPro »Lo chiamavano Trinità... (original title)

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

Let Bud and Terence entertain you.

Author: latsblaster from Örebro, Sweden
19 June 2003

'Lo chiamavano Trinità' is one of the most charming and funny comedies ever made. The incredible duo Spencer/ Hill is fabulous. When you watch 'Lo chiamavano Trinità', it's like you get a good feeling all the time (you will get the same feeling if you watch the sequel). 'Lo chiamavano Trinità' is very unpretentious - and the simple jokes hits you all the time. It has also wonderful music (the sequel has even better music). Trinity is for me without doubt one of the most charismatic characters ever in filmhistory. I have to mention a quote:

Mescal: It's mierda! (When tasting the farmers soup)

Rating: 8 of 10.

One of my all-time favorites!

Author: sperman69 from Oulu, Finland
6 September 2001

I LOVE this movie! Probably the most epic with Bud & Terence. Super-funny spaghetti western. All the typical elements of their films are present: lots of bar fights, people flying everywhere, the usual, wonderful cheap jokes... legendary the final mega-fight between the mormons and the bad guys! A Must-see for every age! :D

The best Spaghetti-Western ever

Author: Cristiano Messaad (salk) from Eskilstuna, Sweden
10 November 2004

I am Italian and I have seen many spaghetti-western productions in my life. This movie is by far the best ever produced. The sequel is comparatively poor and not recommended. The two main characters work astoundingly well together and play at their fullest potential. A special mention to the "Mayor", for once a very likable "bad guy", and its irony. The movie is much stronger in the first half when it builds up tension and expectations. The first few minutes when Trinità is eating beans are simply legendary. The ending is. on the opposite of all other movies made by the couple, not really "happy" and I did like it. This movie mixes many ingredients together and the result is a wonderful and tasty juice. Recommended! 9/10

One of the few comedy westerns I like - - watch out for the lousy DVD

Author: westerner357 from U.S.
7 October 2004

(aka: THEY CALL ME TRINITY)

I have to admit I'm not one for comedy westerns but this one was actually funny in parts. It's almost as funny as SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF (1971) and I would almost consider it a welcome addition to my DVD collection were it not for the fact that the current Direct Source Media DVD weren't so awful.

Trinity (Terence Hill) a dirty, dusty drifter-turned bounty-hunter comes to town to pay a visit to his horse-thieving half-brother Bambino (Bud Spencer) who's pretending to be the real sheriff. Bambino's looking for the best way to rustle some of the Colonel's horses before he leaves and he's not interested in letting Trinity cut in. In the meantime, the Colonel (Farley Granger) is doing some plotting of his own, not only to get rid of Bambino but also to displace some Mormons who are settling on some land he wants for his own cattle.

The fights, the stunts and the gunplay Trinity and Bambino play on the Colonel's men is hilarious. I like it when Bambino uses the bottom of his fist to hit the bad guy's on the top of the head. And the ending fist fight scene at the Mormon's camp cracks me up. No wonder this film made Hill and Spencer popular in Europe.

Like I said, the DVD is a travesty with a transfer that's watchable but looks like it was lifted from a VHS source. The print itself the transfer was taken from is pretty grainy with bad splices and an audible hum in the soundtrack. It deserves a failing grade.

The TRINITY series needs the Anchor Bay DVD treatment, really bad. Since these Euro westerns were so popular, I'm surprised they haven't secured the rights to it yet.

7 out of 10

the greatest comedy/western ever made!

Author: kvblshemp from granada hills, california
5 April 2003

Action! Laughs! Beans! Filth! Flies! Sweat! B.O.!...It's all here in this terrific film about two half brothers (Hill and Spencer) who team up to save a helpless group of mormon farmers from marauding mexican banditos and a ruthless gang of ranchers. the entire cast is outstanding and never disappoints in keeping the viewers interested and entertained. the sound effects crew deserved an academy award, as one can practically feel the pain with every punch and slap! The climactic fight scene is the one which all fight scenes should be measured by (poor Mezcal!). It is absolutely hilarious! Tobias would be honored if you'd share their meager meal with them. Buy this title, "Trinity is still my name" and "My name is Nobody." All are classics for the archives.

story shines through ever deteriorating sound and picture

Author: flow_smelly (stephen_lomeli@hotmail.com) from ATLANTIC BEACH, NC
5 May 2002

just bought this and the sequel on dvd. every time i see a new american market copy of this movie the picture and sound just get worse. that no one has given this film the treatment it deserves... original sound/language, subtitle options, dubbed version option, letterboxing, restored print and sound, etc... makes a thoughtful person wonder.

my sometimes too protective mother let me watch this movie as a kid and watching it now i wonder why. i think she was a sucker for sexy leads. it embodies everything that is/was deemed tasteless by those who would know and really don't. it's the long gone pre pc violence of bugs bunny cartoons, three stooges dysfunction with a twist of simpsons atheism. it begs no qualitative analyses of point or moral only craft. and craftwise it's glorious. cheap, direct, clever and simple. somehow it all adds up to something more than meaningless debate on harmful vs. harmless, not to mention it's hella funny.

i like it all from the burt bacarachish neil diamondish theme song to the dubious decision to dub. (and by the way this film is very well dubbed. if you don't feel so i'm guessing you haven't watched many asian films.)

clucher's film is not just a great western it's a great movie period. like it's protagonist it's carefree, dirty (really dirty), and decent. if i was unbiased i'd give this movie a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. but this movie sits close to my heart. especially when enduring the endless flow of garbage at todays cineplexes. 10 out of 10.

some favorite funny lines

"our weapons are faith and love." brother tobias

"only love shall combat evil..." sarah and judith

"god is with us" brother tobias

thanks mom

A true gem of western/comedy movie.

