IMDb > Hunters Are for Killing (1970) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Hunters Are for Killing (TV) More at IMDbPro »

Saw this being filmed as a kid

Author: jettyhound from United States
5 December 2009

I actually saw this being filmed as a kid in Napa, California, fall of 1969 if I recall. I lived on a vineyard (we were migrant workers). I haven't seen the movie in years, but clearly recall Melvin Douglas and Burt Reynolds walking together in front of our garage area in a scene that was being filmed. I watched from a nearby tree and made a scratchy noise as I moved. The director had to "cut" and re-shoot the scene, and I was briefly scolded by him! Later my mother and I were given a nice tour of a costume trailer and treated to lunch via whatever catering company they had. We met Burt Reynolds, Larry Storch, and Melvin Douglas. That was 40 years ago as I write this!

Don't Hurt Reynolds

Author: GUENOT PHILIPPE ( from France
7 December 2008

What a deception. I was enjoyed by the idea to see this one. I expected a die hard actionner, and a downbeat movie typically of the late 60's and 70's. And I like Burt Reynolds, since I was a kid. His character is not uninteresting. But the story, the plot, the directing is flat, tepid. It's actually a drama. Nothing else. The tale of an ex-con - Reynolds - who comes back home after his discharge and tries to recover his father's love, his women's too. And of course tries to clears himself from the murder charge he was accused of.

Don't expect anything unusual in the ending. I have seen this a thousand times. You can feel it seven thousand miles ahead.

What a shame. It could have been far better.

Made For TV Movie Available On YouTube

Author: slightlymad22 from United Kingdom
30 May 2015

Continuing my plan to watch every Burt Reynolds movie in his filmography in order, I come to "Hunters Are For Killing"

This is a TV movie from 1970, and is not available on DVD or Video, the only available version is on YouTube which is where I watched it!! The first problem with it was the audio kept going out of sync and that was frustrating at important times!!

Plot In A Paragraph: L.G Floran (Burt Reynolds) returns home after serving time in prison, to clear his name, and claim his share of his dead mother's estate. However his stepfather Keller Floran (Melvyn Douglas) intends to fight him for everything as he still holds him responsible for the death of his own son.

Ignoring the quality of the version I was watching. Some awful direction (including the worst car chase you may ever see) poor dialogue and dire acting make this a tough watch!!

Burt tries hard and is clearly the best thing in this movie.