IMDb > I Miss Sonia Henie (1971) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

I Miss Sonia Henie More at IMDbPro »

An interesting idea, but the execution did not really convince me

Author: Thomas (filmreviews@web.de) from Berlin, Germany
1 July 2017

"I Miss Sonia Henie" (a tribute to a Norwegian actress and athlete) is a Yugoslavian Serbian-language live action short film from the early 1970s, so this one had its 45th anniversary last year already. Actually, it is a collection of snippets really made by several filmmakers with the most known one being Tinto Brass I guess. It was the task by every filmmaker to include the phrase that is also the film's title somehow in their story. The problem I had with the outcome that it all seems to center around this sentence and it should have been that the sentence is just a side aspect of a convincing story. So yeah, this is what I hoped for, but sadly not what it is. The nudity and even a sex scene are not a big problem and make sense in the overall context I guess. But the story-telling just never reached a level where I was curious about what would happen next. As a consequence, I have to give this little admittedly very bizarre movie a thumbs-down. Not recommended.

What just happened ???

Author: valleyjohn from United Kingdom
26 May 2011

After watching the fascinating documentary "titucut Follies" i thought i would check out some more work of director Frederick Wiseman. I wish i hadn't. This is Wiseman's first credited short film and it couldn't be more different from the aforementioned film. This fifteen minute mess is nearly impossible to explain because it really makes no sense. It revolves around a few 1970's student types who look like they have just received a camera for the first time and have decided make a movie in their bedroom. It has no structure whatsoever and all i can think is that they were all high at the time. I just hope the next Wiseman film i see is better than this rubbish.