Author: Rambimbo from Wisconsin
13 March 2000

I first saw this Trinity movie in the mid-seventies and laughed and snickered through it. Recently, I watched it again, and found that it held up well over the past decades, and recommend it highly. The humor in this movie is both subtle and broad. The lead actors, Terence Hill and Bud Spencer, slyly parody spaghetti western stereotypes without hamming it up. They do a masterful job at underplaying their characters' brotherly dislike of each other. There is plenty of broad humor too. Trinity is so scruffy and dirty that when he sits down to eat, puffs of dust fly up. The production values are generally pretty high; this doesn't look like a cheap movie. But the dubbing, as in any dubbed movie, is very obvious. Still, this is a highly enjoyable movie.

First great success of the famous starring couple , Trinity and Bambino

Author: ma-cortes
25 July 2005

The movie concerns Trinity (Terence Hill or Mario Girotti) , a roguish and sympathetic gunman with fast weapon who works as a bounty hunter . His brother Bambino (Bud Spencer) is a sheriff in a village but also an undercover thief who attempts to execute a heist . They'll face off a rich owner (Farley Granger) and some Mexican marauders who try to evict a group of Mormons . They help the pacific homesteaders and the confrontation will be inevitable but is developed by means of successive fights without blood , neither gore , nor cruel murders .

This entertaining picture packs comedy , action , shootouts and lots of brawls and fights . The violence isn't crude but light and predominates the comedy and parody . The storyline is embarrassing and ridiculous but has its agreeable moments here and there . It's a spaghetti western with comedy and develops the usual issues : invincible antiheroes , spectacular showdown , amusing taking on but united to slapstick and simple humor . It's an entertaining Italian western with adequate runtime where there is irony , tongue-in-cheek , shootouts , numerous struggles and is quite funny and amusing .

Though this was their first really big hit movie, the film was actually the fifth picture that Terence Hill and Bud Spencer had both worked on and the fourth which they both had starring roles. The nickname that Trinity was called because he was such a fast quick-draw with his gun was "The Right Hand of the Devil" , the nickname that Bambino was called was "The Left Hand of the Devil¨ . Terence Hill is a good guy , hilarious and likable ; Bud Spencer is a rough , two-fisted , bouncing , grumpy man but with good heart , their characters are partially similar to Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy . The film is a spoof of famous films such as ¨The magnificent seven¨ and ¨Blazed saddles¨ but covered with spaghetti . The picture obtained a sequel with the same protagonists and director , ¨Trinity is still my name¨ , which also achieved much success and many years later a third part , ¨Troublemakers¨ , directed by Terence Hill . Besides , originated a series of awful imitations and copies . Rating : nice and bemusing .

THIER SECOND BEST MOVIE OUT OF THE 19 THEY MADE TOGETHER.

Author: Mark-371 from Nova Scotia, Canada
27 February 2000

Trinity (Terence Hill) is a drifter, and has nothing better to do than roam around the country, sleeping on his cot attached to the saddle of his horse. He somehow drifts into a town, where his brother, Bambino,(Bud Spencer) is the Sheriff. Bambino hates his brother,because all Trinity does is cause trouble.Bambino tries everything to make him leave town. Trinity finds out that his brother isn't the real sherrif. Bambino shot the real sherrif in the leg and stole his badge and left him for dead. So Trinity has a great idea! BLACKMAIL! Bambino doesn't object, because there is a gangster in town called " The Major", who wants to kill some mormon settlers, who are living in a valley he wants for himself. He needs Trinity's help to stop the Major from killing the mormons, and steal all the Majors' Stallions!

This movie is an EXCELLENT comedy! It shouldn't be rated as a western. It is a "B" movie straight from Italy but I think its great! Everyone likes the scenes where Bambino hits people on the top of thier heads and knocks them out! Thats very origanal!

The sequel to this movie is almost as good as the origanal! It's called "Trinity is Still my Name", but the best movie with both Terence Hill and Bud Spencer is "Watch Out were Mad!".(A modern-day comedy) Check them out on IMDb.com

They call me Trinity gets a 7/10

simply... The Best!

Author: sperman from Bologna, Italy
26 March 2002

Bud Spencer & Terence Hill's absolute best movie! Hilarious, spectacular, in perfect Bud&Terence style, with the addition of the spaghetti western settings that make it even more characteristic. This is my favourite and I think it's a great way to spend a couple of hours!

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]