IMDb > The Firechasers (1971) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

The Firechasers More at IMDbPro »

Great production values and costumes

Author: leetallahassee from United States
2 September 2006

Years ago I saw this movie on television here in the United States. Although a fairly standard "private eye investigation - "who done it," the costumes and cinematography were gorgeous. Chad Everett. Anjanette Comer, and Joanne Dainton (where's she been?) never looked better. Chad is at his best playing a calm, self assured, leading man (Joe Gannon on Medical Center, among others). Also, the British have a seemingly inexhaustible supply of great character actors (Roy Kinnear, etc.) who do such great memorable work with small roles. I would like to see this movie released to DVD. Does anyone out there know anything about this possibility?

Region 2 DVD Release Date

Author: Kevin Thomas from United Kingdom
5 September 2010

In reply to an earlier review Network DVD are going to release this on DVD on the 1st November 2010.

I remember seeing this TV movie on ITV one Christmas in the mid 1970s and thought it was fairly reasonable ITC fare. I have to agree with another reviewer that it was not difficult to work out who the culprit was, I can even remember the plot pretty well all these years later. I am looking forward to getting the DVD to see what I think of it some 35 years later. Network are initially releasing 'The Firechasers' as a "web site exclusive" so it won't be available at online stores like Amazon for a while yet.

small spoiler - even smaller film

Author: Peter-James-2 from United Kingdom
16 September 2005

Watched this late at night once with my mate in Newport.

It knocked spending a night in Newport into the second worst thing I've done in my life.

The plot was fairly standard - for an episode of the Bill.

There was nothing else on so we watched it till the end.

Not so much a 'Who done it?' but a 'Why do it in the first place?'

One of the 'highlights' for me is that it stars Roy Kineer, who I think didn't get enough film work. He's the only person I recognised in the cast and is the only one that I remember being in it. He took photos of fires. Which was a major plot twist.

I thought the lighting was good.