IMDb > Hunters Are for Killing (1970) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hunters Are for Killing (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Saw this being filmed as a kid

Author: jettyhound from United States
5 December 2009

I actually saw this being filmed as a kid in Napa, California, fall of 1969 if I recall. I lived on a vineyard (we were migrant workers). I haven't seen the movie in years, but clearly recall Melvin Douglas and Burt Reynolds walking together in front of our garage area in a scene that was being filmed. I watched from a nearby tree and made a scratchy noise as I moved. The director had to "cut" and re-shoot the scene, and I was briefly scolded by him! Later my mother and I were given a nice tour of a costume trailer and treated to lunch via whatever catering company they had. We met Burt Reynolds, Larry Storch, and Melvin Douglas. That was 40 years ago as I write this!

Don't Hurt Reynolds

Author: GUENOT PHILIPPE (philippe.guenot@dbmail.com) from France
7 December 2008

What a deception. I was enjoyed by the idea to see this one. I expected a die hard actionner, and a downbeat movie typically of the late 60's and 70's. And I like Burt Reynolds, since I was a kid. His character is not uninteresting. But the story, the plot, the directing is flat, tepid. It's actually a drama. Nothing else. The tale of an ex-con - Reynolds - who comes back home after his discharge and tries to recover his father's love, his women's too. And of course tries to clears himself from the murder charge he was accused of.

Don't expect anything unusual in the ending. I have seen this a thousand times. You can feel it seven thousand miles ahead.

What a shame. It could have been far better.